Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 6:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by lon_flyer
Three prawns, an eighth of an egg, two cherry tomatoes, two shredded lettuce leaves, half a mushroom, two olives, and a third of a stick of charred asparagus. I suppose whether it's substantial is subjective, but certainly my five year old eats more than that for her lunch. For me, as a meal served at dinner, it was far from substantial, and judging by the unprompted apologetic nature of the FAs, they found it lacking too.
Now, now, now it's clearly a quarter of an egg
Old May 10, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
I’d tend to agree that with those who feel it’s inadequate for a flight like Oslo. It feels like a domestic/very short hop (AMS/CDG) type of offering.

I had no issue with the breakfast service though.
So, the OSL question depends, IMHO, which direction you're talking about. Ex-LHR, it's T3 at the moment, which is, like, so many tasty meal options in great lounges (not the BA one, obvs...), and just too full to eat anything substantial once on board. However, inbound, and not just for OSL, BA normally has mediocre third party lounges / limited in-terminal options, so, yes, it is a bit underwhelming and insufficient - and true of all the longer band 2s (northern Italy springs to mind)

This is especially true of breakfast. ex-LHR, even T5, the last thing anyone wants is a massive CE breakfast, and my default is the cold plate (worth bagging row 1 for). But, inbound nightstopper whether from OSL or the furthest away 4 hour CE destination, it's the most meagre half-tray meal and processed cereal bar, because "storage". If it really is a space issue, then why not have a big breakfast and bigger meals inbound, and save the half tray and light snacks for outbound?!
britbronco22 and ENTP like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

Malaga to LHR lunch today. Good rather than great but a thumbs up for me.
Tobias-UK and PGberkshire like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Didn’t take a photo but a very nice lunch on our flight to Corfu yesterday of lentil salad for starter then beef cheek with vegetables and mash for me, hubby had Malaysian curry followed by a raspberry/mango macchiato I think it was called (delicious) and followed with coffee/tea in paper cups. There should have been a Tiger Prawn salad main as well but only the chap in 1A in front of me got that. When I asked for it I was told it had gone so perhaps they only had the one to begin with! Ah the privilege of being Gold! Nice wines as well.
TedToToe likes this.

Last edited by Shingi; May 10, 2022 at 8:50 am Reason: Typo
Old May 10, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kt74

This is especially true of breakfast. ex-LHR, even T5, the last thing anyone wants is a massive CE breakfast, and my default is the cold plate (worth bagging row 1 for). But, inbound nightstopper whether from OSL or the furthest away 4 hour CE destination, it's the most meagre half-tray meal and processed cereal bar, because "storage". If it really is a space issue, then why not have a big breakfast and bigger meals inbound, and save the half tray and light snacks for outbound?!
I have to disagree about ex LHR breakfast. I always look forward to it, because you know what you’re getting and it’s usually consistent and edible. And, the GC breakfast offering doesn’t cut it.

(If I had access to the cooked breakfast in GF, then I might have a different view tho…)
kath2049, Akoz and Robert279 like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: BA (Gold)

ATH - LHR Thai prawn curry was OK (all 3 prawns of it) and micro-salad pot and the desert were good too. Coffee was served in paper cups, which lowered the tone somewhat.

Regards, PR
bafan, Tobias-UK and GOTBound like this.

Last edited by PorcoRosso; May 11, 2022 at 1:40 am Reason: typo fix
Old May 11, 2022, 1:48 am

LHR to Jersey afternoon tea yesterday. A bit too bready for me but the filling was tasty enough. The scone was warm but I skipped the victoria sponge so cant comment.Three rows of club fed and watered in record time.
MaxFlyer, lon_flyer, JTXC and 2 others like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Had exactly the same on LHR- OPO recently, which I would have thought might have had something more substantial given the length of the sector, but even though they were tiny, the sandwiches were tasty enough and given the emphasis on creaminess/sweetness, with the scone/Victoria sponge double header, the whole meal was actually quite filling.
lon_flyer likes this.

