Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2021 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Are you DL Diamond? 12/60 for a diamond seems crazy!
DM, 2MM - maybe because I was on an award ticket?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Upgraded 5 days (Wednesday) for a Monday (11/08):
  • LGA - DCA: C+ to F (F had about 9 seats available and they were offering $41 to upgrade)
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
LGA-MCL| C+ (Main bought) | 11/3 | 3:50pm flight - no upgrade to FC (5 seats available, I was #12 on upgrade)
MCL-LGA | C+ (Main bought) | 11/5 | 7:15am flight - upgraded to FC (4 seats available, I was #3 on upgrade)

Platinum, no card.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
11/5 SLC-LAX GM on a V fare - 15/35 ish for 0 F, 10/15 ish for 2 C+
11/6 LAX-SLC GM on a T fare - originally on the last flight of the night (8:20 PM) and cleared to F at the window, but SDCed to the 7:10 PM where I was 2/7 for 0 F and 2/5 for 4 C+; the C+ window was more than sufficient for the quick flight and getting home at a more reasonable hour .
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: DL DM Charter Reserve 2MM, MAR PLAT, Choice DIA
funny part about my rate is it was actually better the first nine months of the year, at 90%, since Sept 1 I've flown 22 segments and am below 50%, and the last two weeks I have not had any preflight upgrades, all at the gate. I'm DM 2M with reserve amex.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: delta
SEA-HNL| C+ (bought V) | 11/6 | DL450 - no upgrade to FC (can't remember precisely, somewhere like 6 seats available, #14/28 on upgrade)
HNL-SEA | C+ (bought V) | 11/6 | DL440 - no upgrade to FC (3 seats available, was #4/16 on upgrade, ouch)

Delta PM, Amex Delta Platinum card, no waiver.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
RDU-DTW 11/8 DL2738 UG to FC overnight on 11/7 UG to C+ when booked on -11/7
DTW-IAH 11/8 DL3752 UG to C+ at 24 hours before flight (at checkin at 940 am there were 4 FC and 2 C+ available) Now I am 1/7 for 3 FC at the gate
This was a rebooking of a changed itin that was originally RDU-IAH-LAX-RDU (with various intermediate stops) When originally booked all went to C+ at booking, RDU-DTW upgraded to FC a 7 day window
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
CLE-JFK-DCA; I got upgraded 5 days out on both segments to F.

I'm relocating to northern Ohio to be near family members, but I can't bring myself to fly AA to DCA. WN to BWI or UA to IAD. I may decide to drive (it is 6 hours between my new home and downtown DC; it is about the same time investment to drive to CLE, take the parking shuttle, go through security and wait for the flight).
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
11/6 JFK to PWM upgraded at the Gold window as was Mrs Pretzels and Peanuts who was flying with me (she doesn’t have status). A Saturday flight to Maine in November….
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM Charter Reserve 2MM, MAR PLAT, Choice DIA
flying ATL-SAN tomorrow on A330 B fare, was updated to C+ upon booking of course, but no F upgrade to date. it's been like this for the last two to three months, delta is holding seats in F and C+ to sell them up to departure and as long as people keep buying them, they're going to keep doing it and i don't blame them but for us elites that earned status by flying this year, it's a hard one to swallow.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
SLC-RNO for this Friday 11/12 cleared to F at the window, GM on a L fare. Will likely want to SDC to an earlier flight though which is showing J1 unfortunately, so unlikely I'll actually fly F. Looks like RNO-SLC on Monday will be C+ given that it's also J1, but we shall see.

Will make PM on this flight thanks to Amex MQMs posting, so curious what if anything happens with my upcoming BOS trips - seems like SLC-BOS v/v (which will be my most regular route going forward) may be DM territory, which won't happen for me anytime soon. Anyone have experience with that route that they can share?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by jxrob
flying ATL-SAN tomorrow on A330 B fare, was updated to C+ upon booking of course, but no F upgrade to date. it's been like this for the last two to three months, delta is holding seats in F and C+ to sell them up to departure and as long as people keep buying them, they're going to keep doing it and i don't blame them but for us elites that earned status by flying this year, it's a hard one to swallow.
SAN is easily the hardest upgrade of the cities I fly to. Over the past 5 years as a DM I am averaging 88%-92% upgrades overall, but when I am going to or from SAN I am less than 20%. I think it's just a destination where people buy the big seats up front. <shrug>
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
PM and C+ at booking

11/9 GRR-ATL 15 of 41 for 0 in F( what’s the deal with GR? PMNW loyalty? A lot of regular flyers who really hate having to connect through O’Hare with UA or AA?)

11/9 ATL-VPS 5 of 14 fir 2 in F
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:26 am

11/4 - Upgraded both ways LGA - RDU and RDU - LGA. Gold.

Made Platinum on my trip to SFO. I was already in D1 both ways but just for context since people always seem curious about the upgrade list on the D1 transcon flights...

On the 9pm Sunday night flight JFK-SFO there were 29 people on the upgrade list for zero D1 seats. And that flight is brutal if you're an east coast person since you arrive at basically 4am est.

Coming home yesterday 11/9 on the 2pm SFO-JFK flight there were a bunch of open D1 seats. I think probably 6 or so people were upgraded and then there were still 16 or so people on the list.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jxrob
I did this flight on the 764 back in August when I was still a GM and cleared it at T-72 granted it was the first flight of the morning. People were still buying First or getting upgraded after that though because it filled up and then at the gate there was a list of ~20 people for First and no open seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.