Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Calchas
As of 1 January 2017, CX will interline on separate tickets to their airline partners once again.

to 31 Dec 2016 CX Agents' advisory http://www.cxagents.com/cxa/gc/en_HK/ln2
from 1 Jan 2017 http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...e-tickets.html

Ausbt article: http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...-baggage-rules
http://www.ausbt.com.au/did-oneworld...of-a-nightmare
http://www.ausbt.com.au/oneworld-air...ecting-flights

AA: will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner) https://ssc.aa.com/prmportal_enu/Age...%20Tickets.pdf
MH: still check through two PNRs (own or partner)
CX/KA: check through CX/KA separate PNRs. Will resume checking through to partners starting 1 Jan 2017 http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...e-tickets.html
JL: Will through check. http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/161003.html
QR: will check through separate PNRs (own or partner) from 01 MAR. https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airways-ditches-oneworld-s-restrictive-baggage-rules
QF: Will check through QF to QF separate PNRs, will not check through partner separate PNRs (from 1 Sep 2016)
BA: Will not check through partner or other airlines' separate PNRs. WIll not check through BA-BA on seperate PNR's (as of 15 Nov 16)
IB: Will check through IB to IB separate PNRs
LA: will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner)
AY: Will check through AY to AY separate PNRs, will not check through partner separate PNRs
Print Wikipost

CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
I've booked a flight HKG-BKK-KHI and KHI-BKK-HKG where the HKG-BKK sectors are CX and BKK-KHI on TG. All booked on a single PNR but ticket numbers are different.

I'm relying on CX to check bags through all the way from HKG-KHI and for TG to do so from KHI-HKG, and for both to give me boarding passes for both flights when checking in.

Am I going to be OK?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:55 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by midlevels
I've booked a flight HKG-BKK-KHI and KHI-BKK-HKG where the HKG-BKK sectors are CX and BKK-KHI on TG. All booked on a single PNR but ticket numbers are different.

I'm relying on CX to check bags through all the way from HKG-KHI and for TG to do so from KHI-HKG, and for both to give me boarding passes for both flights when checking in.

Am I going to be OK?
I suspect not. In the past I had a similar type of ticket to yours except connecting at BKK to HKT. I had to collect baggage at BKK and recheck in. This was a few years ago.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
BKK transit timing

I am about to book a CX BKK-HKG-BKK flight for next April to attend the HK7s.

When I return to BKK I will be connecting to CMB on a completely separate ticket on UL, which is scheduled to depart around 9pm. Assuming that, although Oneworld, I can no longer interline my luggage HKG to CMB, how long should I allow to transit in BKK - to exit with my luggage (after immigration procedures) and then bagdrop at the UL counter and leave enough time to comfortably make the UL gate, having gone through immigration and security again?

I have read elsewhere that you can arrange at a transit desk to have your luggage picked out, relabelled and put on your next flight without you having to go through immigration and the reverse procedure - is this still possible? If it is how do you physically check that your bag has been properly identified and relabelled?

The most likely CX flights arrive in BKK at 13.50pm, 16.20pm and 17.45pm.

My instinct is to go for the 16.20pm arrival. I'm Oneworld Emerald, which should speed up any check in/bag drop procedures.

Any thoughts?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
As an aside, do you have a corporate box ticket for the HK7s? If not, be aware that with CX as a sponsor, there are deals on flights + HK7s tickets from ports around Asia, and you might be better off waiting for those to be launched in order to book the two together.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by christep
As an aside, do you have a corporate box ticket for the HK7s? If not, be aware that with CX as a sponsor, there are deals on flights + HK7s tickets from ports around Asia, and you might be better off waiting for those to be launched in order to book the two together.
Thanks - yes I know about these Fly 'n See type packages and my wife and I have used them before, which is why we are "starting" from BKK. The Asian packages have now been launched by CX.

