Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Anyways, I'm wondering about upgrading to WTP or CW. Is there any meal service on the flight since it is a red-eye?
Also, which lounge did you use? I have PP so I can use Marhaba and Ahlan. I'd like to get a shower, worse case, I can goto Sleep 'N Fly too.
There is a full meal service, served fairly quickly after takeoff, on one tray in CW. I used the BA Lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Exsilver
There is a full meal service, served fairly quickly after takeoff, on one tray in CW. I used the BA Lounge.

Hi

I took the ba106 at 0215 dxb lhr in early December
In club world we had a light meal on one tray after take off( I skipped it as we were delayed until around 0400. I had a meal in the Conrad EL between 2000 and 2100 with a light snack ( soup etc ) in the BA lounge prior to Boarding with a full breakfast prior to arrival at heathrow
(at that time the Arrivals lounge was closed due to covid regulations in early december -now reopened)
Regards

Tbs
IAMORGAN likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 5, 2022 at 11:15 am
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by SomersetCyder
i used ExpressTest/Cignpost, living in the West Country their place in Bristol was about the only option available to me that didn’t require going up to Heathrow the night before. They will supply a QR code after they sent back the results. It’s a bit clunky but it worked.

On arrival at DXB the check of the test document was very cursory, they certainly didn’t scan thd QR code.
I dont think they have ever scanned anyone's and even if they did they never said it should be a verification of the results so the QR code could in theory link to Flyer Talk

I am thinking they did it to try get people to do in person test's and verify it was them, i just hope they go back to hours and no QR code as I have a few day 2's i could get rid of.

On another data point, my friend took BA104 yesterday, as usual with the A380's it was late by 2 hours, he commented ground was a mess. On arrival he was expecting to be tested but no the flight was not tested.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by suley
I dont think they have ever scanned anyone's and even if they did they never said it should be a verification of the results so the QR code could in theory link to Flyer Talk

I am thinking they did it to try get people to do in person test's and verify it was them, i just hope they go back to hours and no QR code as I have a few day 2's i could get rid of.

On another data point, my friend took BA104 yesterday, as usual with the A380's it was late by 2 hours, he commented ground was a mess. On arrival he was expecting to be tested but no the flight was not tested.
Hi,
I think other FT'ers have posted that since last week the London flights are no longer selected for pcr testing on arrival at DXB.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by eng3
I'll be taking this flight in a few weeks. Then connecting to UA at T2. Hopefully I the UA app won't fail me again and I'll be able to get a BP and stay airside. No test needed flying to LHR (for vaccinated) right?
Anyways, I'm wondering about upgrading to WTP or CW. Is there any meal service on the flight since it is a red-eye?
Also, which lounge did you use? I have PP so I can use Marhaba and Ahlan. I'd like to get a shower, worse case, I can goto Sleep 'N Fly too.

Yes I find this annoying. I'm going to Abu Dhabi as well so need a test. I shouldn't get tested on arrival but I wish they would. It would save me time and money. I asked the airport if I can pay for a test there and they said they don't offer the service. They build a huge lab that's very fast, yet don't allow people to get tests unless it's mandatory.
Plus once I get the test, I hope it actually works with the app. I've read that "most" places will accept the PCR result, but some places do not. Not sure which places those are. I only plan to visit the mosque, emirates palace, and maybe some place to eat so hopefully it won't be a big deal.
yes frustrating. I guess I will be hunting round in Dubai for a convenient place to get a test done and secretly hoping they do a test on arrival!
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
yes frustrating. I guess I will be hunting round in Dubai for a convenient place to get a test done and secretly hoping they do a test on arrival!
Reading their gov website it looks like you can enter from Dubai showing your pre departure test, assuming I can find somewhere to get tested in Abu Dhabi the day after.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Will100
Reading their gov website it looks like you can enter from Dubai showing your pre departure test, assuming I can find somewhere to get tested in Abu Dhabi the day after.

Individuals without the Al Hosn app can alternatively present proof of full vaccination via either a full vaccination certificate from their home country or by showing full vaccination status in their home country mobile app, as well as a negative PCR test result within the last 14 days if the test was taken in the UAE OR within the last 48 hours if the test was taken in their home country. If the PCR test was taken in their home country, this is valid only for crossing the border from Dubai NOT for entry into any Abu Dhabi attractions or public venues.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Individuals without the Al Hosn app can alternatively present proof of full vaccination via either a full vaccination certificate from their home country or by showing full vaccination status in their home country mobile app, as well as a negative PCR test result within the last 14 days if the test was taken in the UAE OR within the last 48 hours if the test was taken in their home country. If the PCR test was taken in their home country, this is valid only for crossing the border from Dubai NOT for entry into any Abu Dhabi attractions or public venues.
Yeah the test has to be done in UAE unless its within 48hrs.
The fastest result I know of is from the airport otherwise its typically up to 24hrs unless you pay alot extra.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eng3
Yeah the test has to be done in UAE unless its within 48hrs.
The fastest result I know of is from the airport otherwise its typically up to 24hrs unless you pay alot extra.
So flying into Dubai can we get one on landing paid or otherwise?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Depending which country you come in from, you may be tested on arrival. You'd have to check the list since it changes.
Otherwise, there seems to be no way to get a test at the airport. You have to out and buy a test at one of the test sites.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
There are lots of medical facilities which provide reasonably priced PCR tests. Some places have drive-ins. You have to pay more for faster turnaround times. A Google search will bring up lots of locations.

I also heard that Terminal 3 has onsite PCR testing in the departures hall. Not sure if it’s still there.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Arrived into DXB this morning and you were able to get a PCR done free of charge if you wanted one. I think it was meant to be for the expo but seemed open for anyone. Just to the right of the immigration hall near the e gates.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by ceej123
Arrived into DXB this morning and you were able to get a PCR done free of charge if you wanted one. I think it was meant to be for the expo but seemed open for anyone. Just to the right of the immigration hall near the e gates.
Awesome. That’s great news. Fingers crossed that’s the case when I get over. 👍
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Likewise!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:37 pm

Expo testing will last until end of March but if they are being strict at the time I would either say I have a pass but cant find right now and they will more then likely let you test or just buy a expo day pass for £10,if airport location is closed, the expo pass lets you get tested in a number of places for free in order to say your negative but just a reminder its for the unvax'd so just remember if they ask you

Edit: actually you can also buy a etisalat sim and get a free pass https://www.etisalat.ae/en/c/promoti...2020-dubai.jsp so if your going use a local sim, this may be the better option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.