Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
As at 07:50 (UAE time) 10 June 2023, E-gates fully operational and no problem in T1 arrivals with a UK passport, previously registered for DXB E-gates. Usual insert passport and look at the camera, same as it has been for years. No separate carriage for Marhaba on the train from concourse D to T1 arrivals.

Last edited by rjn21; Jun 12, 2023 at 1:44 am
Old Jul 15, 2023, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Came in on ba 107 last night. Had to wait 30mins for our gate as there was an aircraft on our stand. Then pushed back then the captain came on and said that " you are not going to belive this but the aircraft that pushed from our stand has had to go back due to a problem".
We got a new gate shortly afterwards.
no queues at immigration as we were directed to the smart gates.

Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 16, 2023 at 2:12 am
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Does anyone know if you need to re-register with the smart gates (ie go to a manned booth) when you change passports?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by crowe
Does anyone know if you need to re-register with the smart gates (ie go to a manned booth) when you change passports?
If you mean new passport with a different number I would say 99.99% likely.
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by BA or bust
If you mean new passport with a different number I would say 99.99% likely.
suspected as much, thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Yes, I would concur with that - I would head straight to a desk. Or book Marhaba if you think the desks will be busy when you arrive. Might be an idea to have your old passport to hand too.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
if you think about it i am not sure how they would know to link your biometrics from your old passport to your new one, so yes i agree you would have to go to a manned desk first time on a new passport and get some biometrics linked to your new passport.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by KARFA
if you think about it i am not sure how they would know to link your biometrics from your old passport to your new one, so yes i agree you would have to go to a manned desk first time on a new passport and get some biometrics linked to your new passport.
I did this about 6 weeks ago. Just booked Marhaba and when I came back out 36 hours later the egates worked fine.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Hi everyone! My parents are booked on BA104 (DXB-LHR) on 18 November. They just received a notification to say that the departure is delayed from 10.00 to 15.30.

I’m guessing that this is a crew issue after today’s flight had a diversion to DOH, but does anyone know if the notification means that the delay is set in stone, or is there a chance it could change back? Also, in this situation, would they still open the check-in as if the flight were departing as normal? Put simply we are weighing up whether they go to the airport on time in case things change, or spend more time at the pool.

thank you so much in advance.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Was this an email/text from BA? What does it say? Usually it will be clear if you can arrive at the airport later or not. If it changes again (unlikely) BA will say so, but it sounds like it is set in stone due to crew rest.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Thank you, KARFA.

It turns out that there was no email/text. On the App it just says that it is delayed until 15.30. There is a link to a timeline, but that says nothing about bag drop (they have already checked in online). In the absence of any further info I am guessing they should go to the airport as normal.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Camber
Hi everyone! My parents are booked on BA104 (DXB-LHR) on 18 November. They just received a notification to say that the departure is delayed from 10.00 to 15.30.

I’m guessing that this is a crew issue after today’s flight had a diversion to DOH, but does anyone know if the notification means that the delay is set in stone, or is there a chance it could change back? Also, in this situation, would they still open the check-in as if the flight were departing as normal? Put simply we are weighing up whether they go to the airport on time in case things change, or spend more time at the pool.

thank you so much in advance.
Just to add, the weather was dreadful today in Dubai with several streets flooded, but you know probably already from your parents.

My EK flight got a decent 6 hour delay but it also took me 3,5 hours to go from JBR to DXB.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Email says checkin open 12-14:30. So secure late checkout and enjoy the sun!

Yikes! The 104 from today departing 3:30am tomorrow. Brutal. How does EU261 work for knock on effects? As the crazy weather would initially make it non eligible presumably? One would think everyone gets hotel rooms as surely counts as a night but then it’s not 24hrs…

3.5hrs to DXB! Relation’s just made it in 30 min this eve in case anyone concerned. Has cleared up fortunately.
Camber likes this.

Last edited by YClass; Nov 17, 2023 at 12:40 pm
Old Nov 17, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Just to add, the weather was dreadful today in Dubai with several streets flooded, but you know probably already from your parents.

My EK flight got a decent 6 hour delay but it also took me 3,5 hours to go from JBR to DXB.
eeeek. Sounds like I got out just in time yesterday on the 108. We were skirting the storms along the Gulf by the looks of it.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Damn now todays 104 also delayed till 3am. BA will cover room costs for hotel and some nominal food charges.

Last edited by YClass; Nov 17, 2023 at 10:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.