Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
So my wife appears to have been busted down to silver from gold, Neither her nor Master Bisonravi have been able to log in, I did manage to nominate him for an upgrade, the process seems different, you need to nominate to nominate now.

Not massively impressed, the day before travel.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Gold line still can't access the Avios to allow ticketing of my two held-since-Saturday reservations... said just now that they're waiting for an update but "should be in the next hour"... uh huh, sure!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by 13901
Well, now nothing works anymore, I just get a "Welcome -" and then I'm kicked out. I'll leave it until tomorrow.
I just get a generic error page now. "Sorry there seems to be a technical problem" blah blah blah
deepestblue and 13901 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
So, trying to

Book Avios flight
Claim missing tier points
View one of my bookings

Result each time

Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I know I'm guilty of 'not reading the room' here, but all is fine with me.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:15 am

Unable to transfer any nectar points to avios. Just get a message saying not available at the moment.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by paulieuk
Gold line still can't access the Avios to allow ticketing of my two held-since-Saturday reservations... said just now that they're waiting for an update but "should be in the next hour"... uh huh, sure!
Same here for the GGL line - got two bookings on hold which expire 8pm today and first travel date is Saturday.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
App
I can log in but only to the booking I have and not to my general account.

Website
A bit hit and miss but I have been able to log in. Pretty disappointed though - TPs (nil as 8-Nov y/e) and Avios are exactly as they were before and I've had no free upgrade to GGL.
mikeyfly and RG1X like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Presumably it's all being done by IAG GBS, so Sean doesn't even have direct accountability and line of sight? It'll go via Luis?
Ordered by IAG Loyalty (formerly Avios Group Ltd.), with IAG GBS (the formerly BA Information Management part) possibly being involved as a stakeholder, but most likely almost completely outsourced to the lowest bidder in another, uh, continent.

Whatever problem they're currently facing, the person who would know the answer was probably - or is in the process of being - laid off: BA IT Outsourcing
contractor likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:39 am

Interestingly, when I choose book a flight with Avios from my account area (on desktop), I can only select Economy or Business on a long haul route now, no choice of First of PE. Is anyone else getting this?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:39 am
formerly JackDann

All a bit slow on the website - but got in and had a mooch no problem. Didn't really have to do anything though.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
took ages but managed to log in to find none of the 1100TP i've flown since nov 8 have posted....lets hope it resolves once the dust settles or this will go very badly for them if they are unable to post miles/tp's for all those who flew during this debacle!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: LH SEN
ERROR

You would think after four days it would work.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well done! Me too
Me too. I was going to complain about the 300 tier points I'm still waiting for from 4-7 Nov but now I don't care
Is it reasonable to update my FT profile to GGLFL now?
IFE Wizard, gcuk, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Is it reasonable to update my FT profile to GGLFL now?
No. You have to delete your current profile. In 4½ days' time, you can then put in GGLfL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.