Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2023, 2:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by 2358
When we went though in May, one carriage (not the first one) was roped off. Only Marhaba and their guests were using it.
Was that on arrival from concourse D heading to the main terminal? That’s new if so. 🤷‍♂️

If it was on departure from the main terminal to concourse D, at the train’s last carriage, that’s normal and the tensa barriers are released as soon as PRM have boarded.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 3:36 pm

To slightly digress, if a passport is replaced, does one need to re-register the new passport or do the biometrics still work from the original registration?
Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:13 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Unfortunately you shall have to register again
suley likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 2:07 am

Arrived this morning into DXB and the reps at the Smart Gates were saying it was for residents only, advising tourists/visitors to use the manned counters.

I don't know whether this is just an attempt to divert traffic where previously registered passports still work, or whether something has now been coded differently at the machines.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 2:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Can I just check- there is no automatic Marhaba service for GGL anymore?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 2:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
correct
Old Jun 3, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
correct
Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
Arrived this morning into DXB and the reps at the Smart Gates were saying it was for residents only, advising tourists/visitors to use the manned counters.

I don't know whether this is just an attempt to divert traffic where previously registered passports still work, or whether something has now been coded differently at the machines.
open and worked fine for me on Tuesday, immigration took all of 1 minute - regular lines had hundreds from an India flight and would have taken forever. Glad I used the smart gates.
rjn21 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by diamantaire
Unfortunately you shall have to register again
Hi how do you register passport please? Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dreaming of WT+
Hi how do you register passport please? Thanks
You have to go to an immigration officer and ask them to sign to you for Smart Gates (if it’s still open to non residents).
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by suley
To slightly digress, if a passport is replaced, does one need to re-register the new passport or do the biometrics still work from the original registration?
I flew in last night and the "steerers" were very insistent I should use the egates until I said I hadn't been in to Dubai on this particular passport before. I was then directed to the staffed desks (no queues at all) where there was a bit of too and fro whilst they took and then checked whatever facial scans they took
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
You have to go to an immigration officer and ask them to sign to you for Smart Gates (if it’s still open to non residents).
Ah ok thanks very much.

That's good to know as will be heading back soon, last time passport was new so it didn't work, so I won't try again for smart gates will just go to the desk. I thought it would recognise me this time as I have been before
Old Jun 3, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Marhaba for departures

I’m on the 104 tomorrow and have booked the basic fast track departures service (having never been out of DXB before and heard it can be a long wait for check in security etc) - has anyone done this before - should arrive the usual 2 hours before or can I cut it a bit finer with this service?
In CW With a bag to check in for the full picture!
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tootall33
I’m on the 104 tomorrow and have booked the basic fast track departures service (having never been out of DXB before and heard it can be a long wait for check in security etc) - has anyone done this before - should arrive the usual 2 hours before or can I cut it a bit finer with this service?
In CW With a bag to check in for the full picture!
In my experience, the Dnata Check In's for BA don't open for business until strictly 3hrs before, if not a bit less. So definitely no point in getting there before. I've done the 104 many times and always been through Security in less than 5 minutes. But maybe I was lucky?
Lenis and oceanscape like this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
In my experience, the Dnata Check In's for BA don't open for business until strictly 3hrs before, if not a bit less. So definitely no point in getting there before. I've done the 104 many times and always been through Security in less than 5 minutes. But maybe I was lucky?
Likewise, have done the 104 probably 30 times and security has never once taken me more than 5-10 mins max
Lenis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.