Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think this additional and recent part of BWC warrants a quick post in case folks aren't aware:

Our flexible booking policy ‘(Book with confidence’ & Flexibility for existing bookings) terms have been updated to allow rebooking of return flights free of charge, should a country change status while customers are mid-journey at their destination.
  • For UK departing customers travelling between 1st July and 30th September to a country which is added to the Amber or Red list while they are at their destination, we will waive any fare difference so they can rebook the return journey to an earlier date if necessary at no additional cost, subject to availability.
  • Rebook into the same class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin.
  • Please note that any fare difference is still applicable when changing destination.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Stormbel
Great to know. I've been trying to find out if my Lloyds Upgrade Voucher would be included and now I know!
Was the booking direct with BA though or was it made via Avios? Avios bookings cannot be FTVd.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Originally Posted by flashware
Was the booking direct with BA though or was it made via Avios? Avios bookings cannot be FTVd.
It was made through Avios as Lloyd's Upgrade Vouchers had to be done like that.
That seems unfair as I had no choice. So if I decide I don't want to go it will cost the cancellation fee and I will lose the voucher? Snookered on all fronts!
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by flashware
I don't understand. What do you mean "was it made via Avios ?". Do you mean that bookings made on BA.com or over the phone with BA and using Avios points can't be turned into an FTV ? Or are you talking about something else? Prior posts here said that bookings using Avios and a 2-4-1 voucher could be turned into a FTV which would extend an expiring 2-4-1 voucher into 2023.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I don't understand. What do you mean "was it made via Avios ?". Do you mean that bookings made on BA.com or over the phone with BA and using Avios points can't be turned into an FTV ? Or are you talking about something else? Prior posts here said that bookings using Avios and a 2-4-1 voucher could be turned into a FTV which would extend an expiring 2-4-1 voucher into 2023.
hopefully, the OP will come back with confirmation. But as I understand it he is referring to Lloyds upgrade voucher and not a 2 for 1 voucher. The Lloyds vouchers can only be used by booking reward flights with the Avios team and not BA.
My experience is that FTV is not available for these type bookings and t and c’s are that you lose voucher if you can cancel and you will be charged the £35 redeposit fee to get your avios back.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue
hopefully, the OP will come back with confirmation. But as I understand it he is referring to Lloyds upgrade voucher and not a 2 for 1 voucher. The Lloyds vouchers can only be used by booking reward flights with the Avios team and not BA.
My experience is that FTV is not available for these type bookings and t and c’s are that you lose voucher if you can cancel and you will be charged the £35 redeposit fee to get your avios back.
I am now totally confused. Where does it say that bookings made by phoning the Avios team because of the Lloyd's Voucher are not eligible for an FTV?
Is the team not part of ba? The very least that I should expect is not to have to pay the fee.
At no stage was I informed about these conditions. When making the booking the only thing that the rep did say was that if the flight was cancelled the voucher would be redated. Nothing relating to me choosing not to go.
There must be somewhere that specifically explains the Ts & Cs.

Last edited by Stormbel; Jul 9, 2021 at 4:12 am
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:06 pm

It was made through Avios as Lloyd's Upgrade Vouchers had to be done like that.
That seems unfair as I had no choice. So if I decide I don't want to go it will cost the cancellation fee and I will lose the voucher? Snookered on all fronts!
I completely agree. Stuck in the same situation. The guy I spoke to when I had to change one of mine was very good though and waved the cancellation fee and let me rebook it to new dates.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Something else, booked via Avios.com (over the phone most likely) with a Lloyds Upgrade Voucher.

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Exactly, although you might get lucky if you get a good agent. I did once, but my new booking also looks shaky so I might have to play agent roulette again.

I am now totally confused. Where does it say that bookings made by phoning the Avios team because of the Lloyd's Voucher are not eligible for an FTV?
Is the team not part of ba? The very least that I should expect is not to have to pay the fee.
At no stage was I informed about these conditions. When making the booking the only thing that the rep did say was that if the flight was cancelled the voucher would be redated. Nothing relating to me choosing not to go.
There must be somewhere that specifically explains the Ts & Cs.
Avios.com != BA.com, they are separate entities. Unfortunately BWC and FTV is a BA concept, not Avios. It's the same as Iberia, Aer Lingus etc., they all have their own way of dealing with things.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 4:37 pm

I tweeted ba specifically asking about an ftv when having to book direct with the Avios.com team and their reply was that it does apply.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I tweeted ba specifically asking about an ftv when having to book direct with the Avios.com team and their reply was that it does apply.
Hopefully it will work for you.
My experience on two occasions was that the Lloyds Voucher would not be available for FTV. Please report back, I’d be keen to know since I still have a booking with 2 vouchers used in it.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:57 am

I wouldn't rely on what BA twitter is telling you. They are probably getting confused and thinking it's an Avios booking via BA (regardless of you saying it's via Avios.com). But if it works for you, then great. I've had no luck multiple times.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:45 am

I phoned Avios and spent an hour with them.
The original outbound flights were ex DUB and the return to BHD so there were two bookings. (This saved lots of charges)
The change I wanted would have come a cropper as the original booking was made in January, so one year from ticketing would have been long before my requested replacement dates in June 2022.
The route to go, so to speak, was cancelling the current October 2021 bookings and making new ones. They agreed to use the Lloyds Upgrade Voucher and not charge a fee.
One of the original dates was Peak, but now was Off Peak, so saving Avios but the return flight charges had increased by £80, that nicely balanced everything out.
Very happy with the Operator's time, patience and advice and what was achieved was better than I could have wished for.
zanderblue likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Anyone have any ideas about this?

My daughter and her friend booked flights to Portugal when it was green listed. Out to Porto and in from Lisbon, with outbound and inbound each under separate booking references.

BA then cancelled the outbound flights to Porto and issued cash refunds. But online options for the inbound flights are limited to FTVs.

What are the chances of getting a cash refund for the inbound flights if they can speak to someone on the phone?

TIA
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Unless it is a BA holidays booking, your chances are pretty much zero and it would be treated as a voluntary cancellation. I think getting an FTV for the separate return flights is your best option here.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Greg66
Anyone have any ideas about this?

My daughter and her friend booked flights to Portugal when it was green listed. Out to Porto and in from Lisbon, with outbound and inbound each under separate booking references.

BA then cancelled the outbound flights to Porto and issued cash refunds. But online options for the inbound flights are limited to FTVs.

What are the chances of getting a cash refund for the inbound flights if they can speak to someone on the phone?

TIA
I am sorry but they wouldn't like the answer but the probability of getting a cash refund for the inbound flights are close to zero.
When purchasing a separate ticket, they would have two separate contracts which are not related to each other. Unless the LIS-LHR flight has a significant schedule change, cancellation, etc... the situation wouldn't be counted as involuntary.

Rather than purchasing two separate tickets at the first point, they should have bought a multi-city ticket so they could be protected on both legs.

However, if the flight is not within the next 3 days, I would suggest them to wait as getting a FTV at the moment and getting one closer to the flight has no difference unless they are planning to use them on another ticket. Their LIS-LHR flight might eventually get cancelled closer to departure but that is not a guarantee.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:37 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
What happens if you request a FTV/eVoucher for booking made with travel agent (Amex Travel to be precise).
Do I get it, or does it go back to the TA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.