Our actual routing is slightly more complex. LHR-OSL-DOH-BKK (4 nights) then the 7s trip to HK, then BKK-CMB (7 nights) - DOH-OSL-LHR. You might wonder why all this rigmarole but the OSL-DOH-BKK//CMB-DOH-OSL are all in J on QR and cost about 25% (when booked in a sale) of the current CX J return fare direct from LHR to HKG. Apart from HK we also get a few days in Bangkok and a week in Sri Lanka on the way back.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
I suspect not. In the past I had a similar type of ticket to yours except connecting at BKK to HKT. I had to collect baggage at BKK and recheck in. This was a few years ago.
https://www.cxagents.com/cxa/gc/en_HK/ln2

According to this page, the following is eligibile for though check in (includues BPs, and baggage to final destination):

"b. Two tickets for interline journey, segments ticketed separately in a single PNR (regardless of travelling carriers),
e.g.:

HKG-LHR – tkt nbr xxxxx123
LHR-WAS - tkt nbr xxxxx124
Single PNR AB12CD
"

Therefore am I not covered officially?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:47 pm

Hey guys.
I just realized that I may have made a very dumb decision, but if you guys could help me I would really appreciate! ^^

Next month I'll be traveling from HKG to NRT on CX. Then I will fly KE to ICN on the same day, departing from the same airport, NRT. They have different PNR. I did this because I looked at the CX interline agreement and I saw that KE was listed. So I just thought that at HKG they would be able to send my bag all the way to ICN. What a rookie thing to do!

As far as I can see I would have to enter the country, pick my bag and go the KE counter and proceed to check it all over again. But the problem is that I would need a visa to enter Japan. Would there be any other alternative I could take?
I won't have enough time for a visa, even a transit one ( they take the same amount of time to be granted)

One alternative that I'm thinking is getting a JAL flight to ICN. Being in OW but in different PNR would be less of a problem?

BTW, I don't know if this helps, but I'm flying F with CX and Business/Prestige with KE.

Last edited by geoshina; Nov 16, 2016 at 6:48 pm Reason: I wrote the wrong airport
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by geoshina
Hey guys.
I just realized that I may have made a very dumb decision, but if you guys could help me I would really appreciate! ^^

Next month I'll be traveling from HKG to NRT on CX. Then I will fly KE to ICN on the same day, departing from the same airport, NRT. They have different PNR. I did this because I looked at the CX interline agreement and I saw that KE was listed. So I just thought that at HKG they would be able to send my bag all the way to ICN. What a rookie thing to do!

As far as I can see I would have to enter the country, pick my bag and go the KE counter and proceed to check it all over again. But the problem is that I would need a visa to enter Japan. Would there be any other alternative I could take?
I won't have enough time for a visa, even a transit one ( they take the same amount of time to be granted)

One alternative that I'm thinking is getting a JAL flight to ICN. Being in OW but in different PNR would be less of a problem?

BTW, I don't know if this helps, but I'm flying F with CX and Business/Prestige with KE.
Switching to JL means that you would have a same terminal transfer, but you would still need to get a visa as you have to pick up your bag and recheck. So it is a shorter connection but doesn't help with immigration problems.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by geoshina

This post again highlights how dumb, anti-high-revenue, and anti-customer-service CX's new no-interline policy is.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Originally Posted by geclub1
This post again highlights how dumb, anti-high-revenue, and anti-customer-service CX's new no-interline policy is.
It's not just CX, it's a Oneworld rule, adopted by most members. I agree, very anti customer service. Why have an alliance then.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:19 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
CX will require both same booking and interline agreement to exist to interline.

In HKG and TPE the CX transfer desk can ratag http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1780679-transfer-cx-tpe.html the transfer desk can retag.

I don't think this happens with KE in NRT. Even if they might, they're in T1 and you and your bags are in T2.

I'm not sure even if JAL in T2 will do it.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Mafai
It's not just CX, it's a Oneworld rule, adopted by most members. I agree, very anti customer service. Why have an alliance then.
CX could have continued the previous policy for F/J and elite status passengers, for example. I am just shaking my head in disbelieve.

Last edited by geclub1; Nov 16, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Mafai
Originally Posted by geclub1
CX could have continued the previous policy for F/J and elite status passengers, for example. I am just shaking my head in dis-brief.
Actually, if I am not mistaken, CX was one of the strongest advocates for this new 'policy'.

Meanwhile, JL is happy to continue upholding the rules of the past...
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Actually, if I am not mistaken, CX was one of the strongest advocates for this new 'policy'.

Yup, and so do others.

HKG-HAM CX >> AB: No la
HAM-HKG AB >> CX: No problem

Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Originally Posted by G-CIVC

Always thought it was BA as a strong advocate of this. Guess it's both of them then.

Surprisingly, I was asked by agent at TG counter at HKIA if I wanted to interline to QR, with boarding pass of QR flight printed on TG logo ticket. Can't see CX doing that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.