Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Called the Gold line at 0605, who said it was back - but then they couldn't access my BAEC account when I gave the number. She said it was "intermittent" and spoke to the 'Duty Desk' - who also found they couldn't log in to my details. So we tried the OH's number, and the same result. I was told that apparently the issue now only affects some accounts, and she wondered whether the status had something to do with it (as both accounts are GCH).

I feel really sorry for the poor sods dealing with this on the front end, and try and be supportive when I speak to them on the phone as it will not be nice and there will be nasty people being nasty to them, which is also part of the human 'cost' of this sort of cock-up.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by paulieuk
Called the Gold line at 0605, who said it was back - but then they couldn't access my BAEC account when I gave the number. She said it was "intermittent" and spoke to the 'Duty Desk' - who also found they couldn't log in to my details. So we tried the OH's number, and the same result. I was told that apparently the issue now only affects some accounts, and she wondered whether the status had something to do with it (as both accounts are GCH).

I feel really sorry for the poor sods dealing with this on the front end, and try and be supportive when I speak to them on the phone as it will not be nice and there will be nasty people being nasty to them, which is also part of the human 'cost' of this sort of cock-up.
thanks for the update. BA could prevent nasty people giving call centre staff a hard time through decent customer communications. At the moment it is all very much guess work but it seems the upgrade has not gone to plan so maybe BA comms is thinking of a recovery plan!
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oakles
Correction to the above. I can't login from ANY other page. Some pages give me the "Sorry. Our systems are not responding" message.

My most successful attempts have come from trying to login during the booking flow (from a fare quote page).
I tried this and it was my only successful account login today. Midway through looking around, I got an error message about having already logged in with another account (which I did not do) and requiring me to log out and log back in with whatever other account they think I was trying to access.

I flew on 2 AS flights that were registered under my BAEC # 4 days ago and the TPs and miles from those trips did not show up; in contrast, my outbound flight taken on 11/9 showed up on my BAEC account on 11/11.

It's annoying to work with sheety software.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Silver here and I’m unable to access. Fear CS may have been fobbed off once again by IT in saying it’s working ..
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
When I try to log in I get:

We’re improving the Executive Club.

The Executive Club is temporarily unavailable while we make some planned improvements. Everything should be back up and running for Wednesday 17 November.
Insert joke about time machine here.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by abligh
When I try to log in I get:

Insert joke about time machine here.

Yes, BA IT desperately searching for a Flux capacitor and an old DeLorean!

Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:18 am
Suspended

Hopefully the BA IT crew has nothing to do with aircraft operations, repairs, or maintenance.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:25 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)

Sorry

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:37 am

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Correction to the above. I can't login from ANY other page. Some pages give me the "Sorry. Our systems are not responding" message.

My most successful attempts have come from trying to login during the booking flow (from a fare quote page).
This works wonders. Logged in through the fare quote page and made an avios booking. All seems to be fine in the account.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:37 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Well as of 07:30 GMT on the 18th November:

Website says ETA of 17th November
BAEC app has no ETA
BA shopping app has no ETA

Hopefully the IT crowd won't be too hung over from their post release drinks last night and can give it another go today...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I’ve also logged in through the booking process. My flights from 11/11 (BA), 12/11 (AA) and 16/11 (BA) haven’t credited.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:43 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by iansh
This works wonders. Logged in through the fare quote page and made an avios booking. All seems to be fine in the account.
That worked for me too, all seems OK in the account.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:50 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by champignon
Hopefully the BA IT crew has nothing to do with aircraft operations, repairs, or maintenance.
Reminds me of a spurious tale of a software development conference from the 80s.
Speaker: "So, given what we know, which of you would get on a plane if you knew the software had been developed by your team?"
Only one man's hand goes up.
Speaker: "Sir, can you tell me what gives you such great confidence?"
Man: "If my team did the software, that plane is going nowhere, I'm perfectly safe."
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
FYI - while I can't login from the ba.com homepage (login button greyed out and the "We're improving the Executive Club" message displayed)

However, I can login from any other page. Just not the homepage.
I just tried that - assuming you were joking - but it worked!!

How utterly hopeless does someone have to be at their job to be unable to lock users out of their own database when they need to…
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:04 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Splotly
I just tried that - assuming you were joking - but it worked!!

How utterly hopeless does someone have to be at their job to be unable to lock users out of their own database when they need to…
Maybe if you tried using the password 'Joshua', on the main login screen, that would also work...
Gastrocnemius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.