Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
The following two links are updated daily:

IATA international transit / arrival policies re: Wuhan 2019-nCoV

WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports

Other Discussions on FlyerTalk Pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, which is now also known as COVID-2019:
Print Wikipost

DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ab2013
Is it just the geo? It gives them access to AK and Asia but both have always had service provided by other carriers. Sure, the region is growing rapidly (not just Seattle metro) too
Significantly less competitive than LAX or SFO, geographically ideal for Asia (and AK) and possibly the fastest growing metro area in the West. Just my thoughts, I have no inside info
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by JordanV
I thought Florida got rid of quarantine rules from New York area, but I guess not. I'm planning to fly from NYC to Miami for July 4th on DL. Does anyone know how that works? Does Delta give you forms that no one checks? Thank you.
You could always stay home and abide by the rules.
Cases are spiking in FL and I think it's because of all the vacationers down here. In Sarasota/Siesta Key it's busier than Spring Break right now.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
You could always stay home and abide by the rules.
Cases are spiking in FL and I think it's because of all the vacationers down here. In Sarasota/Siesta Key it's busier than Spring Break right now.
In my neighborhood in Florida, many of our NY-based residents have fled to their Florida homes. Various reasons behind that which are best left to OMNI.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by KRSW
In my neighborhood in Florida, many of our NY-based residents have fled to their Florida homes. Various reasons behind that which are best left to OMNI.
I'm seeing NY plates crawling around all over the place. Connecticut as well.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:51 pm

NYC to FL Travel

I thought Florida got rid of quarantine rules from New York area, but I guess not. I'm planning to fly from NYC to Miami for July 4th on DL. Does anyone know how that works? Does Delta give you forms that no one checks? Thank you.
I think they collect the forms on arrival but not entirely sure. As others have said, I'm not sure it's enforced. In any case, the restriction despite recent extension has outlived its usefulness, with Florida having roughly 4 times as many new cases per day as New York State. NY, CT, and NJ have the lowest transmission rates in the US right now. The recent cases are not from travelers but from community spread in Florida, probably because of lack of adherence to social distancing guidelines. I have a Delta flight booked from NYC to TPA for the July 4th weekend to visit family at home - don't care if I have to self-quarantine. However, I'd rather not bring a case back to NYC. The Tampa area is spiking to the point where my sister (a doctor) is getting concerned and is now staying at home as much as possible.
renila and rmp_king like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Supposedly there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone going to Florida from the tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT). Apparently it is not being properly enforced, although it was just renewed and reiterated by the FL governor.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Flew into MIA last week and saw no sign of anyone being checked where they had originated from. No forms collected, no signs of quarantine. Things appeared relatively normal at MIA and South FL is normal other than masks. (Granted I was not in the DL specific area this trip, but AA).

Unrelated, but ANC was a complete zoo when I left. Long lines of people being checked as to whether they have a negative test result, requesting testing at the airport, or electing to 14 day quarantine. As an airline pilot I'm exempt (critical infrastructure) but I dread the hassle when I fly home next.

On trips I have taken with DL, the app prompts a travel advisory when you go to check in. Saw it for flights to ANC in May, and FL (TLH) in May as well.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
I flew from JFK to FLL last week. We were met by Broward Co health officials who handed everyone a form to fill out. Why are you here, bus or pleasure, place to stay, etc. Supposed 14 day self isolation, but no one follows up.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Looks like the international cuts have been loaded in the schedule for August. DTW/SEA-AMS are showing as 1x daily. MSP-AMS also returns 1x daily on the A350 (that's nice!)
Old Jun 18, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Been flying a lot in the Intermountain West the last few weeks and noticed lots of up-gauging and extra sections. CR2s becoming CR9s out of SLC and extra sections running within minutes of each other on routes like SLC-COS and SLC-GJT.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:46 pm

MSP-AMS also returns 1x daily on the A350 (that's nice!)
That is nice! As far as I can see, TATL in August is entirely A330s and 767s, with this flight being the one exception.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the international cuts have been loaded in the schedule for August. DTW/SEA-AMS are showing as 1x daily. MSP-AMS also returns 1x daily on the A350 (that's nice!)
MSP-AMS is actually 5x weekly on DL in August. There were also 4x weekly KL flights when I checked a couple days ago, but it looks like those have been pulled.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
MSP-AMS is actually 5x weekly on DL in August. There were also 4x weekly KL flights when I checked a couple days ago, but it looks like those have been pulled.
I definitely don't think the KL schedule is reliable for August yet. SFO-AMS shows almost 2x daily in Aug (a few days are just 1x). Seems unlikely
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by xliioper
How is DL rotating that A350 through the network? I don't think DL is offering any other international service at MSP in Aug.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:45 pm

How is DL rotating that A350 through the network? I don't think DL is offering any other international service at MSP in Aug.
They aren't offering any other A350 service from AMS either. So the plane is likely just going back and forth

The schedule is conducive to back and forth
MSP 17:22 - AMS 08:15
AMS 10:35 - MSP 12:09

On non-operating days, I assume it will just sit tight

Last edited by Mountain Explorer; Jun 19, 2020 at 10:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.