Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No it's not been asked before!

This is a glitch, you've ended up on some old screens that give you unupdated information. You should be under the scope with BWC on this, and what isn't new is that plenty of UUA cases are iout there where BWC had to be invoked. The only thing I would do is make sure you do some sums to ensure that you are not paying over the odds. The Avios amount is probably correct, but double check that. Then on the taxes, fees and charges, make sure that this is no more than the TFC for a CW dummy booking. It's more of a problem with WT to WTP bookings but the old screens sometimes give the wrong figures. If you prefer, just make the WTP booking online and then within 24 hours ring up to amend it with the UuA via an agent, there is no service fee on that and the agent will be pleased not to be dealing with yet another cancellation.
That's really helpful on both counts (and quick)! Thanks so much.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Can anyone help with some advice here?

I booked a Cash + part pay with Avios LHR-TFS-LHR in CE on 18/11/2020. Outbound was 10/12, inbound is supposed to be 13/12.

After the FCO advice changed I decided to fly home early yesterday (11th). Changing the date was mega-expensive so I just bought a new cash one way in ET.

So now I have an un-used inbound TFS-LHR BA2703 on 13/12/2020 and am wondering what to do about it.

I know I can change the date to some point in the future where the fare difference is minimal, but what isn't clear to me is if I can claim a future travel voucher, and how the value of the voucher will be calculated. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I apply for an FTV anyway?

Or is my best option waiting until the last minute in case my flight is cancelled, then if it isn't pushing the flight out to an arbitrary date in the future and hoping I can make plans around that date / claim an FTV later?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 9:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
I know I can change the date to some point in the future where the fare difference is minimal, but what isn't clear to me is if I can claim a future travel voucher, and how the value of the voucher will be calculated. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I apply for an FTV anyway?
If you are definitely going to fly again on this route, and are reasonably sure about the dates, then moving to the new date and adding another single in would be the most efficient option, particularly if that date was some way off. Otherwise an FTV will be the most flexible option and calculaed as an Involuntary Refund basis. You would lose the Avios, but the amount would be based on your original fare before part pay. You would perhaps expect to see 40% of that original fare, as a guess, the details would depend on the ticketing. It may take a while for the FTV to be calculated, this is a complex FTV due to the circumstances. So it may take 6 weeks or so before you can use the FTV. I think you can apply for this online, but I wouldn't leave it too late in case you have to call to do this.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 3:00 pm

If you are definitely going to fly again on this route, and are reasonably sure about the dates, then moving to the new date and adding another single in would be the most efficient option, particularly if that date was some way off. Otherwise an FTV will be the most flexible option and calculaed as an Involuntary Refund basis. You would lose the Avios, but the amount would be based on your original fare before part pay. You would perhaps expect to see 40% of that original fare, as a guess, the details would depend on the ticketing. It may take a while for the FTV to be calculated, this is a complex FTV due to the circumstances. So it may take 6 weeks or so before you can use the FTV. I think you can apply for this online, but I wouldn't leave it too late in case you have to call to do this.
OK having looked into changing it online, it seems that I can only change it to a TFS-MAD-LHR if I want to push it into late 2021 - it isn't showing up any direct TFS-LGW options. Do you think this can be fixed on the phone?

I don't want to risk early 2021 (direct TFS-LHR) because I have low confidence of being able to get the time off work to travel then.

Otherwise I guess it's a FTV...
Old Dec 12, 2020, 4:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
OK having looked into changing it online, it seems that I can only change it to a TFS-MAD-LHR if I want to push it into late 2021 - it isn't showing up any direct TFS-LGW options. Do you think this can be fixed on the phone?
Yes. If you ca do a dummy booking on BA.com then you should be able to move it to the same dates by calling uo, MMB won't show all options. If your flight isn't cancelled there maybe a fare differnce to pay.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 7:15 am

Thanks for the advice everyone. In the end I called in, asked the agent to confirm I could get an FTV for a part-flown itinerary, FTV issued immediately but the confirmation email doesn't state the value of the FTV just a voucher code. I guess this will have to do...

Booking Reference: XXXXXX

Dear Mr XXXXXX,

Your future travel voucher is here. Thank you for your patience while we processed your application.

Voucher code(s)
125-XXXXXXXXXX

As you have started your journey, you can use this voucher towards completing your existing booking, or use it to pay or part-pay for a new booking. Note that we have cancelled all future flights from your existing booking so you will have to rebook these if you wish to travel on them. Your voucher has the unused value from your previous ticket(s).

Flights or holidays booked using your voucher must be completed by 30 April 2022.

How to use your voucher
Once you are ready to redeem your voucher, simply call us to book a new flight or holiday, at which time we will also confirm the remaining value on your voucher.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 7:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes that’s typical for either a part flown booking, or a booking which is complex or had previous changes. They are all issued as an offline FTV which doesn’t show a value and which you need to call to use.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Hi

Sorry if this Q has been asked\answered in the other 40 pages but to many for me to scroll through

With regards to BWC
  1. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price (applies to bookings made from 11 June for journeys that are due to have been completed by 30 August 2021).
If I book a trip today-with Cash- for travel in June 2021 and then have to change the trip, how far forward can the changed dates be?

