Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Arrived in DXB last night with a PCR test, and saw no evidence of anyone with a PCR being asked to take another test.
After getting off the flight where all arrivals mix, there was barriers seperating those with pcr certs and those without. If you had a cert it was checked at the top of the queue and then waved onwards to immigration. if you didnt have a cert you were directed to the testing area. FYI the airport was extremely busy at 00:30am, certainly seemed to be a pre pandemic levels of arrivals.
Arrived 07.40 yesterday BA105.
Waved through. Very quiet. Pcr glanced at. App and UAE form not used. In taxi by 8.00
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I’m seeing all BA inventory on this route zeroed out. Has the route been suspended?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Blumie
I’m seeing all BA inventory on this route zeroed out. Has the route been suspended?
Am still seeing normal fare class availability on EF for the rest of January.

Pilot37
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Am still seeing normal fare class availability on EF for the rest of January.

Pilot37
Very strange. I’ve run multiple searches on EF and see nothing but zeroes. BA are selling seats though.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Very strange. I’ve run multiple searches on EF and see nothing but zeroes. BA are selling seats though.
I think it’s a problem with EF. Most routes are showing as zeroed out with US POS. Change it to the UK and you should get a true idea.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I think it’s a problem with EF. Most routes are showing as zeroed out with US POS. Change it to the UK and you should get a true idea.
Yeah, that worked.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
See also ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread.
Blumie likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
I've had notification that our BA107/BA106 flights in late February have been cancelled, and have been rebooked onto BA105/BA104 on the same dates.
I have my doubts that UAE will be back on the travel corridor by then anyway.

It looks like only BA105/104 will be the only flight to/from Dubai until 15th March.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Got notification that BA107 on the 06/03/2021 has been cancelled too.

I was surprised, I thought the first flight to get cancelled on that booking would be one of the NCL flights.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Has anyone got experience of travelling there with BA in the last few days? I've just been asked to go out there for a client meeting and not hugely keen on being on a packed plane full of 20 somethings on Instamissions.......
oceanscape likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Has anyone got experience of travelling there with BA in the last few days? I've just been asked to go out there for a client meeting and not hugely keen on being on a packed plane full of 20 somethings on Instamissions.......
I haven't flown in the past few days, but in my experience (including fairly recent experiences) as long as you are entitled to turn left rather than right when you enter the aircraft all has been calm and pleasant on this route.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Qatar flights restart on 27th.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
Qatar flights restart on 27th.
Hard to justify flying LHR-DOH-DXB rather than LHR-DXB (says the guy who flew MSY-DFW-LAX-DOH-LHR-DXB to get there).
Old Jan 20, 2021, 9:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hard to justify flying LHR-DOH-DXB rather than LHR-DXB (says the guy who flew MSY-DFW-LAX-DOH-LHR-DXB to get there).
Not if it's 50% of the price! And the QR J product is better than the EK B777 which is being used on some of the UK - DXB routes (IMO).
argonath likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
My friend flew LHR-DXB last week and said J-class seemed to be exclusively 20-something influencers ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.