Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes. You would have to call to get the booking spilt first, then FTV the one booking you no longer want.
Great thanks - I didn't know you could split a booking. I'll give them a call to ask.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I wonder if BA will proactively publicise the return to previous restrictions.

If so, what would they call the new normal ?

"Book without confidence"

"Book with slightly less confidence than you had before"

I suspect it won't be either of those, sadly, but I do think that many people have got accustomed to more flexibility and won't like the withdrawal symptoms.
abraxias, BertieBadger and markmac like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've got an award booking that I need to cancel. I understand that BwC means that I will simply get my Avios & money back.

But is the cancellation window the 24 hours prior of an Avios booking? Or the "until check-in closes" of BwC?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Check-in closes, but I would do it as soon as you can.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:57 pm

For avios bookings, does the cancellation fee apply? Or do they refund the points + fees in full? Thanks
Old May 13, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hitek0007
For avios bookings, does the cancellation fee apply? Or do they refund the points + fees in full? Thanks
No cancellation fee. All Avios + cash co-payment is returned to original form of payment.

(assuming the Avios booking is for flights during the BwC period of eligibility - 30 September 2022)
Old May 14, 2022, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
No cancellation fee. All Avios + cash co-payment is returned to original form of payment.

(assuming the Avios booking is for flights during the BwC period of eligibility - 30 September 2022)
Great, thanks. Does this apply only to BA flights or does it also apply to partner flights booked with Avios?
Old May 14, 2022, 11:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hitek0007
Great, thanks. Does this apply only to BA flights or does it also apply to partner flights booked with Avios?
Yes, it includes any Avios booking made via BA.com including on other airlines.
Old May 14, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I wonder if BA will proactively publicise the return to previous restrictions.

If so, what would they call the new normal ?

"Book without confidence"

"Book with slightly less confidence than you had before"

I suspect it won't be either of those, sadly, but I do think that many people have got accustomed to more flexibility and won't like the withdrawal symptoms.
"Book at your own risk" (caveat emptor)
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:23 am

My guess - and it's just a guess - if the US drops the pre departure testing requirement over the next 1-2 months, then BWC will not be extended.

The USA testing requirements are not the whole picture, but would suspect they drive a big part of the equation.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:14 am

I'm considering booking JFK-LHR return on a mixed AA BA itinerary to be completed before 30 September. The conditions page for the flights says no refunds. Does that mean BWC does not apply?

Your ticket conditions

Changes to your ticket. Changes permitted at any time for the difference in fare. Changes subject to availability.

Refunds. There are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes.

Service fees. To cancel your booking it is $10.00 online or $25.00 by phone. To make changes to the date/time it is free online or $25.00 by phone.

Old May 26, 2022, 4:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by richarddd
I'm considering booking JFK-LHR return on a mixed AA BA itinerary to be completed before 30 September. The conditions page for the flights says no refunds. Does that mean BWC does not apply?

Your ticket conditions

Changes to your ticket. Changes permitted at any time for the difference in fare. Changes subject to availability.

Refunds. There are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes.

Service fees. To cancel your booking it is $10.00 online or $25.00 by phone. To make changes to the date/time it is free online or $25.00 by phone.

BWC will apply if your new booking is for travel completed by end of September.

What is shown are the fare conditions. I think other than not showing a change fee, they never explicitly referenced BWC.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
BWC will apply if your new booking is for travel completed by end of September.

What is shown are the fare conditions. I think other than not showing a change fee, they never explicitly referenced BWC.
Excellent.

I understand if I cancel a cash booking and get a voucher I'd have to use it for travel to be completed before end of September 2023. However, if I want cash, "If you choose not to use your Future Travel Voucher, you may be able to get a refund ... We will contact you if you are eligible for a refund. You can continue to use your Future Travel Voucher to make a booking."

When would they tell me if I could get cash? I'd like to know well in advance of the date the voucher would expire.

Also, could I use the FTV on any flight I can book through BA, even it the flight is on AA, IB, etc.?
Old May 26, 2022, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only circumstances in which you would be entitled to a cash refund is if the fare conditions allow it (i.e. a fully flex ticket) or your flight is cancelled by them.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by NickB
The only circumstances in which you would be entitled to a cash refund is if the fare conditions allow it (i.e. a fully flex ticket) or your flight is cancelled by them.
I had heard they were refunding under "If you choose not to use your Future Travel Voucher, you may be able to get a refund" even though they are not obligated to do so. Is that not accurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.