Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't see you have misread it, unless you have done a voluntary change to the booking since 8 June. I suggest you try again and ask why BWC wouldn't apply. Is it worth trying the online form and seeing if that produces a FTV?

I assume this isn't a BAH booking btw?
Thanks Karfa - correct, this flight not part of a BAH and definitely no changes since June 8th! I’ll call them again tomorrow - it’s gone to the fares dept for them to calculate the amount of refund (if any) due so I can chat to them then. The agent didn’t seem too clued up on things.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:01 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Flying to prague this morning but one of our group now can’t make it as has tested positive since checking in yesterday.

Am I right in thinking we can still split this passenger out of the booking at request a FTV for their portion?

if so, what’s the best way to do this? At LHR? Checkin? Lounge guest services?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Just one more thing, as again I can't seem to find the information anywhere - the booking for my brother and nephews has around £650 of seat reservation fees already paid on top of the deposit (exit row seats in both directions). If I request a voucher do the seat reservation fees get lumped in with the deposit amount for use against against a future booking, or are they ring-fenced somehow?
To update on this, the seat reservation fees were refunded in cash to my credit card. On receipt of the deposit voucher I was invited to apply separately for the seat reservation fees. Took about 2 weeks to hit my card.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by A13
Flying to prague this morning but one of our group now can’t make it as has tested positive since checking in yesterday.

Am I right in thinking we can still split this passenger out of the booking at request a FTV for their portion?

if so, what’s the best way to do this? At LHR? Checkin? Lounge guest services?
yes as long as the booking was made on or before 7 June. You will have to call to split it, then request an FTV for the person not traveling.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:04 am

Hypothetical scenario - keen to get everyone's thoughts...

I've got a booking MAN>LHR>JFK for November 2nd 2022, so as it stands is not covered by BWC for a voucher. However, if I was to change the dates via MMB/Calling Up to a pre-Sept 30th date, pay any difference in fare, and THEN cancel & claim - would it be eligible for a voucher?

Long story short, I booked flights with a now-ex SO, so it seems like this would be my only hope of salvaging the booking. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Book with confidence ended earlier this month, so the answer is probably no, sorry.

Completely off-topic: Your only chance is offering your second ticket to someone with the same name. There was a story like that a while back.
nicktheory likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by nicktheory

I've got a booking MAN>LHR>JFK for November 2nd 2022, so as it stands is not covered by BWC for a voucher. However, if I was to change the dates via MMB/Calling Up to a pre-Sept 30th date, pay any difference in fare, and THEN cancel & claim - would it be eligible for a voucher?

Long story short, I booked flights with a now-ex SO, so it seems like this would be my only hope of salvaging the booking. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?
No. Nothing you do to your booking will make it eligible for BWC.
nicktheory likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nicktheory

No. Nothing you do to your booking will make it eligible for BWC.
Flights do get cancelled. Between now and November it's entirely possible that BA will cancel either your MAN-LHR flight or your LHR-JFK flight. (or their respective returns) If that happens you are eligible for a full refund...
nicktheory likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:17 am

Hi everyone - sorry if this has already been answered but this is a long thread and I have an urgent problem that requires me to understand the book with confidence policy.

I have an itinerary that falls under the policy (booked at BA.com back in February for flights in July).

I’d like to change dates/cities, and understand that no fee applies but a fare difference might. Is the fare difference calculated as though I were buying a new flight today? Advance purchase requirements would make any new choice of mine much more expensive, but then again I bought my flights months ago.

Also, I read somewhere that they are allowing refunds instead of vouchers now, but not sure if that’s true and how to execute that.

Thank you for your help.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Schultzois
Hi everyone - sorry if this has already been answered but this is a long thread and I have an urgent problem that requires me to understand the book with confidence policy.

I have an itinerary that falls under the policy (booked at BA.com back in February for flights in July).

I’d like to change dates/cities, and understand that no fee applies but a fare difference might. Is the fare difference calculated as though I were buying a new flight today? Advance purchase requirements would make any new choice of mine much more expensive, but then again I bought my flights months ago.

Also, I read somewhere that they are allowing refunds instead of vouchers now, but not sure if that’s true and how to execute that.

Thank you for your help.
So yes you would pay the difference between what you originally paid, and what the fare is today for the flights you want to book.

You can still get a FTV. Just fill in the form here https://www.britishairways.com/trave...&wfpId=covidn/
Schultzois likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:33 am

Thanks. One other question (I’m afraid I already know the answer).

For passengers affected by industrial action of other carriers and made unable to reach their point of origin, is there any consideration given?

Short story long, I’m in ARN and have a flight to NCE, then BA flights from NCE to PHL. If SK strikes, it’s almost impossible I would be able to get to NCE. Any way I’d be able to get a later/alternate flight because of that, or am I stuck only taking a voucher?

EDIT - BA also previously cancelled flights in the booking and allowed changes without repricing. Is that one-time only, or could I try to make another change?

Last edited by Schultzois; Jun 28, 2022 at 3:39 am
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Schultzois
Thanks. One other question (I’m afraid I already know the answer).

For passengers affected by industrial action of other carriers and made unable to reach their point of origin, is there any consideration given?

Short story long, I’m in ARN and have a flight to NCE, then BA flights from NCE to PHL. If SK strikes, it’s almost impossible I would be able to get to NCE. Any way I’d be able to get a later/alternate flight because of that, or am I stuck only taking a voucher?

EDIT - BA also previously cancelled flights in the booking and allowed changes without repricing. Is that one-time only, or could I try to make another change?
if this is two separate bookings, and SK strikes, then there is absolutely no obligation for BA to move you for free due to another carrier's strike. you can change under BWC or take a voucher if your booking is eligible for BWC.

if you have already made your free change to your BA booking after a cancellation then any further changes are as per fare rules, unless you get another cancellation or significant time change.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i have an itin LHR-JFK-SFO and the AA portion was cancelled and re-booked automatically. flight is in september, but more generally if i needed to cancel due to passport delays...would i be entitled to the refund if the only cancellation on the itin was just the AA domestic leg? BA ticket...

never had to deal with this possibility before and id just accept, but given HMs passport delays...just thinking of contingencies.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
i have an itin LHR-JFK-SFO and the AA portion was cancelled and re-booked automatically. flight is in september, but more generally if i needed to cancel due to passport delays...would i be entitled to the refund if the only cancellation on the itin was just the AA domestic leg? BA ticket...

never had to deal with this possibility before and id just accept, but given HMs passport delays...just thinking of contingencies.
if any flight in your booking is cancelled then yes you can get a full refund of the whole booking. don't confirm anything if you have already had a cancellation to leave your options open. once you confirm a new flight to replace the cancelled one, then your back to fare rules.
Schultzois likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:17 am

So yes you would pay the difference between what you originally paid, and what the fare is today for the flights you want to book.

You can still get a FTV. Just fill in the form here https://www.britishairways.com/trave...&wfpId=covidn/
Just to double check that I understand BWC correctly…
I bought original ticket in February on BA.com. BA cancelled one segment twice, and I accepted free changes twice (the last time a week or so ago). The fact that I accepted a change after June 8 due to a cancellation shouldn’t change what is considered the “booking date” should it? Original purchase was February and was never re-priced. Also, original booking was only BA flight numbers but had legs operated by American. In the second free change, I accepted a change to Iberia for the return.

Am I correct in assuming that neither of these affect that the ticket was bought under BWC?

Thanks. I’m praying SK doesn’t strike or cancel my flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.