Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Vecturist14
Flying PHX-ATL tomorrow morning. Flight is advertised as First class, but it's on a A330-300 configured as Delta One. I'm curious about what will be served for breakfast, since I haven't received an email or had anything pop up on the app. (Also picky eater with dietary restrictions.)
at this point - you'll find out when you get on the plane. nothing is consistent right now. if you have dietary restrictions - pack your own food.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have the duck breast in D1?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta
My husband had the duck breast last week and said it was good.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta
DTW - CDG. PDBs were served in glass (choice of sparkling wine, orange juice or beer).

I selected the pappardelle with lobster bique. It was pretty good (but not great).

Breakfast. The omelette was tasteless.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
ATL to SAN

Finally a hot meal on this route!

Last edited by seattleBH; Apr 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm Reason: Added photo
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:37 pm

Upcoming trip to ORD from LGA.. what can I expect in First?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Just drinks and snacks, regardless of the time of day.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Vecturist14
Flying PHX-ATL tomorrow morning. Flight is advertised as First class, but it's on a A330-300 configured as Delta One. I'm curious about what will be served for breakfast, since I haven't received an email or had anything pop up on the app. (Also picky eater with dietary restrictions.)
If you booked at least a week in advance, and they didn't send you a meal pre-selection email, it's most likely going to be a sad box, although that route should get a hot meal due to length.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Originally Posted by diburning
If you booked at least a week in advance, and they didn't send you a meal pre-selection email, it's most likely going to be a sad box, although that route should get a hot meal due to length.
I flew this route last week, PHX-ATL, choice was a sad box. FA said Phoenix catering is not catering hot meals yet. Maybe it’s different in reverse from a hub.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by atldiamond
Anyone have the duck breast in D1?
Yes, sort of...

Writing from DL72 ATL-AMS:

Pimento-cheese-stuffed olives, some carrot slices, and something I couldn't quite identify. This is served before anything else hits the table so I guess you use your fingers? Easy enough for the olives, but a bit awkward for the rest.

Per the menu, "Potato and Vidalia Onion Soup with crispy onions" and "Burrata with arugula, radicchio, French breakfast radish, espellette and lemon dressing". Both pretty good, esp with the addition of pepper to the soup.

"Seeded SweetWater® petit pain with peach chili butter" -- hadn't planned on eating all the bread, but needed an excuse to eat all the butter

Pre-order special duck breast -- I guess they ran out of breasts... flavors were good, though the presentation is a bit of a mess. Everything was swimming in liquid, which keeps it from drying out at least...

Strawberry/rhubarb tart. I might've liked a port here but none on the menu and FA confirmed "it's not back on the list yet, but soon"

I thought about skipping breakfast and am glad I didn't, the quiche was fantastic.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
The blue plaid cocktail napkin - you can see it in post #532, I guess is some kind of enhancement?
I flew DTW-LHR on March 31 in D1 and the purser specifically instructed the FA serving the meal that it was to go under the 'amuse bouche' plate. The 'ab' was some cheese on a mushroom cap, tiny and not much flavor. Replaced the nuts.
No canned sparkling water - I like to have the full can. Not sure what the situation is with other soft drinks.
I've now done 3 flights to/from LHR in 2022 - 1 during the single tray service regime, 1 on the day the multi-course service returned, and March 31. So far not impressed with any of them.
And menus are back, but they only describe the entrees - no mention/description of the appetizer, salad, soup, dessert or the selection of wines.
I'm not looking for fine dining, but ....
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mot29
And menus are back, but they only describe the entrees - no mention/description of the appetizer, salad, soup, dessert or the selection of wines.
I'm not looking for fine dining, but ....
They're in the online menu that you can get by scanning the QR code, but it's definitely not as convenient.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Very happy with pasta dish leaving LHR today… was supposed to fly on VS but changed to a less convenient flight because I was unimpressed with the omelet on the way down with VS (lol)

Lol @ almonds

Sabatelli’s Burrata wild chicory and lemon zest stuffed ravioli - delicious 😋

Yummy 😋

😩
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Some recent transcon meals - generally good except the prawn & lobster bisque pappardelle - I only took the flight after my affairs were cancelled for the meal and huge thumbs down - not sure if it is because it was way over cooked or what - I could have purchased four Michelin star meals for the cost of the r/t flights 🥺

Blah

Yummy

Had a much better version of this dish in January

Yummy again

Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:29 am

Bos to Cdg in d1. I had the lamb shank, which was great. My wife had the pappardelle and enjoyed it. Breakfast was pretty good too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.