Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
If I book my ticket as separate legs in order to take advantage of lower no bag fares and only the second leg is cancelled due to no flights..it is currently being sold of course, am I able to cancel both legs or am I stuck with the leg that does fly subject to using the Book With Confidence options?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by testycal
If I book my ticket as separate legs in order to take advantage of lower no bag fares and only the second leg is cancelled due to no flights..it is currently being sold of course, am I able to cancel both legs or am I stuck with the leg that does fly subject to using the Book With Confidence options?
you can only cancel and do a full refund for the booking containing a cancelled flight.

for any bookings not having any cancelled flights you will need to rely on BWC/FTV if the travel dates put the booking within scope of them.
testycal and Anonba like this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Will100
Am I right is thinking I must either cancel or move the dates a minimum of 3 weeks before? This is assuming they do not change the flights (this has already happened once).

If I move the dates can I retain the upgraded cabin?
Generally you need 3 weeks notice yes, but as ever the specifics matter. If it is a BAH before 12 February then BAH are likely to cancel anyway, just to give one example. Again, depending on the specifics, if it is an entirely voluntary move then you will need Avios redemption availability on the new dates, and there may be some changes to fees and taxes.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hello

I have a booking that is covered by the Book With Confidence policy to travel at the end of this month. The flights have been cancelled, so I now have the option for a FTV, a refund or to move the flights to a future date without having to pay any fees or fare difference.

If I move the flights to November, does anyone know if they would still come under the BWC Policy?

I understand that if I had asked for an FTV and then made a new booking for November it wound not be, but as this would still be the original booking with the dates moved I’m not sure.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Vasto1M
Hello

I have a booking that is covered by the Book With Confidence policy to travel at the end of this month. The flights have been cancelled, so I now have the option for a FTV, a refund or to move the flights to a future date without having to pay any fees or fare difference.

If I move the flights to November, does anyone know if they would still come under the BWC Policy?

I understand that if I had asked for an FTV and then made a new booking for November it wound not be, but as this would still be the original booking with the dates moved I’m not sure.
Anything after Aug 21 means normal fare rules apply.
Vasto1M likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:26 am

Value of part-used FTV

Hello! Maybe someone can help. I'm trying to figure out how much currency is left in a FTV. I had a booking EDI-LHR-PSA return which I had to cancel. I received a FTV for it (not an e-Voucher). With the FTV I then booked EDI-LHR return, but I suspect that FTV still has some value in it. Is there a way to check that? Do I need to call BA? When I made the new booking, I did not receive a second email with a new FTV number for the non-used value of the booking.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Hello! Maybe someone can help. I'm trying to figure out how much currency is left in a FTV. I had a booking EDI-LHR-PSA return which I had to cancel. I received a FTV for it (not an e-Voucher). With the FTV I then booked EDI-LHR return, but I suspect that FTV still has some value in it. Is there a way to check that? Do I need to call BA? When I made the new booking, I did not receive a second email with a new FTV number for the non-used value of the booking.
You can find out the original FTV amount by looking at the original e-ticket that you booked initially, and the value is mentioned at the bottom. Add in any POUGs, flight changes (other than change fees), seating, baggage fees, though the latter are separately calculated. For POUGs you would get a second e-ticket to add to the first. Then subtract the new EDI-LHR amount, and this is the amount left. If the difference is small (£20 I think) then it will be refunded to you. If it was Avios then you should get all the residual back.
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can find out the original FTV amount by looking at the original e-ticket that you booked initially, and the value is mentioned at the bottom. Add in any POUGs, flight changes (other than change fees), seating, baggage fees, though the latter are separately calculated. For POUGs you would get a second e-ticket to add to the first. Then subtract the new EDI-LHR amount, and this is the amount left. If the difference is small (£20 I think) then it will be refunded to you. If it was Avios then you should get all the residual back.
Thanks, c-w-s, however I don't know the EDI-LHR amount. It was all done over the phone, and I've also had to change the inbound segment repeatedly (canceled flights and changed plans), as well as being asked to pay for one of the changes, but not for the latest change I've made. I've dropped a message on Twitter hoping that they'll answer, otherwise I might ring them in the coming week. My head hurts trying to figure out how much BA owes me, if anything at all.

Thanks for explaining the general procedure, though.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hello. Looking to book a return to the US out at the end of August and back at the start of September for a wedding . Apologies if this is a stupid question but i'm trying to get my head around the terminology on the BA website around the BWC policy. Am I correct to understand that as it stands, this booking wouldn't be covered by the 'BWC' policy as the inbound is after the August cut off? Just weighing up options of a very appealing CW fare to Denver vs. the wedding being cancelled or being unable to travel. Thank you FT Team as always for your wisdom
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Correct. BWC/FTV is currently only available for new bookings where travel is completed (both outbound and inbound) by 31st August 2021. That date has been extended is the past, and may be extended beyond August in the future. I would imagine further extensions appear increasingly likely, but not guaranteed, so don't book assuming it definitely will be.
IslingtonFlyer likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Jan 12, 2021 at 10:04 am
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Correct. BWC/FTV is currently only available for new bookings where travel is completed (both outbound and inbound) by 31st August 2021. That date has been extended is the past, and may be extended beyond August in the future. I would imagine further extensions appear increasingly likely, but not guaranteed, so don't book assuming it definitely will be.
If lots of pax are in the ‘don’t book yet’ camp, I suspect we will see an extension to encourage people to part with their cash!
gcuk, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
QQ on the current Evouchers........

I'm looking at booking a trip for 6 of us for August. I understand if booked before Feb 21st and last sector is within 31st Aug we can apply for a voucher just because we want to....that's all good.

I've got a set of then 'original' FTVs I'm working through. On the new/current vouchers is it still 1 voucher per PX that can only be used by that PX or are you getting what equates to a gift voucher for the full value to be used however?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Apologies if this is already answered somewhere, but I assume if you use a FTV, you can cancel to get another FTV should you choose not to go?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
Apologies if this is already answered somewhere, but I assume if you use a FTV, you can cancel to get another FTV should you choose not to go?
Yes, but be wary of "maybe" bookings, at some point you will run out of bandwidth.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I've got a set of then 'original' FTVs I'm working through. On the new/current vouchers is it still 1 voucher per PX that can only be used by that PX or are you getting what equates to a gift voucher for the full value to be used however?
As I understand it, it is one FTV per person, and the FTV has to be in the same name as the person on the original flight and the same person on the rebooked flight. That's for Flight Only bookings, BAH is a bit more complex. There is a mega voucher option for getting the FTV if it was originally a group of travellers. Occasionally we get asked this, but to the best of my recollection no-one has yet clearly stated that they have used multiple FTVs on one new Flight Only booking.

[However for eVouchers there can be 4 to a booking maximum].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.