Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Anyone with a recent DP on MSP-BOS meal service? It's over the 900 mile threshold and website says Dinner meal service, just wondering if we'll get sad boxes or a proper meal.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Can't wait to try one next week. Thinking this might be my new go-to!

Originally Posted by atrich

Asked for a Tip Top Old Fashioned, which is what I usually do - FA brought me a Bee's Knees instead, which I was didn't know was an option! I think I still prefer the Old Fashioned, though.

cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:12 pm

BNA - ATL

✔️ PDBs on this very short flight (212 miles) in F.
cmd320 and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
BOS - RSW

No PDB, drink and food order before takeoff instead. Decided to skip the pasta...

Not at all a cauliflower fan, but no deal-breaker either. Pastrami sandwich was pretty good!
cmd320, FabCW, physicsdude and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Pastrami sandwich was pretty good!
Is that a focaccia bread they used for the sandwich? Looks halfway decent for a sandwich and a lot more appetizing than the pastrami sandwiches of the sad box days.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Is that a focaccia bread they used for the sandwich? Looks halfway decent for a sandwich and a lot more appetizing than the pastrami sandwiches of the sad box days.
Yes, foccacia. I can recommend the item if you're presented with it as a choice. The chocolate cake was very fluffy, more like a mousse.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes, foccacia. I can recommend the item if you're presented with it as a choice. The chocolate cake was very fluffy, more like a mousse.
It looked good to me when I thought it was rare roast beef. Pastrami? No thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
DCA

DCA-MSP Breakfast

If you said “let’s put a bunch of celery on top of a quiche” I would say “why”. Well it works. I really like this one. Sadly no breads catered but they included the jam. No FEBO, no PDB, snack basket passed while we were eating our meal, lazy flight crew who spent most of the flight loudly laughing in the galley.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us
Anyone with a recent DP on MSP-BOS meal service? It's over the 900 mile threshold and website says Dinner meal service, just wondering if we'll get sad boxes or a proper meal.
Every 900+ mile flight out of MSP over the past 3 months that I have been on has had a hot plated meal.
hi55us and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hi55us
Hub-to-hub routes get plated meals. Flights with scheduled departures at/after 9PM don't get meals unless they are over 2300 miles, but it looks like the last departure on this route is at 8PM.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ce/first-class
hi55us likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the past, I would have expected a slightly better than normal meal offering on MSP-BOS because it's a business-oriented (and would have been high yielding) route. I don't know whether DL has returned to this convention.
hi55us likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
The pasta looks terrrible.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
I'm flying from JFK to LAX in D1, and to be honest, the selections are underwhelming. Would you all recommend the Southwestern grain bowl, Moroccan Chicken Stew, or the Impossible Meatballs with orzo? I've had the meatballs in the past and they're delicious -- at the same time, they're super salty as well.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by puck021
DCA-MSP Breakfast

If you said “let’s put a bunch of celery on top of a quiche” I would say “why”. Well it works. I really like this one. Sadly no breads catered but they included the jam. No FEBO, no PDB, snack basket passed while we were eating our meal, lazy flight crew who spent most of the flight loudly laughing in the galley.
Comparing this to KLM Cityhopper/AF Hop, the food there is not that great compared to DL nor do they give PDBs, but, they manage to fit at least 5 drink services and a meal on even a 45 minute hop.
flying_bean likes this.

Last edited by physicsdude; Jun 24, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the past, I would have expected a slightly better than normal meal offering on MSP-BOS because it's a business-oriented (and would have been high yielding) route. I don't know whether DL has returned to this convention.
Agreed, will report back tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.