BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott lifetime platinum
Photo taken at DXB back in February, looks like it's 1L

rjn21 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
And just to confirm, the smartgtes also worked perfectly on the way out. If only all countries in the world had such a modern approach to immigration control (looking at you, global entry and the background check/interview charade).

The BA lounge on the other hand... It says something if McDonald's has better seating and coffee than what you get in a First lounge.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Looks like a major loosening of COVID rules comes into force on Weds (28 Sept).

https://whatson.ae/2022/09/no-masks-...ed-in-the-uae/

Amongst other things, masks will no longer be required on flights heading to the UAE. It will be up to individual airlines, so in BA’s case I assume that means no more masks.

One more step back to normality.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Amongst other things, masks will no longer be required on flights heading to the UAE. It will be up to individual airlines, so in BA’s case I assume that means no more masks.
Not just yet. It'll likely be a few days yet before BA's policy changes, perhaps towards the end of the week, there's always been a slight lag from announcement to implementation on BA. As things stand right now, BA does require masks when flying to DXB. Of course, enforcement has been wildly varying depending on the crew operating on the day.

This thread is updated whenever BA updates its website/policy:
List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Similarly, this is the link to BA's website listing the requirement under "Do you need to wear a mask?":
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...irus/steps-123
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
BA107 Delay 26th Sep

Looking for some advice please as I can’t seem to login to expertflyer and I’m getting different reasons for todays delay.

would anybody be so kind as to tell me what the official reason for the delay is to todays ba107 Lhr-Dxb?

so far we’ve been told late arrival of inbound aircraft which was incorrect, operational reasons (but no detail) to just shrugs of shoulders.

thanks in advance for your help.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by xvirginx
…would anybody be so kind as to tell me what the official reason for the delay is to todays ba107 Lhr-Dxb?...
Delay code is shown as ZO, so no real info. With a Scheduled arrival of 23:05, and an actual stand arrival of 02:55, unless there were further delays in opening the door and letting people off, looks like you were just short of the 4 hours needed to trigger the £520 compensation….

DOBA107/26SEP
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 107 -1 MO 26SEP22
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

LHR ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1700
DELAY ZO
LEFT THE GATE 1713
TOOK OFF 1736
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0257 DXB
DXB AIRCRAFT LANDED 0246
ARRIVED 0255
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rjn21
Delay code is shown as ZO, so no real info. With a Scheduled arrival of 23:05, and an actual stand arrival of 02:55, unless there were further delays in opening the door and letting people off, looks like you were just short of the 4 hours needed to trigger the £520 compensation….
Is it not 3 hours delay to trigger compensation?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Is it not 3 hours delay to trigger compensation?
LHR-DXB is 5,505 KM, so as it’s more than 3,500KM, delay compensation of £520 only arises after 4 hours of delay at the destination (doors open and able to disembark), assuming no rerouting was made. That is my understanding, apologies if that’s incorrect.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

Just a shame the flights are so darned expensive for the rest of the year. World Cup proximity I have to assume...
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au

PCR test and Al Hosn app still required for Abu Dhabi public areas though
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
PCR test and Al Hosn app still required for Abu Dhabi public areas though
The Al Hosn app is not required if you have proof of vaccination provided by your home country. The PCR test, however, is still required.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
thanks for looking at this. Appreciate your help, I wasn’t sure if it was 3 or 4 hours but appreciate your help.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:43 am

I was 4 minutes short last month on the same flight. Camera phone ready on doors open to take a time stamped picture, but we were able to exit just in time, so no claim. Getting in at 3am isn’t the most fun.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
[QUOTE=AirbusA350;34632112]Not just yet. It'll likely be a few days yet before BA's policy changes, perhaps towards the end of the week, there's always been a slight lag from announcement to implementation on BA. As things stand right now, BA does require masks when flying to DXB. Of course, enforcement has been wildly varying depending on the crew operating on the day.

This thread is updated whenever BA updates its website/policy:
List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Similarly, this is the link to BA's website listing the requirement under "Do you need to wear a mask?":
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...irus/steps-123[/QUOTE

extract of message from my wife who flew on BA107 today:

- preboarding announcement at LHR to have masks ready as “you will need them in Dubai”
- not a single reference to masks on the plane and no crew and almost no passengers wearing them
- at disembarkation, some crew then put masks on but the turnaround staff were not wearing them and passengers were then informed they are optional within DXB terminal

BA’s policy seems a little behind practical reality
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by xvirginx
thanks for looking at this. Appreciate your help, I wasn’t sure if it was 3 or 4 hours but appreciate your help.
xvirginx - it seems my understanding of long delays was incorrect, and delays over 3 hrs (but less than 4) are in scope for 1/2 rate (£260), subject to extraordinary circumstances. I'm filing various claims for the reduced amount now.

Have a look at posts 2478 on
The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
xvirginx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.