Last edited by South London Bon Viveur; May 11, 2022 at 3:21 am
Old May 11, 2022, 2:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Had exactly the same on LHR- OPO recently, which I would have thought might have had something more substantial given the length of the sector
OPO has always been Band 2 catering whereas LIS is Band 3 and will get a somewhat more substantial offering.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
done quite a few trips the last two weeks:

LGW-Malta pictured below, the usual but the dessert pot was digusting, tasting of bitter chemical lemon. and believe me i love almost anything lemon homemade of manufactured!

FCO-LHR-VIE the usual tea service above or the shrimp curry which i did not want so the usual RIGATONI PASTA that has featured so heavily for a year now. you can all picture it already.

thanks to BA cancelling my VIE-LHR i went finnair VIE-HEL-LHR but forgot to take pics. overall the food, while fresh, was shockingly worse than BA as there was no choice.

for fun i'm also including a photo of my Malta-Rome flight which is under an hour for comparison what AIR MALTA can manage these days...on a full size tray.
Attached Images   
PorcoRosso and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:40 pm

BA 680 LHR-IST April/May 2022

May 2022 [April 2022 is displayed in menu card]
BA 680
London Heathrow to Istanbul 5:40pm departure
Club Europe
Full album link: https://photobucket.com/u/Carfield76...8-6fe2b4a8ac2a

Starter
Greek salad, beluga lentils, whipped feta

Main
Braised beef cheeks, mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, braising jus
Or
Aubergine rendang, coconut rice, stir fried vegetables
Or
Poached tiger prawn salad, cos lettuce, button mushrooms, Marie Rose dressing

Cheese and Dessert
Celebration of British cheese:
Red Leicester and Somerset Brie with fig relish and crackers

Chilled strawberry and mango macchiato

A selection of soft drinks and juices

A selection of Twinings’ traditional and herbal teas

Union Coffee

Hot chocolate is available upon request

No pork was used in the preparation of this menu. We apologize if your meal choice is not available.
CM OB NO PORK LHR 04/22 210E042-1A
Tobias-UK and peter.r.erskine like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:07 am

LHR to Catania today for breakfast. Slung over by a slovenly crew, one of which who was delighted by our 1h40m late departure as it meant she would not have to work tomorrow.

Usual hot breakfast "served" with the lids on. The best I can say is that it was hot.

Carfield likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
LHR-BUD, May 2022, BA870 2100d
Band 3 rest of the day, KSML

Chicken stuffed with broccoli. This meal was from Passover stock!

Carfield and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
LHR-ARN, May 2022 (Band 3, afternoon).
No menu cards were given out. The choices of main item were a cold salad (the details of which I forget), a blue cheese pasta dish (which the gentleman along the row from me told the crew was delicious), and the option I chose:

Salad of, I think, taramasalata
Cod with mashed potatoes and wilted spinach.
Cheeses and crackers.
A layered cream and chocolate dessert.

The salad was actually better than it looked - it went well as a dip for the crackers.
The cod, mash, and spinach was pretty reasonable - honestly a nice bit of fish there. The mash isn't nearly as dry or mealy as it looks - it just has an unfortunate surface appearance (that's some sort of garnish on top, but I couldn't work out what).
I don't eat cheese by choice, so I can't comment on their taste, but they looked OK.
The dessert was light and pleasant.
Bread rolls were also offered (not pictured).
Tobias-UK and greg5 like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
ARN-LHR, May 2022 (Band 3, evening).
Menu:

Having had the full works on the way out (see above), I opted for the Waldorf salad:

The side salad was largely unmemorable.
The Waldorf salad was made from pretty good ingredients (in particular, nice apples and quite reasonable salmon) but rather heavy on the mayonnaise in the substrate.
I don't eat cheese by choice, so I can't comment on the cheese selection.
The dessert was another cream and chocolate concoction - light and pleasant.
The wine was quite drinkable, and served at an appropriate temperature.
JTXC and Tobias-UK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.