Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Test to be taken within 72h of UK arrival so in theory yes although the trip indeed would need to be extremely short. Does the DXB on arrival test give you a neg certificate/neg mobile text to show return check in/on UK arrival if asked?
  • all international arrivals to England, including UK nationals, required to present a negative COVID-19 test taken up to 72 hours prior to departure
Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
  • all international arrivals to England, including UK nationals, required to present a negative COVID-19 test taken up to 72 hours prior to departure
I would echo the previous poster - it's easy to get COVID tests in Dubai, we paid £80 each for ours back in early October when we had to have tests to go into and leave Dubai.
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is anyone able to clarify, when opting for a PCR test on arrival, whether quarantine at hotel until result means you can’t leave your hotel room or you can’t leave the hotel?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Is anyone able to clarify, when opting for a PCR test on arrival, whether quarantine at hotel until result means you can’t leave your hotel room or you can’t leave the hotel?

Thanks in advance.
I would of thought it means that you can’t leave your hotel room as otherwise you could transmit the virus while walking around the hotel. Masks don’t provide 100% protection.
argonath and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Is Marhaba lounge open? 24/7?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I would of thought it means that you can’t leave your hotel room as otherwise you could transmit the virus while walking around the hotel. Masks don’t provide 100% protection.
No, that is not my understanding. The wording provided by EK states: "If you take a test at the airport, you must remain in your hotel or residence until you receive the test result".

Therefore, you need to remain in the Hotel and not restricted to just your hotel room (and this is what I did when I arrived).
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty

​​​​ Scheduled departure or actual departure?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
No, that is not my understanding. The wording provided by EK states: "If you take a test at the airport, you must remain in your hotel or residence until you receive the test result".

Therefore, you need to remain in the Hotel and not restricted to just your hotel room (and this is what I did when I arrived).
Yeah - that's what we did. Although, it appeared we were more or less the only people in the hotel anyway. We had the pool completely to ourselves for the first 3 days we were there - and after that a maximum of 3 other people
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Seems cancellations are now rolling through, BA107 has gone for my date at the start of Feb. Just had the email.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by firstlight
I would echo the previous poster - it's easy to get COVID tests in Dubai, we paid £80 each for ours back in early October when we had to have tests to go into and leave Dubai.
They're cheaper now. One can get tested at Emirates Specialty Hospital, which operates a 24/7 no-appointment-needed testing facility 10 minutes from DXB, for AED 150 (£30), recently reduced from AED 220 (£44). I got my results from them in about 8 hours. And I'm sure there are numerous other providers as well.

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground

It may not be strictly enforced, but the intent is that you need to stay in your hotel room and to have meals delivered there.
argonath likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:49 am

Cancelled

My 107 has been cancelled also was in first on a companion voucher. My return was already downgraded to club a few weeks ago so was hoping for some comp.

Any ideas how to now play it ?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Egbg100
My 107 has been cancelled also was in first on a companion voucher. My return was already downgraded to club a few weeks ago so was hoping for some comp.

Comp?! Take the full cash refund and be happy or shunt back a few months and be happy
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:04 pm

Compensation and avois returned due to the downgrade
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold

EC261 doesn't count for reward flights according to BA. Good luck.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Compensation and avois returned due to the downgrade
I fear you may be daydreaming a bit. but good luck with your attempt.
KeaneJohn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.