Limited to 355 from the start of the trip or from when I booked?

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by blindman

Limited to 355 from the start of the trip or from when I booked?
If your flight isn't cancelled by BA, then you can apply for an FTV which lasts until April 2022, all travel completed by the end of April 2022. However this current booking has to be booked so that the trip ends before the end of August 2021 as things stand. If you keep it at June for now, as you are proposing, but apply for an FTV that would allow you to move it for the fare difference until April 2022.

Proceed wih caution - are you completely sure you can travel in June 2021? If it's London to Frankfurt then that's probably going to work. If it's London to Sydney it almost certainly will not work.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:49 am

If your flight isn't cancelled by BA, then you can apply for an FTV which lasts until April 2022, all travel completed by the end of April 2022. However this current booking has to be booked so that the trip ends before the end of August 2021 as things stand. If you keep it at June for now, as you are proposing, but apply for an FTV that would allow you to move it for the fare difference until April 2022.

Proceed wih caution - are you completely sure you can travel in June 2021? If it's London to Frankfurt then that's probably going to work. If it's London to Sydney it almost certainly will not work.
Thanks for the reply.

I understand how the FTV works, but that is for a cancellation surely?
THE FTV is of no use to me as if my plans get cancelled in June 2021 I want to travel back to the same place in June 2022.

I'm trying to hedge my bets that travel to Canada will be OK in June 21 and if not I can change the dates of travel to June 2022.

If the 355 time starts from booking date then it will not work for me, hence why I need clarifiaction of how far forward I can change the ticket under the BWC

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:17 am

Thanks for the reply.

I understand how the FTV works, but that is for a cancellation surely?
No it is the other way around. FTV is when the flight operates (and BA is flying to Canada) but you can't be on the service, perhaps due to travel restrictions or an outbreak where you live. Being able to move your flight is when there is a cancellation.

On the other hand if the flight is cancelled by BA then you can have a free move, for one year from ticket issue. So if you buy today, then the flight is cancelled by BA in say January, you can move the flight free of charge, so long as there are seats in the cabin, to similar flights to the same place, up to 18 December 2021. So what you want, flexibility to June 2022 is not possible, not even with an FTV as it happens. Unless you are pretty certain to travel, or can at least use the FTV, then you best hold off, rather than making a maybe booking.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:35 am

No it is the other way around. FTV is when the flight operates (and BA is flying to Canada) but you can't be on the service, perhaps due to travel restrictions or an outbreak where you live. Being able to move your flight is when there is a cancellation.

On the other hand if the flight is cancelled by BA then you can have a free move, for one year from ticket issue. So if you buy today, then the flight is cancelled by BA in say January, you can move the flight free of charge, so long as there are seats in the cabin, to similar flights to the same place, up to 18 December 2021. So what you want, flexibility to June 2022 is not possible, not even with an FTV as it happens. Unless you are pretty certain to travel, or can at least use the FTV, then you best hold off, rather than making a maybe booking.
Thanks for the quick reply:-

Not sure I agree with you re the Changing the ticket
Nowhere does it say that the change is because of BA cancelling the flight. Applies to bookings made prior to 3 March 2020 for travel due to have started by 28 February 2021 and bookings made from 3 March onwards for travel due to be completed by 31 August 2021.

2. Booked direct via our contact centres, ba.com or trade outlets.

3. Excluding franchise airline Sun-Air

4. Bookings made on BA tickets only

5. Date changes must be made, or vouchers requested before check-in closes

6. Any fare difference between existing booking and new booking must be paid for

7. Once the voucher request has been submitted, the voucher will be non-refundable and can only be used for future bookings

8. Voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a future booking. The new trip booked using a voucher must be fully completed by 30 April 2022 (departure and return).

However if it is from Booking date then I will hold off.

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:52 am

Just to double check, there's no way to get BA to convert an FTV into an e-voucher right? I hate calling up.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:08 am

8. Voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a future booking. The new trip booked using a voucher must be fully completed by 30 April 2022 (departure and return).
These are the restrictions for FTVs, so you don't need a cancellation for these, effectively it turns a booking to a voucher so you don't lose money, it can be used on your next flight. But that is different from the option of moving the flight for free, that is only for cancellations by BA.

There are also no change fees at the moment. So the other option is to move a June 2021 flight to another date and if there is no extra fare to pay, it could too be free, or only have a small cost difference. But tickets are only valid for 12 months from the date of issue, so that doesn't currently help your plan to buy now.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by James91
Just to double check, there's no way to get BA to convert an FTV into an e-voucher right? I hate calling up.
It depends on the FTV, BA have converted some FTVs to eVouchers. But if your booking was with Avios or complicated / amended commercial booking then it can't happen. BAH FTVs can be done by email.
James91 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.