Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Yes I saw that on flight sratus and was commiserating with the ccr staff.( lounge stayed open)
just had a top up of lpgs
Nice to be in f on the a380 ( first a380 f since 2016 from hkg to lhr)

Certainly the ccr staff and ba cabin crew are ba's greatest asset at the moment.

Regards
tbs

2nd top up of lpgs offered and menu order taken
​​taken looks like we are awaiting a few pax from delayed flights ( ie row 1a is empty but was full on seat map and 3pax walked through f and upstairs.

Now issue with number of pax on board and hopefully resolved shortly.. ah last lower deck jetway being pulled back now.

Have a great time and a pleasant Flight. Definitely earnt it today.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:52 am

No PCR Test Requirement (If Vaccinated)

Originally Posted by JezzaG
As mentioned up thread.

Emirates site now updated.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ents/tourists/
Timatic now updated (below, my highlighting) but most travel web sites and the FCO still refer to the 48h PCR test without exception.

Does anyone have some recent first hand experience at BA check in over the last few days or know whether they are still checking for tests at the terminal train in DXB?

Passengers entering Dubai (DXB) or Al Maktoum (DWC) from United Kingdom must have a printed negative COVID-19 PCR or RT-PCR test taken at most 48 hours before departure of the last direct flight to United Arab Emirates. The test certificate must be in Arabic or English and must be issued by an approved laboratory listed on https://screening.purehealth.aeor a laboratory accredited by the departure country. The test certificate must also have a QR code.

This does not apply to first degree family members of nationals of United Arab Emirates, and the domestic workers who are traveling with the sponsor or with the first degree family members of the sponsor.

This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.

This does not apply to passengers with disabilities.

This does not apply to:
- passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with a QR code showing that they were fully vaccinated
with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), Covaxin, Covishield, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac or Sputnik V at least 14 days before departure;
- passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with a QR code showing that they were fully vaccinated with Janssen at least 28 days before departure;
- passengers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate with a QR code issued at most 1 month before departure.

Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Now in the lounge awaiting the ba 104.

Long queues to check in at 0745 even for first class and gold pax.

Fortunately I had checked in on line so able to go to bag drop with only one pax in front.
several pax seemed to be getting slightly annoyed and one was asking for a supervisor . i think a lot of pax could not check in online .

i had separate tickets dxb lhr and lhr edi but to my surprise and delight the chrckin agent said my bags were tagged to Edinburgh
Immigration and security were quick and quiet. Just missed one tram.to d gates and had to wait 5mins for the next one as only 1 tram was working.

Regards

Tbs
I did arrive on the 27th so the test requirement was still in effect although it was a very cursory glance on arrival.

Ps

Ah. Just been called to the desk and given a new boarding pass for 15a main deck as my booked swat of 51k has no power. As it is a daytime flight decided to keep 51k and will read a book and look at the scenery as I prefer the upper deck. For a nighttime or longer flight I would change.

Pps now at lhr . Actually once on board the cabin crew said they had been looking at it and power seemed to be ok and to try it and mention it to them if there were any problems.

After take off the seat reclined and the ife worked fine.
the only issue was that the seat only returned to half way to the take off landing position so mentioned that to the cabin crew after afternoon tea and they manually reset it.
flew over Iraq then turkey just south of the black sea then over Europe

Got a nice view of burj khalifa to the north after take off as we used runway 12 at dxb then turned west looping south of the burj.
tinyburst, gliderpilot and Will100 like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 5, 2022 at 7:58 am
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:58 am

Is there a good definition of "fully vaccinated"?

I'll be flying to DXB with my partner next month and she's double jabbed but hasn't had a booster and it'll be over 6 months since the second jab.

I've had a scour online and can't find any definition of 'fully vaccinated', so am tempted to book her a PCR test additionally just in case. Just trying to confirm if it includes booster or not.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by elbirchos
Is there a good definition of "fully vaccinated"?

I'll be flying to DXB with my partner next month and she's double jabbed but hasn't had a booster and it'll be over 6 months since the second jab.

I've had a scour online and can't find any definition of 'fully vaccinated', so am tempted to book her a PCR test additionally just in case. Just trying to confirm if it includes booster or not.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ents/tourists/
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Has anyone recently tried the (expensive) Al Majlis service at DXB? It seems to be like Premiair at MAN used to be or the very highly priced “Heathrow VIP” service at LHR.

They only refer to T3 at the moment so would seem to be setup for EK. They didn’t reply to my query if they serve T1, concourse D, BA.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by rjn21
Has anyone recently tried the (expensive) Al Majlis service at DXB? It seems to be like Premiair at MAN used to be or the very highly priced “Heathrow VIP” service at LHR.

They only refer to T3 at the moment so would seem to be setup for EK. They didn’t reply to my query if they serve T1, concourse D, BA.
They can do arrivals on BA but can't do departures is my recollection as I think BA won't allow it. They only just reopened it a few months ago and I think the lounge has been renovated but didn't fancy paying what they change when arrivals in DXB is not that complicated, would be tempted to pay it to avoid the dump of a terminal and BA lounge on departure if I were to ever fly BA from DXB again (highly unlikely, frankly).
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:50 am

Hi

My first post, have been a long time lurker but no one yet asked about this so thought I better sign up and ask! Does anyone know why BA have pulled all business and first avios availability from the dxb route, not been a single flight available for the last few days. I had wondered if IT issue but then there has been a lot of demand on the route recently.

Many thanks
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Hoofa
Hi

My first post, have been a long time lurker but no one yet asked about this so thought I better sign up and ask! Does anyone know why BA have pulled all business and first avios availability from the dxb route, not been a single flight available for the last few days. I had wondered if IT issue but then there has been a lot of demand on the route recently.

Many thanks
They normally do this just prior to announcing a sale.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Many thanks, strange it only seems to be only this route that they have pulled and now there seems to be one day with first class availability so wonder if this lack of availability is actually due to demand...
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
It’s been like this for several day, I checked last wed/thu and everything was normal plenty of availability but since Thursday not one seat showing and I check pretty early as I am currently in Dubai and check around 8am which is 5am BST.
im using a new 241 voucher which supposed;y shows increased availability 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:38 am

I suspect it's due to uncertainty around 388 movements. I think they are reluctant to release extra while first, and to a lesser degree, business capacity is still being worked out.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Not sure if this is a new sale, but I just noticed that BA are offering JFK-DXB in F for a base fare of $4,100 return (approximately $5,400 all in). I applied my Chase discount and got JFK-LHR-DXB return with a stopover on the way back for about $5,100 in F.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Blumie
Not sure if this is a new sale, but I just noticed that BA are offering JFK-DXB in F for a base fare of $4,100 return (approximately $5,400 all in). I applied my Chase discount and got JFK-LHR-DXB return with a stopover on the way back for about $5,100 in F.
So I’ve dug a bit deeper and see that BA have filed an I fare on this route with a base fare of $1,800 return, but all of the I inventory is zeroed out. This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe BA are waiting to see how many of us will step up for the A fare (which is much less expensive than any of the J fares currently available) before they open up the I inventory. case, BA filed a great I fare but zeroed out all of the I inventory. Maybe they’ll see how many of us are willing to step up to the A fare (which, as I noted, is cheaper than all of the J fares currently available) and then open up the I inventory.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:55 am

Some very limited business avios availability to Dubai has now returned. Only one day available until Jan 23 when seems to return to normal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.