Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Calchas
As of 1 January 2017, CX will interline on separate tickets to their airline partners once again.

to 31 Dec 2016 CX Agents' advisory http://www.cxagents.com/cxa/gc/en_HK/ln2
from 1 Jan 2017 http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...e-tickets.html

Ausbt article: http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...-baggage-rules
http://www.ausbt.com.au/did-oneworld...of-a-nightmare
http://www.ausbt.com.au/oneworld-air...ecting-flights

AA: will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner) https://ssc.aa.com/prmportal_enu/Age...%20Tickets.pdf
MH: still check through two PNRs (own or partner)
CX/KA: check through CX/KA separate PNRs. Will resume checking through to partners starting 1 Jan 2017 http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...e-tickets.html
JL: Will through check. http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/161003.html
QR: will check through separate PNRs (own or partner) from 01 MAR. https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airways-ditches-oneworld-s-restrictive-baggage-rules
QF: Will check through QF to QF separate PNRs, will not check through partner separate PNRs (from 1 Sep 2016)
BA: Will not check through partner or other airlines' separate PNRs. WIll not check through BA-BA on seperate PNR's (as of 15 Nov 16)
IB: Will check through IB to IB separate PNRs
LA: will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner)
AY: Will check through AY to AY separate PNRs, will not check through partner separate PNRs
Print Wikipost

CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:26 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
DAD doesn't use KA own agents (I think they're VN's)
But they have a landslide airline office and I would go there and ask to see the MOD if necessary. Of course I will have printed multiple copies of the cxagents notice
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Jagmeets, your landslide (x2) were obviously slips
Thank you as always for your input.
I'm certain that I typed landside. I'm even more certain that iOS needs to be more aviation talk-words friendly
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
DAD doesn't use KA own agents (I think they're VN's)
But they have a landslide airline office and I would go there and ask to see the MOD if necessary. Of course I will have printed multiple copies of the cxagents notice
I have the cxagent website, where exactly is the specific page? Only if you have the time...
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:37 am

- oneworld Ticketing and Disruption Policy 01 Jun 2016

Can't link it directly
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:00 pm

- oneworld Ticketing and Disruption Policy 01 Jun 2016

Can't link it directly
Thanks, got it and bookmarked it. Hopefully won't have any issues at DAD.

Thanks all - Jamie
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Did you say F lounge is involved?
If ur bags didnt get thru tagged, just go thru transit and thrown the rulebook in their face at the F lounge. I bet they would retag it as if you were at the transfer desk.

I think it would work even if u talk to the F lounge agents nicely
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:29 am

I had a complete brain fart and forgot HKG was involved and Jamienbaker's an OWE. No point wasting time waving arms at DAD MOD
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:57 am

I had a complete brain fart and forgot HKG was involved and Jamienbaker's an OWE. No point wasting time waving arms at DAD MOD
So I should maintain my optimism? Sounds like a plan, I'm not bent out of shape about it. Many thanks for everyone's input. Hope to return the favour at some point.

Jamie
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
So the wiki post above says LA will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner).

Does anyone know whether that's an official LA position? The reason is because about three weeks ago LA did check our luggage through (LA to LA). We were flying on two separate PNRs - LA800 SYD to SCL (award) and LA640 SCL to LIM (revenue). At check-in I asked if she could check through our luggage and she just said yes.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:57 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Rivarix
So the wiki post above says LA will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner).

Does anyone know whether that's an official LA position? The reason is because about three weeks ago LA did check our luggage through (LA to LA). We were flying on two separate PNRs - LA800 SYD to SCL (award) and LA640 SCL to LIM (revenue). At check-in I asked if she could check through our luggage and she just said yes.
You should probably ask this in the LATAM forum.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:05 pm

Interlining bags to MH

Hi,

I'm going to be flying from HKG>BKG on the 22:00 CX709 flight arriving in BKK 23:55. I then have MH797 booked at 05:55 to KUL the next morning. On separate bookings - 1st CX, 2nd MH. I've also got the airside Louis Tavern hotel booked that night to try and get a few hours sleep.

I suddenly remembered though that CX no longer officially interlines bags. What are people's experience of this? Is it possible I could get a friendly checkin agent who will allow this? Note I'm OWE so will be using the F checkin.

If not, any suggestions as to how to get the maximum sleep period in BKK? I believe MH don't open their checkin desk until around 1h20 before the flight. I guess my Louis Tavern booking is pretty much useless in that case as I won't be able to take my luggage airside.

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:02 pm

Officially no and no OWE posted they can override this.

Originally Posted by Jonrross
If not, any suggestions as to how to get the maximum sleep period in BKK? I believe MH don't open their checkin desk until around 1h20 before the flight. I guess my Louis Tavern booking is pretty much useless in that case as I won't be able to take my luggage airside.
Ouch

I don't think BKK transfer desks can retrieve luggage like HKG and TPE right?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:20 pm

Spoke to CX and they said no way. I've found an alternative solution - SZX to KUL direct using AirAsia, and actually $3k cheaper. I told the CX woman if she wanted to keep the business they can give me a call back today, otherwise I'll probably cancel it later on. Would much prefer to use OW, but if they're going to cause so much hassle I don't think I have much choice than to go with AirAsia.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:26 am

From CX's website:

Enjoy through-check benefits when you are travelling on separate tickets
We listened to your feedback and we are pleased that we are revising our previous through-check policy.

Starting from 1 January 2017, Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon as a courtesy will once again through-check you and your baggage to your final destination if you are travelling on separate tickets. This means you no longer have to collect at arrival and check in your baggage again with your connecting carrier, thus allowing you to enjoy a smoother travel connection with our airline partners. You will still be subject to local passenger security or customs policies.

However, through-check may not be possible if your travel begins with an airline that does not provide a separate ticket through-check service. Please contact your originating airline directly for more details.

Passengers with connecting itineraries booked on a single ticket or connecting between Cathay Pacific Group-operated flights will be through-checked to their final destination.

Please visit our travel information page for more details.

Last edited by sxc; Dec 20, 2016 at 3:00 am
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
And this is posted under the travel advisories section:

Through-check to final destination
Last updated: 20 Dec 2016

Effective 1 January 2016, as a courtesy, Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon will through-check you and your bags to your final destination if you are travelling on separate tickets involving connections with our airline partners. However, through-check may not be possible if your travel begins with an airline that does not provide separate ticket through-check service.
Too bad they couldn't put the date correctly here. But also, why not just make it effective immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.