Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond

Seems it’s back working again.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Deanog1976
Seems it’s back working again.
nope, sometimes i get to the login screen and try loggin in and getthe "sorry our systems".. error

othertimes no login screen, just the "we are making improvements...."

I have also put my exec number and password in on the flight booking process, now its not giving an error, (it did on Tuesday) so it looks like it was accepted OK, but then does not pre fill any of your data and wants to charge you for seat reservations
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
and it's broken again!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
I don't want to book any flights. All I want to do is order a load of corporate Christmas gifts from Fortnum & Mason & others, and get some Avios points. So all I want is https://www.shopping.ba.com/ to be working again. But oh no, you can't log in there either.......
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’d like to say my mind is blown by this: but sadly it was wholly predictable it would be badly screwed up.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I just managed to get in on the app. I realise right now it's not that useful a data point, but frankly I just wanted the bragging rights...
firstlight likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I’d like to say my mind is blown by this: but sadly it was wholly predictable it would be badly screwed up.
Meanwhile we still get (when it’s working) 3 generations of assorted customer-facing screens as one works through booking and payment processes. The whole site is a jumbled mess of legacy sub-routines.

However, to our amazement, we were able yesterday to seamlessly book a BA Holiday trip … simply by NOT logging in, and just adding our BAEC details manually during the booking. No Avios were involved in the process.
MaxFlyer and hoipolloi like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:57 am

Still unable to access executive club and my avios

As of five minutes ago I am still unable to access my executive club account or my avios. I still get this message:
The Executive Club is temporarily unavailable while we make some planned improvements. Everything should be back up and running for Wednesday 17 November.
Today is 18 November.

I am in the US..wonder if that has anything to do with the delay? Is anyone out there experiencing the same problem?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:58 am

I spoke to them on the phone just now and they have no information about when it will be back still...

They also can't access the system and make any bookings themselves... but they can check reward availability.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Master Bisonrav briefly showed gold on the website but was back to silver at checkin in INV. Fortunately the cc were delighted to do a little gold greeting for him, so he’s none the wiser. Currently eating brownies in the CCR like a boss.
IFE Wizard, T8191, golfmad and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mgfly
I spoke to them on the phone just now and they have no information about when it will be back still...

They also can't access the system and make any bookings themselves... but they can check reward availability.
"Here's what you could have won"...

(apologies to the late Jim Bowen...)
kanderson1965 and mgfly like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by carrington1
As of five minutes ago I am still unable to access my executive club account or my avios. I still get this message:
The Executive Club is temporarily unavailable while we make some planned improvements. Everything should be back up and running for Wednesday 17 November.
Today is 18 November.

I am in the US..wonder if that has anything to do with the delay? Is anyone out there experiencing the same problem?

Nothing to do with location. As you can see from this thread that your post has been moved to that we all have the same problem.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:04 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Silly question but couldn't this work have been done earlier in the year when most of us couldn't travel.
adrianlondon, becks1, Pack and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Silly question but couldn't this work have been done earlier in the year when most of us couldn't travel.
And miss out on all this fun?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
My massive AMEX points transfer from Nov 10th will probably be lost in limbo forever...
...and will Wednesday's flight TPs and Avios ever be be added?
Rhetorical questions really 😱

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.