FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2057222-13nov-pm-17nov-am-baec-account-maintenance-cannot-login-spend-avios.html)

OGG flyer Oct 29, 2021 10:40 pm

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

I saw the post about Household account planned maintenance but I have not seen this mentioned (apologies if I missed the thread).
This came in an email:

"In addition to this, from the afternoon of 13 November 2021 until the morning of 17 November 2021 (GMT), you’ll be unable to log in to your Executive Club account or spend your Avios. But rest assured, you will continue to collect Avios during this time."

BLG Oct 29, 2021 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by OGG flyer (Post 33686939)
I saw the post about Household account planned maintenance but I have not seen this mentioned (apologies if I missed the thread).
This came in an email:

"In addition to this, from the afternoon of 13 November 2021 until the morning of 17 November 2021 (GMT), you’ll be unable to log in to your Executive Club account or spend your Avios. But rest assured, you will continue to collect Avios during this time."

I just got it too...the title on the email was classic: "You may be impacted by our upcoming improvements" 😡

golfmad Oct 30, 2021 12:00 am

Originally Posted by OGG flyer (Post 33686939)
...apologies if I missed the thread.

More information in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...any-ideas.html

OGG flyer Oct 30, 2021 12:04 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 33687057)

I do not think this is correct, I scanned all messages in that thread prior to posting this, that thread is purely about HHA changes. The email I am referring to came only a few hours ago.

Perhaps it is good to have a separate thread? a lot of people may not care much about HHA access but Exec account access impacts everyone.

surryson Oct 30, 2021 12:12 am

No redemptions of any kind , use of vouchers etc can be booked during the outage.

OGG flyer Oct 30, 2021 12:17 am

Originally Posted by surryson (Post 33687072)
No redemptions of any kind , use of vouchers etc can be booked during the outage.

I wonder, if I cannot log in to Exec account, how do I pay BA Hols balance roughly due during that period? I guess by phone...?

But then it's possible I am missing something here...

Tobias-UK Oct 30, 2021 12:19 am

Originally Posted by OGG flyer (Post 33687061)
I do not think this is correct, I scanned all messages in that thread prior to posting this, that thread is purely about HHA changes. The email I am referring to came only a few hours ago.

Perhaps it is good to have a separate thread? a lot of people may not care much about HHA access but Exec account access impacts everyone.

It’s sometimes difficult to keep up with some topics, especially those of more than a few pages. You will see the email you refer to was quoted in post #55 of that topic, but I think it is good that you bring this to our attention - many will not have noticed the announcement 👍🏻

firstlight Oct 30, 2021 12:44 am

Yes, got the email too. What's the betting with BA's IT history it doesn't come back to life on 17th as planned. Will be printing out balances on our accounts and evidence of vouchers on the 12th just in case!

KeaneJohn Oct 30, 2021 1:20 am

Originally Posted by OGG flyer (Post 33687076)
I wonder, if I cannot log in to Exec account, how do I pay BA Hols balance roughly due during that period? I guess by phone...?

But then it's possible I am missing something here...

You can log into the booking only using the PNR and surname and will be able to pay the balance.

Tobias-UK Oct 30, 2021 1:26 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn (Post 33687141)
You can log into the booking only using the PNR and surname and will be able to pay the balance.

Correct, it is only the BAEC/Avios part of ba.com that is being ‘improved’. Bookings can still be accessed using the PNR, and this method will also be necessary for online/App check-in during the period of downtime.

AmaaiZeg Oct 30, 2021 5:12 am

Maybe it will be a positive change? Maybe an extra field to show you’ve only used the 241 on a single leg and allow you to then select it when searching for the return flight, showing the extra ‘I’ class availability?

lorcancoyle Oct 30, 2021 1:46 pm

I completely missed the partner cards part of the email until now - scrambling to award them by tomorrow night given the outage will be 1-17 November and my year resets on 8th…

First world problem but obviously prior year cards were rolled over so the usual suspects are already sorted!

ratechaser Oct 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg (Post 33687318)
Maybe it will be a positive change? Maybe an extra field to show you’ve only used the 241 on a single leg and allow you to then select it when searching for the return flight, showing the extra ‘I’ class availability?

You must be new here ;)

AmaaiZeg Oct 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 33688449)
You must be new here ;)

Fairly new 😉 and enjoying the wisdom of this forum. How about you say what a great idea and if everyone agrees , maybe any BA representatives lurking here, will take it up? Come on Ratechaser 🤑, let’s be positive 🌝.

AmaaiZeg Oct 30, 2021 3:44 pm

The icon 🌝 reminds me of the Mighty Boosh 🤣