Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ceej123
I used my Randox certificate at DXB last week without issue. They barely looked at it at the D gates transfer train (where the check generally takes place) and wasn’t asked at the border. My certificate did say the testing location so I'm not sure what that would say for an at home test. It was more scrutinised at LHR.
Same.

Mine was checked by an airport assistant prior to bording the transfer train. Cursory glance as I remember.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Another +1 today that the only check at DXB side now is just before the train when they look at the date of the test in a matter os seconds. I haven't heard of a single person say they have ever had a problem using Randox.

Last edited by 2002ad; Oct 13, 2021 at 5:05 am
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:30 am

Apologies for what would appear to be a basic question, but Verifly tells me I "must download and set up the ALHOSN UAE app". Is this a mandatory requirement - I have not seen reference to it anywhere else?

In addition, as I now have a boarding pass having completed Verifly, can I bypass the check in desks if I have hand luggage only?

Thanks for any assistance!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Had a 'Drive Though' Randox test yesterday at Stanstead (Jet Parks). Paid £60 each for the '12hr / Same Day' test as this is reported back using the lab on site. Had our test results back within 2.5 hours, very happy chap!

It has the info on the testing location (showing it was done at a mobile unit). It also states the test kit is 'Vivalytic POCT RT-PCR'. Now this is technically a Rapid PCR that according to various articles is not accepted, however this should not be a practical issue.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by bigmerv
Apologies for what would appear to be a basic question, but Verifly tells me I "must download and set up the ALHOSN UAE app". Is this a mandatory requirement - I have not seen reference to it anywhere else?

In addition, as I now have a boarding pass having completed Verifly, can I bypass the check in desks if I have hand luggage only?

Thanks for any assistance!
Forget about it. That is the counterpart of the NHS T&T app in the UK for UAE locals.

Technically you need to download the 'Covid 19 DXB app' but no one will check if you have downloaded that one. It is a pointless app anyway which pings you Global news on Covid and is maybe a hidden tracking app, who knows (I installed it for my recent trip and uninstalled as soon as I left the country). No checks if installed.

Not sure re/ the BP - it might be the case that entry gates send you to a passport check desk, similar to flights to the US when not checking in bags. Others here will know.
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:01 am

I can confirm that:
- I was able to go straight through security
- no apps or paperwork were looked at on arrival other than quick glance at PCR certificate. (That includes not looking at the health declaration that they give out on the flight).
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Just booked

BA107 LHR-DXB 28 Nov ( A350)
BA106 DXB-LHR 4 Dec ( A380)
Both in CW
Regards

TBS
oxfordjames and HB7 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Just booked

BA106 DXB-LHR 4 Dec ( A380)
Both in CW
Regards

TBS
Have fun, I’ll be 4 weeks behind you!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:17 pm

After our unceremonious downgrade from F, we'll be on the same outbound as you on our way to the F1 in AUH!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Exsilver
Have fun, I’ll be 4 weeks behind you!
And I'll be a class behind him. But a week ahead
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Well, Just paid the remaining balance on the BA holiday after the GBP 150 deposit ( was due tomorrow).
Now need to book a PCR test at LHR. I assume a test done on Thursday afternoon UK time will be good for arriving on sunday evening at 2335 local or would a Friday morning test be better? Will be staying at a hilton LHR hotel ( central london hotels are pretty expensive that weekend)

Will need to look at the Expo pavillions and decide which ones to prioritise (over 200 iirc). Will probalby spend part of 2 days there ( Singapore and Luxembourg pavilions seem to be interesting

Regards

TBS
LPQ likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The PCR test needs to be done no more than 72 hours of departure of the last direct flight to Dubai.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:45 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
The PCR test needs to be done no more than 72 hours of departure of the last direct flight to Dubai.
To me there is some confusion on this, does the PCR test need to be done in the last country before the last direct flight? As in, if one is coming from France/Germany to London for 2 days, can they take the PCR test in France/Germany and use it for a BA flight leaving LHR (to DXB)?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HB7
To me there is some confusion on this, does the PCR test need to be done in the last country before the last direct flight? As in, if one is coming from France/Germany to London for 2 days, can they take the PCR test in France/Germany and use it for a BA flight leaving LHR (to DXB)?
Ive flow from Germany and Finland to Dubai with a PCR test done in the UK without any issues.

The only thing that staff seem to check is the date and result of the PCR test.
HB7 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hi,

Well, Just paid the remaining balance on the BA holiday after the GBP 150 deposit ( was due tomorrow).
Now need to book a PCR test at LHR. I assume a test done on Thursday afternoon UK time will be good for arriving on sunday evening at 2335 local or would a Friday morning test be better? Will be staying at a hilton LHR hotel ( central london hotels are pretty expensive that weekend)

Will need to look at the Expo pavillions and decide which ones to prioritise (over 200 iirc). Will probalby spend part of 2 days there ( Singapore and Luxembourg pavilions seem to be interesting

Regards

TBS
Hi TBS, I'll be flying back on 5th December for 10 nights and was thinking of going to the Expo too. Would be good to hear if you think it's worth it when you've been.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.