Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by manchestergold
Hi all, flying to Dubai Friday, will report on how it goes. Basic question, but is there anything I need to prove beyond a PCR? Lots of rumours flying around about local apps to download, and proof of insurance.
Who are you flying with? I assume BA but if it were QR for instance then they do ask for insurance proof.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:24 am

VeriFLY has a tick box to say you have travel insurance. You cannot proceed to get get the green tick without confirmation. Do they check? No. But guess if you did run into issues you’ve effectively lied and the implications that could lead to. IMO you’d be bonkers to travel without insurance anyway. A weeks policy is the Cost of 3 pints in Dubai.
Will100 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Have decided to revisit Dubai for a week at the end of February as visiting the expo before it ends appeals to me( will stay 2 nights at the Rove hotel at the expo then the Conrad).

Decided to go CW. However the overnight flight outbound was a lot cheaper than the day time flight. Then F outbound ( A380 ) was about GBP 300 more than CW so splashed out to try the A380 F again. On the return daytime flight F was about GBP 500 more so will stick with Upper deck CW.

Regards

TBS
NoY, Exsilver, w3andw4d and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:58 am

Just got back on BA106 this morning. At DXB, BA check-in wanted to see the passenger locator form and proof of vaccination but aside from that things were as usual.
At LHR, aside from wearing a mask, everything was also completely normal No extra checks/verification.
In fact, I don't think I spoke to a single person after exiting the plane until I arrived at Paddington on HEX.

I flew out on the A380 and back on the A350..and I gotta say these are nice planes. But on the whole, I'm always going to miss the 747's.

Ground handling on the return was a joke. Lots of "boarding by group number", "deboarding by row number" but in reality...everyone just rushed the doors.
This is also normal if a little annoying. I wish they'd just say "Ready, set, go!"
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:07 am

Incase anyone was considering using Collinson, it now seems they offer a QR code on the certificate which is a true digital cert unlike randox where the QR code is your passport number. Happy Travels
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Sorry. Slightly complicated question. Heading out to DXB on BA towards end of this month. After a day in Dubai will be headed over to Abu Dhabi.

Gather that Abu Dhabi requires a UAE-conducted PCR. If the flight doesn’t get selected for PCR is there still an option to get one or would I need to arrange to pay for one separately to get the green ticks in the Al Hosn app ?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Sorry. Slightly complicated question. Heading out to DXB on BA towards end of this month. After a day in Dubai will be headed over to Abu Dhabi.

Gather that Abu Dhabi requires a UAE-conducted PCR. If the flight doesn’t get selected for PCR is there still an option to get one or would I need to arrange to pay for one separately to get the green ticks in the Al Hosn app ?
How long are you going to Abu Dhabi for? I was there for 3 days in December. If you can show you've had a PCR within a reasonable time frame then just use that electronic/paper certificate for venues as a visitor rather than resident.

e.g. https://saadiyatbeachclub.ae/covid-1...ue-guidelines/

If you're able to sign-up for Al Hosn then go for it, but I had a number of problems and friends who had been just before me advised it was not required.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
How long are you going to Abu Dhabi for? I was there for 3 days in December. If you can show you've had a PCR within a reasonable time frame then just use that electronic/paper certificate for venues as a visitor rather than resident.

e.g. https://saadiyatbeachclub.ae/covid-1...ue-guidelines/

If you're able to sign-up for Al Hosn then go for it, but I had a number of problems and friends who had been just before me advised it was not required.
Just 4 days. I could be wrong but I thought a test is still mandatory.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by gliderpilot

I know some people have been allowed across the border using their passport and pre departure PCR providing it is still within the 96 hours when crossing the border, but equally I know some people have been turned back, very much depends on who you get at the border. Although they have stopped directing UK flights for a PCR at DXB, I would try and ask if you can get one their anyway.. results are fast and will make things easier for crossing to Abu Dhabi.

As a tourist, most places in Abu Dhabi will allow entry if you show passport, pcr result and vaccine certificate if you can’t get alhosn to work.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:26 am

BA0104 delayed by 90 mins this morning due to a fuel pump issue. Sourcing spare part from another airline apparently. Fingers crossed
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Beergander
Fingers crossed…
…. for an extra 90 minutes more?
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by suley
Incase anyone was considering using Collinson, it now seems they offer a QR code on the certificate which is a true digital cert unlike randox where the QR code is your passport number. Happy Travels

i used ExpressTest/Cignpost, living in the West Country their place in Bristol was about the only option available to me that didn’t require going up to Heathrow the night before. They will supply a QR code after they sent back the results. It’s a bit clunky but it worked.

On arrival at DXB the check of the test document was very cursory, they certainly didn’t scan thd QR code.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:00 am

We are flying back in a few weeks time on BA106 which departs at 0210.

Does anyone have any recent experience of what time check in opens. Will it be 2210 or 2310?

Thank you
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Timmy82
We are flying back in a few weeks time on BA106 which departs at 0210.

Does anyone have any recent experience of what time check in opens. Will it be 2210 or 2310?

Thank you
I came back on the 106 which left at 01:35, the check in opened at 10.
Timmy82 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
Just got back on BA106 this morning. At DXB, BA check-in wanted to see the passenger locator form and proof of vaccination but aside from that things were as usual.
At LHR, aside from wearing a mask, everything was also completely normal No extra checks/verification.
In fact, I don't think I spoke to a single person after exiting the plane until I arrived at Paddington on HEX.
Originally Posted by Exsilver
I came back on the 106 which left at 01:35, the check in opened at 10.
I'll be taking this flight in a few weeks. Then connecting to UA at T2. Hopefully I the UA app won't fail me again and I'll be able to get a BP and stay airside. No test needed flying to LHR (for vaccinated) right?
Anyways, I'm wondering about upgrading to WTP or CW. Is there any meal service on the flight since it is a red-eye?
Also, which lounge did you use? I have PP so I can use Marhaba and Ahlan. I'd like to get a shower, worse case, I can goto Sleep 'N Fly too.

Originally Posted by Mgo6
I know some people have been allowed across the border using their passport and pre departure PCR providing it is still within the 96 hours when crossing the border, but equally I know some people have been turned back, very much depends on who you get at the border. Although they have stopped directing UK flights for a PCR at DXB, I would try and ask if you can get one their anyway.. results are fast and will make things easier for crossing to Abu Dhabi.

As a tourist, most places in Abu Dhabi will allow entry if you show passport, pcr result and vaccine certificate if you can’t get alhosn to work.
Yes I find this annoying. I'm going to Abu Dhabi as well so need a test. I shouldn't get tested on arrival but I wish they would. It would save me time and money. I asked the airport if I can pay for a test there and they said they don't offer the service. They build a huge lab that's very fast, yet don't allow people to get tests unless it's mandatory.
Plus once I get the test, I hope it actually works with the app. I've read that "most" places will accept the PCR result, but some places do not. Not sure which places those are. I only plan to visit the mosque, emirates palace, and maybe some place to eat so hopefully it won't be a big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.