Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And if you cancel close to check-in closure time, don't be surprised if you don't get your voucher confirmation email before the flight departs. Most of mine have come through within 15 minutes, sometimes faster. But one didn't arrive until a number of hours after the flight had departed.

One other thing about cancelling close to departure time: What if you get an email saying that your voucher application has been unsuccessful? I got one of those when cancelling about an hour before check-in closed, and I wasn't pleased. Fortunately, I knew that the answer was wrong, I worked out something that I might have done wrong, and an immediate second application succeeded. But it was a bit more stress than I would have liked.
Thanks all. Obviously I want the, now booked at a very reasonable price, trip to Athens to go ahead.

Nice, however, to have the flexibility.

I have booked a hotel separately on equally flexible terms as BA Holidays seemed to make things trickier last time.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Will100
Thanks all. Obviously I want the, now booked at a very reasonable price, trip to Athens to go ahead.

Nice, however, to have the flexibility.

I have booked a hotel separately on equally flexible terms as BA Holidays seemed to make things trickier last time.
No sooner than I posted that it looks like Greece is coming off the list.....
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:19 am

Can I check how flexible the current policy is? Take this example:

I buy two tickets just now, worth £600 total, for two tickets for person A and B. I then can't travel.

I now have £600 as a voucher.

I want to use that for a relative, person C, on one ticket.

Can I use that voucher £600 (for person A and B) to book a ticket for a single person (person C)? Keeping in mind of course that it is all booked by and credit card all from person A.

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Can I check how flexible the current policy is? Take this example:

I buy two tickets just now, worth £600 total, for two tickets for person A and B. I then can't travel.
If you end up with FTVs, as opposed to eVouchers, then you will end up with FTV1 and FTV2, both worth £300 and usable only by person A and B only, to a value of £300 each. If A and B travel on the same booking, both FTVs can be used. If you end up with an eVoucher then you can use it for anyone, so long as you have both the eVoucher information and the correct name of the new traveller.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you end up with FTVs, as opposed to eVouchers, then you will end up with FTV1 and FTV2, both worth £300 and usable only by person A and B only, to a value of £300 each. If A and B travel on the same booking, both FTVs can be used. If you end up with an eVoucher then you can use it for anyone, so long as you have both the eVoucher information and the correct name of the new traveller.
What determines if it is a FTV or eVoucher? This would be a simple cash booking booked on the BA website, no avios, paid with one credit card all on one booking. In this scenario, would you only get one eVoucher to use anywhere?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What determines if it is a FTV or eVoucher? This would be a simple cash booking booked on the BA website, no avios, paid with one credit card all on one booking. In this scenario, would you only get one eVoucher to use anywhere?
Usually yes, but the formal entitlement is to a FTV, so if BA gives you a FTV then you can't complain.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Usually yes, but the formal entitlement is to a FTV, so if BA gives you a FTV then you can't complain.
Ah right. Is there any way to put in the request for the voucher (online? phone?) to try to ensure it is a eVoucher?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Ah right. Is there any way to put in the request for the voucher (online? phone?) to try to ensure it is a eVoucher?
No. You request a voucher as normal. There isn't a way of forcing an evoucher. As cws noted, you should get an evoucher but this isn't guararnteed.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:03 pm

Usually if the ticket has been reissued or not determines it.

If it has you will be unable to have a megavoucher.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Another point of reminder to add: Booked a ticket on the 2nd of Oct for travel in Sept 2021 (current fare from the LUX thread), and saw that it became cheaper over the weekend. Tried to call to rebook/change destination, but was told since travel is in Sept 2021, I will have to pay a change fee and no voucher option either as it is not covered within the "Book with Confidence" policy. Can't cancel too as it is a non-refundable fare.
Just a warning to those that missed this other condition of the travel date.

Cheers!
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Another point of reminder to add: Booked a ticket on the 2nd of Oct for travel in Sept 2021 (current fare from the LUX thread), and saw that it became cheaper over the weekend. Tried to call to rebook/change destination, but was told since travel is in Sept 2021, I will have to pay a change fee and no voucher option either as it is not covered within the "Book with Confidence" policy. Can't cancel too as it is a non-refundable fare.
Just a warning to those that missed this other condition of the travel date.

Cheers!
Yes, BWC covers for travel up to 31/8/2021 currently.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...st-information
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes some details and rates in this thread British Airways offering Avios as a refund option ?
A caveat for the Avios route to be successful:
- the flight has to be cancelled By BA
- part-flown itineraries do not qualify
- payment currencies other than GBP do not qualify
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: Excecutive Club Bronze
Originally Posted by boxlion
I applied for a FTV voucher today for a holiday booking (getting my deposit back). I want to book the new trip asap to not lose the good price that I found. Can I book it now (and pay a deposit with card) then wait for the voucher and apply it for a part payment on the new full balance? Or do I have to wait until the actual voucher code? I got a confirmation that they received my request, that's all and that it might take up to 7 days for the actual voucher.

I really don't want to mess this up am trying to save money here.
I'm just posting the result, in case anybody else needs the info. I applied for the voucher online, then booked a new holiday, at a better price, a few hours later. 2 days later I got an email från BA Holidays that I have a credit of the deposit money from the first trip. No codes etc, just to reply to that email when I have a new booking. I did that and 2 days later got the email back that they used the money towards my balance on the new holiday.
End result, I'm very happy, it was smooth. No need to call and sit on hold, just emails. Plus I got a cheaper holiday Now crossing all my fingers the flights won't be canceled.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Hello, I used a FTV to make a 'new' booking Sunday. The chap said that it would be passed to another team for the e-ticket to be issued. Wondering if anyone knows roughly how long this might take. Was hoping it would give me the option of a POUG, but possibly not until it is ticketed.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Vasto1M
Hello, I used a FTV to make a 'new' booking Sunday. The chap said that it would be passed to another team for the e-ticket to be issued. Wondering if anyone knows roughly how long this might take. Was hoping it would give me the option of a POUG, but possibly not until it is ticketed.
Manually issued tickets tend not to get POUGs. Ticketing is done be priority order, according to travel date. So if your travel is sometime off, then you may be waiting weeks / months for reticketing. If you remain unticketed 2 days before travel then you should call up at that point to expedite it before OLCI opens. But if you call before then the agents are told to advise you that it will be done 72 hours before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.