Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
None. Just moving your data from one system to another.

Medium term, one Avios balance used across all IAG airlines.
Which entails a good number of floppy disks.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well I am surprised that this is taking longer than planned. However, I am sure when it is back up everything will be running perfect with no problems at all.
Yes, none of us saw that coming at all.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
I hope the powers that be have put some money behind a suitable bar this evening for the IT bods who have had to do this. I suspect they might be getting pretty stressed around about now.
especially as they almost certainly should have finished yesterday (in proper planning you'd always announce the system to be down for longer than you would expect the work to take)
TraumaDoc likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
I hope the powers that be have put some money behind a suitable bar this evening for the IT bods who have had to do this. I suspect they might be getting pretty stressed around about now.
I'd expect they will be too busy writing up a suitably CYA worded post mortem on why there was such a publicly visible delay...

If I'd been been given free drinks for every project I'd been involved in that overran, I'd have been permanently drunk...

Although that could explain the public perception of people working in finance
af fp likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I think the answer was mentioned upthrewd with fare class mapping.. if a J class booking normally uses K class then BA will have mapped this to say B class availability and the partner carriers can book J redemptions whilst B class is available.
Kind of, sort of.. X, P, U, Z codes are still there and bookable, by BA and partners. The inventory is still published, and obtainable, in the regular booking codes, but while oneworld partners can issue awards from their programmes as normal, BA agents currently have no idea whether you have only a single or even a million Avios as, just like us, they can’t see your profile either. They could book the space, but not be able to process anything...

The class mapping is something else, and is more to do with X being approx the same RevMan commercial yield value as say L, (and approx P to T, U to R, Z to A). It’s possible to see A/R/T/L and no Z/U/P/X - but very unlikely the other way round, with redemption space still being available if the corresponding revenue space is zero. I’m not privy to whether they are actually linked or not, but I think there’s something along those lines baked into the availability formula.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
BA are now advising on Twitter that it won’t be back up until tomorrow!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
much like the gate guidance system being turned on or bags arriving to the belt in BER, it'll just be "a few more minutes"
The _Banking_Scot and 86BA7 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:11 am

Will Master Bisonrav get his gold card?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
If that is the case, really shocking - even by BA standards. What is up with them at the moment; don't even remember them being so hard to contact/so unreliable even back in the Cruz days, need to get it sorted and quick.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Gomac
Agent on the GGL line advised it will be up and running 5pm today (not holding my breath).
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:23 am

Presumably it's all being done by IAG GBS, so Sean doesn't even have direct accountability and line of sight? It'll go via Luis?

Either way, five days for a database migration for a customer facing service such as this, is pretty awful, even by BA/IAG standards.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Currently on BA Teams :-

Paul - Hey Jon, you did request the PROD firewall changes didn't you?

Jon - What changes?

Paul - Oh sh*t...
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:24 am

They are moving to a new platform. No changes to the customer experience.

Very open ended Do they mean the experience when traveling with them, or BA as a whole, including the BAEC experience? Probably the latter, but this is BA after all.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo
Agent on the GGL line advised it will be up and running 5pm today (not holding my breath).
in which time zone?
gcuk likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by muscat
in which time zone?
GMT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.