Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 6:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmogdan
It's a cash booking, has not been changed at all.

The eVoucher can be used by anyone, OR anyone on the booking?
for an evoucher it is anyone, doesn't have to be someone on the booking.
mmogdan likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
for an evoucher it is anyone, doesn't have to be someone on the booking.
Flyertalk always has the answer.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
yes so you can request an FTV after you have flown the outbound flight but before you are due to take the inbound flights. you would get an offline FTV with no value shown in the email. you would have to call to use the ftv, and once they held the new flights they would send it off for a manual calculation of the FTV value to complete the new booking.

there isn't any repricing as a one way in terms of determining value, so there is no point looking at one way fares. basically, assuming the fare/selling classes were the same for your outbound and inbound flights, it is likely the value of your FTV for the inbound flights will be around 40-50% of what you originally paid.
Any idea if this is still the case? With FTVs correctly being treated as a pain for both BA and customer, it would be nice to get a normal e-voucher in situations such as this...
Old May 30, 2022, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Any idea if this is still the case? With FTVs correctly being treated as a pain for both BA and customer, it would be nice to get a normal e-voucher in situations such as this...
for part flown booking? yes you will definitely get an offline FTV. quite simply evouchers are impossible to issue straight away as there is no value stored in the booking for the value of any remaining sector(s), this is why it needs to be sent off for manual calculation when you come to make a new booking with the voucher.
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL
A bit confused so turning to Flyertalk. If I book an Avios redemption for travel this week, but with some uncertainty, does the Book With Confidence apply if cancelled within 24 hours of the flight? The GGL agent said no: the change/cancel outside of 24 hours rule applies but I think that's incorrect. Any thoughts please?
Old May 30, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Irish lad
A bit confused so turning to Flyertalk. If I book an Avios redemption for travel this week, but with some uncertainty, does the Book With Confidence apply if cancelled within 24 hours of the flight? The GGL agent said no: the change/cancel outside of 24 hours rule applies but I think that's incorrect. Any thoughts please?
i am not sure what you are trying to do? In a sense the cooling off period is irrelevant to a GGL as you don’t pay cancellation fees anyway.

Really the only point where you get a benefit from BWC is between 24 hrs and 1 hr before the flight where you can now get a FTV - although ba now just refund reward bookings rather than issue an offline FTV. For any time before that you have free cancellation as normal based on being a GGL.
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL
i am not sure what you are trying to do? In a sense the cooling off period is irrelevant to a GGL as you don’t pay cancellation fees anyway.

Really the only point where you get a benefit from BWC is between 24 hrs and 1 hr before the flight where you can now get a FTV - although ba now just refund reward bookings rather than issue an offline FTV. For any time before that you have free cancellation as normal based on being a GGL.
Thanks Karfa. I'm not talking about the fees bit and sorry for the confusion. The agent was indicating that any Avios would be lost if the flight was cancelled within 24 hours of the flight (as per the old rules) and I'm of the view - and your comments would seem to agree - that the agent's comment is nonsense due to the current BWC policy.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Irish lad
Thanks Karfa. I'm not talking about the fees bit and sorry for the confusion. The agent was indicating that any Avios would be lost if the flight was cancelled within 24 hours of the flight (as per the old rules) and I'm of the view - and your comments would seem to agree - that the agent's comment is nonsense due to the current BWC policy.
yes correct. As long as the booking is in scope for bwc date wise, within 24 hours you can just submit the FTV request form. Previously you would get a FTV with all the avios and cash held on it. More recently BA are just refunding the avios and cash rather than issue a FTV.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:38 am

British Airways affiliates have just received notification that the Book With Confidence policy for new bookings will end at midnight tonight, 7th June 2022.

I don't have an online source to corroborate this as yet, but I assume that something will be published more widely shortly.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
I don't suppose there is any word on an extension to the end of BWC on 30th September?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:20 am

I don't think that likely if they are stopping BWC for new bookings from tomorrow. BWC was always there to encourage people to book, but any extension now would only cover those with existing bookings. So there really would be no point as far as BA are concerned.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by continentalclub
British Airways affiliates have just received notification that the Book With Confidence policy for new bookings will end at midnight tonight, 7th June 2022.

I don't have an online source to corroborate this as yet, but I assume that something will be published more widely shortly.
Boooooooooooooo!

Yes it was great while it lasted but I do think it's more than a bit sneaky to pull the plug with no real notice after publishing that it would apply till September.

Maybe it was costing too much but it's not exactly great PR for the sake of a couple of months. Better get my summer flights booked today then.

EDITed to add: I just looked at the BA BWC page, and the 'flight changes and refunds' link now takes you to the BA Holidays BWC page, nothing for flights only any more. So perhaps they are keeping it for BAH, perhaps they are not, or perhaps it's just BA IT at work again... either way I'd be very cautious making a new flight only booking as I'm not sure there's anything to say that BWC still applies!

Last edited by ratechaser; Jun 7, 2022 at 9:14 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I guess those in the know and readers of this fine forum have about eight hours to book those maybe-prehaps bookings or lose the best part of the whole BWC policy in my opinion.

I had a spend £500 and get £100 back on my BA Business Amex and have just bought a £502 fare (in August) which I will cancel for an e-voucher effectively buying a £500 voucher for £400.

In the past I have bought, FTV-ed and rebooked maybe 15 flights and/or BAH since this was introduced and it certainly gave me the confidence to book when the world was going pearshaped over the last two years.

Fingers crossed its not going away but if it does it's been great having you around BWC..

EDITED TO SAY :- I booked and then requested the voucher about 10 minutes later and have already received the e-voucher. Total elapsed time was 23 mins from the initial booking to e-voucher reciept.
LancashireFlyer likes this.

Last edited by sunshinebob; Jun 7, 2022 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Now confirmed by our own Raffles on his head for points site.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...ee-ends-today/

Snip... British Airways has sent out a trade email this afternoon stating that ‘Book With Confidence’ will end at midnight tonight, Tuesday.Any bookings made from Wednesday onwards will no longer be covered by the policy
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Now confirmed by our own Raffles on his head for points site.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...ee-ends-today/

Snip... British Airways has sent out a trade email this afternoon stating that ‘Book With Confidence’ will end at midnight tonight, Tuesday.Any bookings made from Wednesday onwards will no longer be covered by the policy
Same email that continentalclub got, except that mine went into spam at 1.30pm and his didn't :-)
fluffymitten likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.