Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by jamesreid978
You will need ayour Al Hosn app to show green to enter Abu Dhabi from Dubai. They reintroduced the border checks last month I think and they are still operating. I see you were given some advice below that you would be OK. You will need to wait for your PCR result and your Al Hosn going green (other prerequisites for this too) before being able to enter Abu Dhabi from Dubai.
This. The border is back on the road between Dubai and Abu Dhabi (and they're doing desert patrols as well). So you'll definitely need your Al Hosn to be green.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:26 am
tor

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
This. The border is back on the road between Dubai and Abu Dhabi (and they're doing desert patrols as well). So you'll definitely need your Al Hosn to be green.
Thank you very much!

Any idea how long this might take? - 24 hours?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Do I need to download any App for DXB entry? Travelling in a couple of days and assume I only need negative RT-PCR test certificate with QR code confirming sample taken <48 hours before departure time. Nothing else, right? Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by oceanscape
Do I need to download any App for DXB entry? Travelling in a couple of days and assume I only need negative RT-PCR test certificate with QR code confirming sample taken <48 hours before departure time. Nothing else, right? Thanks
No app required for Dubai. Your PCR test will be checked on check in, and maybe on arrival.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
Yep, as above, Was in Dubai last week, your PCR will be checked on arrival and you will also be tested at the airport prior to immigration (results will be received within a few hours).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:15 am

Local media is stating that a PCR test within the past 96 hours is sufficient for the border in the absence of Green Pass - this seems to also include the departure PCR for those arriving into DXB, from various accounts of those who have recently entered.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Just to check on this.

the only thing required for Dubai is a PCR? There is no PLF equivalent or anything else to fill In?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by London21
Just to check on this.

the only thing required for Dubai is a PCR? There is no PLF equivalent or anything else to fill In?
We were given a PLF to complete by the cabin crew as we boarded, however on arrival, the Marhaba agent said it wasn't required and sure enough, nobody asked for it.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold

Apologies to OP asking about DXB-AUH transfer. I wasnt aware the border patrol was back!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Wondering for those that have been on BA104 the past few days if there have been heavy loads?
Beergander likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I’ve booked a Collinson rapid PCR test where the results are given within 3 hours because they are one of two suppliers listed on verifly. From the above I gather that these are not sufficient for entry. Is that right? This would certainly be news to me!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I’ve booked a Collinson rapid PCR test where the results are given within 3 hours because they are one of two suppliers listed on verifly. From the above I gather that these are not sufficient for entry. Is that right? This would certainly be news to me!
I think the issue with collinson is that they don't have a QR code on the certificate and the Dubai authorities request this rather than the rapid element of which myself and others on this thread have used to enter the emirate.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Thanks. I’ve booked a Randox one. They seem to do the trick. All the conflicting information is not good. Especially when BA use verifly and the info there is not correct.

Last edited by srbrenna; Jan 19, 2022 at 3:32 pm
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by stargold
Local media is stating that a PCR test within the past 96 hours is sufficient for the border in the absence of Green Pass - this seems to also include the departure PCR for those arriving into DXB, from various accounts of those who have recently entered.
I hope so. Asking you to wait before going to your hotel is a bit much.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Mad boarding today on BA104.. After buggies and children boarded, a ground staff member shouted something off PA, which lead to everyone pushing forward. One member of staff checking boarding passes, so by the time the announcement for group 1 and 2 came over the PA, everyone and their mother had started boarding! You could call it organised chaos…!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.