Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Zorak
22 Apr DL49 AMS-JFK

Everything came out on one tray:
  • Cream of Celeriac Soup with olive truffle tapenade
  • Torched Goat Cheese and Beetroot Tartare with bell pepper hummus and smoked almonds
  • Sabatelli's Burrata, Wild Chicory, and Lemon Zest Stuffed Raviolone / roasted tomato sauce, and vegetable tartar
The soup was excellent, possibly because it tasted like it had a gallon of butter in it (not complaining ). Salad was decent as well, although the dressing was odd -- maybe kept too cold and the balsamic had congealed? The raviolone was quite a let down though -- bland and unremarkable.

I hadn't planned on having dessert, but after walking up to use the lav and spotting them being assembled in the galley I asked for the stroopwafel cake. Not bad, although not quite as good as I'd hoped...

Pre-arrival burger. FT opinion on this seems somewhat love/hate, but I enjoyed the hell out of it as usual Only slight notes would be that the bottom bun came out slightly over, the lettuce isn't exactly classic burger lettuce fixings, and also the cheese tends to run onto the plate, so there's no real way to eat this without getting your hands messy, but the burger was substantial and it was delicious the potato salad was fantastic as well.

My service to and from AMS was interesting.

To AMS, they served entree, salad, and bread at once with the soup as an afterthought added to the tray.
From AMS, they served salad, soup, and bread first; took the tray; and then served the entree without a tray direct out of the oven using those tongs they have.

Also, duck breast to AMS was thigh and leg. Food was good though.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by shoodawg
I believe that at least in some markets, DDP is distributed by C.
Dr. Pepper is neither a Coke nor PepsiCo product. However in US markets the Dr. Pepper company contracts with either PepsiCo or Coke to distribute their product.

Thus why promos (ie bottle cap winner of free bottle, discounts for being three 12 packs, etc) of DP sometimes allow redemption of Coke and sometimes PepsiCo products.

Originally Posted by fly747first
Just flew AUS SLC in F. Only the dreaded boxes were available. The Flight Leader apologized for such poor meals considering the length of the flight and his service was consistently outstanding.
SLC has had consistent issues with catering. Ever since DL fired their contracted company (just before CV19), SLC has been a mess.
cmd320 and Skicruiser58 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any reports on the Gemelli Pasta or Southwestern Grain Bowl? (If not, or perhaps even if so, I may have Impossible Meatballs again.)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Lancem504
Bos to Cdg in d1. I had the lamb shank, which was great. My wife had the pappardelle and enjoyed it. Breakfast was pretty good too.
I had the lamb out of BOS as well on your recommendation, it was honestly the best DL meal I've ever had. The meat was so tender it practically fell apart and everything in the meal was delicious.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
Short Ribs dinner Pre-Covid had always been a "safe" go to if you are a beef eater. I just returned from NY (JFK-LAX) D1 and Short Ribs was once of the choices (couldn't per-select because I SDC from an LGA flight because of delays) which I gladly chose and when chatting with the FA they said the Short Ribs have always been one of the more popular and consistent in quality.

I've had 3 hot meals since re-introduction of full meal service and I'm very impressed at the overall quality and execution with the meal experience being better now "Post-Covid" than "Pre-Covid".

Now we just need full offerings for PDB service on domestic flights.

Originally Posted by arkangel
Flew MSP-SEA in F yesterday. Dinner flight, FEBO observed. No PDBs(I asked the FA about that and she said that they were told just the other day to stop serving them, after having been doing so for the past couple of weeks. Grrr.). The three entree options were: 1) Short ribs, 2) Curried chicken salad, and 3) a hummus plate. I chose the ribs and, quite frankly, it was the best meal that I had in domestic F in a long time! The meat was tender and juicy, the mashed potatoes, after adding a little salt, were great, and the veggies were just a little too el dente for me, but I'm not really a veggie person. The salad, with walnuts, was good, as was the cheesecake dessert. All in all, a DL home run on this one! Here's hoping that my SEA-DTW lunch in F in a few days will be as good.
NYC Flyer, DCAproducer and gt5889a like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Last week BOS-ATL dinner service had choice of 3 meals... had the braised beef with broccolini and potato casserole. Came with small salad and desert. Was quite good.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Anyone know what MEX-ATL be lunch/dinner meal type might be?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Anyone know what MEX-ATL be lunch/dinner meal type might be?
Generally the catering ex-MEX is pretty good, I am not sure why but all airlines ex-MEX have good catering.

As to what the dishes my be, I have not flown the route in a while, so not sure.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by kmersh
Generally the catering ex-MEX is pretty good, I am not sure why but all airlines ex-MEX have good catering.

As to what the dishes my be, I have not flown the route in a while, so not sure.
Yeah, I agree. Catering ex-MEX is quite good on all airlines. I guess what I meant is, is MEX-ATL a hot meal flight or a snack box or a cold meal or...
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Doesn’t look like DL is bringing back special meals on domestic flights anytime soon….is there no more pre-flight meal selections on these flights?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Doesn’t look like DL is bringing back special meals on domestic flights anytime soon….is there no more pre-flight meal selections on these flights?
They’re having a hard enough time consistently bringing back hot meals across the system. I’m assuming they’re waiting until all outposts are ready to go before pulling the trigger on pre-ordering.

I also can’t wait for the press release touting this as innovation…
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Yeah, I agree. Catering ex-MEX is quite good on all airlines. I guess what I meant is, is MEX-ATL a hot meal flight or a snack box or a cold meal or...
I've had some pretty ay trow shus food ex-MEX over the years, primarily on AM.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: DL PM
What expectations should I have in the next week for FC meals JFK-FLL dinner and PBI- JFK dinner? Hot meal, cold meal, box meal, plastic or "china"?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
What expectations should I have in the next week for FC meals JFK-FLL dinner and PBI- JFK dinner? Hot meal, cold meal, box meal, plastic or "china"?
Could be any of the above. Spin the wheel of Delta catering and find out onboard!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
PBI-JFK should at least be a hot meal, my friend got a hot meal on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.