Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
You can still :
  • Make a booking or check in online, however you won’t be able to redeem any Avios
However you cannot at the moment add your exec number to any booking you make, so no free seat choice
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:59 am

The next Wednesday 17th November is 2027 so the IT guys have a little more time to play with!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
This is annoying. I was rather relying on it all being back up and running today- silly me.
paulaf likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum

I've just been informed their best techies are working overtime as we speak.
T8191, 36902BRF and S_W_S like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Entire BA website now down?

Looks like on top of the Exec Club maintenance woes, the whole website is down now. Anyone else seeing this?

Old Nov 18, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by The Geek

I've just been informed their best techies are working overtime as we speak.
They'd be better off with Sergei. His systems seem fine, and as we have recently seen, knows to turn things off and turn them back on again to make them work!
Colesmore likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:04 am

Seems to be back online! I have been able to log into my account
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Door5L
Seems to be back online! I have been able to log into my account
Do not log out, I still get the "we are improving the exec club" message, so if you log out you may never get back in!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Have been able to log-in to the app, website is still down for me.

Pilot37
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:18 am

Would this explain why a flight this afternoon has assigned me a seat in WTP, shows the seat map of club world but won’t allow me to select any seats?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:19 am

This is typical of a large corporation. Whilst us plebs get left hanging you just know that if this was a problem affecting their highest spending, most loyal customers they’d make sure they had it fixed on time! Oh, wait….

That said, I have just had the dubious “pleasure” of interacting with Iberia’s online customer facing systems for the first time today. As far as I know they are not mid IT meltdown so SHEESH! 😶. At least BA aren’t using the same IT geniuses they are! Oh, wait…

/sarcasm (for the avoidance of any doubt!)
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
I have finally managed to login and can confirm that all aircraft are now actual real unicorns, every passenger gets one of those huge toblerones upon boarding and caviar is served in ET as part of the free meal offering.

And no, I don't think I start drinking too early. It's always 8am somewhere.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Do not log out, I still get the "we are improving the exec club" message, so if you log out you may never get back in!
Bits of the site may be working because of residual cookie data, but if you try a fresh login (say, in Windows Private mode), it's still firmly disabled.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC , QR Privilege, Oman Sindbad, Tufty Club.
Was about to book a once in a lifetime extended family trip in J and F this morning. My £25k plus business has just gone to Star Alliance carriers and Qatar because I just cannot trust BA to look after us anymore. This last fiasco is the last straw - coupled with my phone bill arriving in yesterday's post with over £80 of charges for calls to try (successfully) to utilise my outstanding FTVs and not getting through to a human in 8 prolonged attempts. Bye bye BA. So sad.
adrianlondon, T8191, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:51 am

Successfully logged in and got to the final stages of a booking using Avios. The payment page then shows the circle of doom and finally a “sorry, our systems are not responding….” Like others, probably time to use my Virgin Flying Club miles instead of flying BA!
SxMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.