Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by defrosted
Michel et Augustin cookies back in first class basket!
Sadly dark chocolate though. The caramel / light chocolate ones in the before times were far superior. Has anyone complained about the downgrade in the least consequential thread yet?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by defrosted
Michel et Augustin cookies back in first class basket!
EWW! As I’ve said before, these are AWFUL and no one should eat them. I’ve had to take one for the team and clean out the basket of all of them before so other passengers wouldn’t have to endure them. Anyone who takes them by mistake, I’ll happily take them off your hands so you don’t suffer.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Travel with Delta from LGA-ATL-GUA in March and was upgraded to first from ATL to GUA.
We were excited about the news that Delta would bring back the normal F meal service.
Turned out, we still received the Delta COVID lunch boxes.
My husband CP got the tofu meal which was ..... a little bit simple.
I got the salmon salad and the size was just like side salad.
It's kinda disappointing.
The FA was very nice and she even handout a handwriting menu to let us select the meal.
1. Snack basket 11'10"
2. handwriting menu 11'12"
3. Delta Lunch box - tofu with rice 11'25"
4. Delta Lunch box - Salmon Salad 11'37"

Despite you can see the menu in the video which shows broccoli, carrot, and mushroom in this grain bowl, we did not see or get any of them it when eating it.

Last edited by pigx5; Apr 9, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by IggySD
Sadly dark chocolate though. The caramel / light chocolate ones in the before times were far superior. Has anyone complained about the downgrade in the least consequential thread yet?
I've seen the milk chocolate and caramel ones too lately. They're all good.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pigx5
Travel with Delta from LGA-ATL-GUA in March and was upgraded to first from ATL to GUA.
We were excited about the news that Delta would bring back the normal F meal service.
Turned out, we still received the Delta COVID lunch boxes.
My husband CP got the tofu meal which was ..... a little bit simple.
I got the salmon salad and the size was just like side salad.
It's kinda disappointing.
The FA was very nice and she even handout a handwriting menu to let us select the meal.
1. Snack basket 11'10"
2. handwriting menu 11'12"
3. Delta Lunch box - tofu with rice 11'25"
4. Delta Lunch box - Salmon Salad 11'37"
https://youtu.be/27yVs9HLUhA

Despite you can see the menu in the video which shows broccoli, carrot, and mushroom in this grain bowl, we did not see or get any of them it when eating it.
Same Covid boxes on FLL-MSP today. Real meals were served reverse route the other day. Maybe trying to wean down the inventory of meal boxes??? 😳
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
EWW! As I’ve said before, these are AWFUL and no one should eat them. I’ve had to take one for the team and clean out the basket of all of them before so other passengers wouldn’t have to endure them. Anyone who takes them by mistake, I’ll happily take them off your hands so you don’t suffer.
you’re still not sick of them!??? Also may I ask if you’re a person of size?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Just wrapped up a 6 segment international trip, and overall I was satisfied with all the meals on the trip, except the final meal on the last segment, SEA-ANC. By far the worst meal and worst crew of the entire trip.

Choices were a Beef Brisket, Roasted Chicken, or Risotto with Brussels Sprouts.

I chose the risotto, and my husband chose the brisket. Both were inedible. My risotto was extremely dry, had more of a taste/texture of oatmeal, and the pumpkin was an odd addition. The Brussels sprouts were OK. Honestly a plate of them would’ve been better. The cheesecake was warm and soggy.

My husband’s brisket was dry and way over cooked. We had excellent brisket on one of our D1 flights and this was horrid in comparison.

The flight crew was ATL based and the flight leader performed the worst service in F I’ve seen since service resumed. No description of the dishes other than “beef, chicken, or risotto.” Also every passenger was met with a “Any food for you?” Eye rolls and sighs when each passenger replied yes.

Bottom line this crew was obviously burnt out and having a bad day. It didn’t help one F passenger boarded the plane obviously way too intoxicated to fly, and I was shocked we didn’t go back to the gate. About halfway in the flight he was removed from F and sent back to Y.

One refill of drinks offered, but no water passes or snack basket. Having had good service on the other five segments I can overlook this one and let it go, but if this was someone’s first or rare F experience, it was an absolute embarrassment.

dang!! I mentioned this above but an FA told me it’s impossible for the crew to overcook because the oven has 3 buttons and you don’t pick temperature or time or anything and all meals are 20 minutes…. I questioned it because my pappardelle was burnt and dry and no sauce but slmeone else on here got a perfect one that looks 100 times better
Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Was surprised and delighted with the meal I received in Delta One tonight on my JFK-SFO flight. A generous portion of short rib meat, green beans and mashed sweet potatoes, plus a decent cheesecake for dessert. The roll was the only weak item (and the mediocre chardonnay but that's to be expected). Much better than UA and AS.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:24 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keith2004

ATL-PTY 4/7 Quiche was pretty good. Glad to see hot meals back.
Bagel + doughy quiche shell = why? Now, if it were a Spanish tortilla, then sure!

This reminded me - on a less egregious scale - of a popular "sandwich" at Japanese convenience stores: a hot dog bun stuffed with fried noodles.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM PM
ATL-TUS my first domestic DL since I abandoned for AA. Expected hot meal, was offered Sad Box. Declined Sad Box and hoped for Michel et Augustin cookies in the snack basket.... no cookies. Fortunately SC food in both DCA and ATL was pretty good so I didn't starve.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:53 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
ATL-TUS my first domestic DL since I abandoned for AA. Expected hot meal, was offered Sad Box. Declined Sad Box and hoped for Michel et Augustin cookies in the snack basket.... no cookies. Fortunately SC food in both DCA and ATL was pretty good so I didn't starve.

Makes me wish the SC pre-package stuff was still available to take in-flight. Those roll-ups were ideal
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
If I recall correctly, I believe Tuscon, El Paso, and Albuquerque previously did not allow for ANY special meals when departing from those locations (why, I do not know). I wonder if this has something to do with it?

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...s--spml-.html#
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
you’re still not sick of them!??? Also may I ask if you’re a person of size?

uh,

I'm just going to pretend you didn't ask me that and follow up with the "eek" face emoji...
emma dog and jjl468 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I really hope they could just serve the regular F meals on all routes as soon as possible.
NotHamSarnie and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
If I recall correctly, I believe Tuscon, El Paso, and Albuquerque previously did not allow for ANY special meals when departing from those locations (why, I do not know). I wonder if this has something to do with it?

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...s--spml-.html#
In regards to ABQ, it is that the airport doesn't have a flight catering facility. The Applebee's or equivalent in the terminal does the First Class meals and swaps the carts out via going down the concourse and through the jetways. TUS may be similar situation. PHX though, no idea..
Pianoman109876 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.