Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
BA & Dubai

Anyone been with BA to Dubai since they ‘opened for business’ ?

Considering a trip seeing as France is off the cards and wondered if it’s worth the hassle?

Last edited by Will100; Oct 7, 2020 at 1:21 am
Old Aug 15, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
So for Dubai you need a negative PCR covid result within 96 hours of flying and also your return flight to the UK. You also need proof of health insurance for when you arrive... currently it is on the ABE list so most insurance policies won't cover a trip there.

Outdated information, check before you travel...

Last edited by Schwann; Dec 24, 2020 at 1:12 am
Old Aug 15, 2020, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Did you put BA in the title to make it relevant to this forum?!
1Aturnleft and roy2016 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
This isn't going to go away...we really are in trouble...!!

and a vaccine won't solve anything...it'll take years to roll out worldwide and many people (including me) will be highly reticent about taking something that's been rushed through trials...

I had thought that maybe by 4Q things would open up again...but I think its more likely to be 2022 or even 23 before my next long haul trip...
Old Aug 15, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Did you put BA in the title to make it relevant to this forum?!
Its on the BA forum as I was planning on booking BA.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
So for Dubai you need a negative PCR covid result within 96 hours of flying and also your return flight to the UK. You also need proof of health insurance for when you arrive... currently it is on the ABE list so most insurance policies won't cover a trip there.
ABE?
Old Aug 15, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Will100
ABE?
All but essential (travel)
Old Aug 15, 2020, 1:48 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by Schwann
Insurance is the least of your worries -- give AXA Dubai a ring, they have specific Covid insurance packages for 105 dh (22 GBP) for non-residents of Dubai visiting Dubai and/or Oman on a toursit visa (on arrival or pre-booked) that will cover stays of up to 30 days.

While I honestly can't recommend coming here before October purely due to the fact that I often can't tell if I'm condensating or evaporating, if you do decide, keep in mind the following:
- you will need to quarantine for 14 days on arrival back in the UK
- do your PCR at an government-approved lab before you come with results within 96 hours of your flight, or you'll spend the first 4 hours of your holiday waiting in a queue in T3 (since T1 is scheduled closed until 2021). If it comes back negative, you won't have to quarantine.
- you will not have access to the Concorde / Galleries lounges on the inbound from DXB due to above point. Not sure what they're using at the moment as my guests only arrived on BA but left on Emirates.
- rules of travel between emirates are changing on a whim -- a few weeks ago we had a colleague head down to Abu Dhabi for the day for meetings, and got stuck there for a good few days because the border between Abu Dhabi and Dubai closed around 3 pm with little advance warning. The northern emirates where all the resorts are (RAK, Fujairah, etc.) are likely to follow suit with Dubai.
- You won't be able to live "the Dubai lifestyle" for a little while, yet -- buffets are banned (table service only), a lot of the higher end hotels are closed (e.g., Park Hyatt, Burj Al Arab, Bab al Shams, Armani Hotel, W Palm).
Rookersa and Ldnn1 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Any lien with BA to Dubai since they ‘opened for business’ ?

Considering a trip seeing as France is off the cards and wondered if it’s worth the hassle?
is the trip to france off the cards because of the quarantine on return requirement? if so, then the same restriction applies to returning from the UAE
Old Aug 15, 2020, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
is the trip to france off the cards because of the quarantine on return requirement? if so, then the same restriction applies to returning from the UAE
Just spotted the typo in my first message, apologies.

The 14 day on return is OK, it’s the 14 outbound that has killed it for France.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Just spotted the typo in my first message, apologies.

The 14 day on return is OK, it’s the 14 outbound that has killed it for France.
14 day outbound?

These is currently no requirement to quarantine when you arrive in France if you arrive from the UK. quarantine is currently only required when you return.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
14 day outbound?

These is currently no requirement to quarantine when you arrive in France if you arrive from the UK. quarantine is currently only required when you return.
As a British citizen, yes there is. They introduced it as a reciprocal measure.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Confus
no mention of it in the FCO website

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

no mention here either

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-U...ntine-measures

I know they threatened to introduce a reciprocal measure,
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Confus
The French authorities announced they would introduce a reciprocal measure, they haven’t actually done so as yet.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
and since I live in France and want to travel back to the UK next month for a few days it would be best if they held off...

I think that our French friends know that there are enough Brits that want to holiday in France...and are prepared to either take their chances on evading the quarantine on their return or work from home in any case.

So if they hold off it'll be to their advantage to benefit from this trade.

What's happening is utterly insane and instead I've been taking advantage of the low train and hotel prices to travel around Europe. Hotels in the centre of Rome and Amsterdam for £70 or less per night. Basel to Florence on the train for £40.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.