Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex

I saw the post about Household account planned maintenance but I have not seen this mentioned (apologies if I missed the thread).
This came in an email:

"In addition to this, from the afternoon of 13 November 2021 until the morning of 17 November 2021 (GMT), you’ll be unable to log in to your Executive Club account or spend your Avios. But rest assured, you will continue to collect Avios during this time."
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:54 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
I saw the post about Household account planned maintenance but I have not seen this mentioned (apologies if I missed the thread).
This came in an email:

"In addition to this, from the afternoon of 13 November 2021 until the morning of 17 November 2021 (GMT), you’ll be unable to log in to your Executive Club account or spend your Avios. But rest assured, you will continue to collect Avios during this time."
I just got it too...the title on the email was classic: "You may be impacted by our upcoming improvements" 😡
jmj9905 and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
...apologies if I missed the thread.
More information in this thread:

"Planned improvements to the Executive Club" email - any ideas?
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
I do not think this is correct, I scanned all messages in that thread prior to posting this, that thread is purely about HHA changes. The email I am referring to came only a few hours ago.

Perhaps it is good to have a separate thread? a lot of people may not care much about HHA access but Exec account access impacts everyone.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
No redemptions of any kind , use of vouchers etc can be booked during the outage.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by surryson
No redemptions of any kind , use of vouchers etc can be booked during the outage.
I wonder, if I cannot log in to Exec account, how do I pay BA Hols balance roughly due during that period? I guess by phone...?

But then it's possible I am missing something here...
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I do not think this is correct, I scanned all messages in that thread prior to posting this, that thread is purely about HHA changes. The email I am referring to came only a few hours ago.

Perhaps it is good to have a separate thread? a lot of people may not care much about HHA access but Exec account access impacts everyone.

It’s sometimes difficult to keep up with some topics, especially those of more than a few pages. You will see the email you refer to was quoted in post #55 of that topic, but I think it is good that you bring this to our attention - many will not have noticed the announcement 👍🏻
BATLV, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Yes, got the email too. What's the betting with BA's IT history it doesn't come back to life on 17th as planned. Will be printing out balances on our accounts and evidence of vouchers on the 12th just in case!
dobba and Keystone like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I wonder, if I cannot log in to Exec account, how do I pay BA Hols balance roughly due during that period? I guess by phone...?

But then it's possible I am missing something here...

You can log into the booking only using the PNR and surname and will be able to pay the balance.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
You can log into the booking only using the PNR and surname and will be able to pay the balance.
Correct, it is only the BAEC/Avios part of ba.com that is being ‘improved’. Bookings can still be accessed using the PNR, and this method will also be necessary for online/App check-in during the period of downtime.
OGG flyer likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 5:12 am

Maybe it will be a positive change? Maybe an extra field to show you’ve only used the 241 on a single leg and allow you to then select it when searching for the return flight, showing the extra ‘I’ class availability?
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I completely missed the partner cards part of the email until now - scrambling to award them by tomorrow night given the outage will be 1-17 November and my year resets on 8th…

First world problem but obviously prior year cards were rolled over so the usual suspects are already sorted!
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Maybe it will be a positive change? Maybe an extra field to show you’ve only used the 241 on a single leg and allow you to then select it when searching for the return flight, showing the extra ‘I’ class availability?
You must be new here
tattikat2 and Nephoi like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser
You must be new here
Fairly new 😉 and enjoying the wisdom of this forum. How about you say what a great idea and if everyone agrees , maybe any BA representatives lurking here, will take it up? Come on Ratechaser 🤑, let’s be positive 🌝.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:44 pm

The icon 🌝 reminds me of the Mighty Boosh 🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.