Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Actually I have had one of these emails too. And if you go to the small print at the bottom it says:

Flexible booking options - Apply to bookings on any route made from 3 March 2020 to 11 April 2022 and for journeys that are due to have been completed by 30 September 2022. This is including bookings made directly via our contact centres, ba.com or trade outlets. Excludes franchise airline SUN-AIR. Bookings must be a British Airways ticket only and date changes must be made or a voucher requested before check-in closes. For holiday package bookings, date changes must be made or a voucher requested no less than 3 weeks prior to travel. Once you have submitted your voucher request, the voucher will be non-refundable and can only be used as payment, or part payment, for a new future British Airways Holidays or British Airways flight-only booking. The new trip booked using the voucher must be fully completed by 30 September 2023 (departure and return). Any fare difference between existing and new booking must be paid for. For more information, visit ba.com.
Yet if you make a new booking right now, there are repeated references to book with confidence. So, something is out of sync here.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yet if you make a new booking right now, there are repeated references to book with confidence. So, something is out of sync here.
What are the chances that they've quietly killed BWC but haven't got round to updating the website? Other option is that they meant to kill BWC, decided not to but forgot that the automated emails had the new wording...
​​​​​
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa
What are the chances that they've quietly killed BWC but haven't got round to updating the website? Other option is that they meant to kill BWC, decided not to but forgot that the automated emails had the new wording...
​​​​​
They may choose not to renew it beyond September, but I don't think they can just drop it now. I think it is reasonably safe to assume BWC will continue to be applicable to new bookings made until end of September 2022.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
They may choose not to renew it beyond September, but I don't think they can just drop it now. I think it is reasonably safe to assume BWC will continue to be applicable to new bookings made until end of September 2022.
I would say on new and existing bookings “due to have been completed by 30 September 2022”.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes sorry, that’s a clearer way of putting it than my post.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And they would have to change the wording and website iconery if they were to do that to new bookings. I hope that at least some aspects of BWC continue, even if they perhaps have a fee attached.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
No. The outbound flight must originate before the expiration of the 2 for 1 Companion voucher. The return flight can take place after the expiration.
So basically using a 2 for 1 voucher means booking with confidence no longer applies?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by gpp1
So basically using a 2 for 1 voucher means booking with confidence no longer applies?
Depends on the expiry date of the companion voucher. If it is at or after expiry then yes, you now lose that aspect of the booking.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:30 pm

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And they would have to change the wording and website iconery if they were to do that to new bookings. I hope that at least some aspects of BWC continue, even if they perhaps have a fee attached.
It appears as though they are keeping BWC alive (sort of) at least for tickets issued in the US. They aren't any change fees in the fare rules for Winter 22/3 flights. That might just be a result of having to align with AA though.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I have just made a couple of bookings for June/July and had a thorough trawl through the Book with Confidence T&Cs first. I couldn't find anything relating to booking before 11th April. Everything seemed the same as a week or so ago. Saved multiple screenshots just in case as the website definitely leads me to believe the policy on flights due to be completed by 30th Sept still applies.
Though have fingers crossed - just in case.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Does anyone know what would happen if you apply now for a voucher for a flight in November 2022 ?
Will it reject the application ? Or process it and just cancel the booking ? Or process it and issue the voucher (even though it shouldn't)
I have a booking in November where I really want to cancel and rebook differently but still with BA
Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
You’ll get an email saying you cannot apply for a voucher and the booking will remain in place. Sit tight. I think it very likely BWC will be extended.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:22 am

I made 2 bookings last year for a holiday to Orlando for myself, brother and nephews. Flights and a hotel room on each. I paid, deposit only for both bookings. Travelling June. Brother and nephews one booking, myself on other. We shall likely cancel as teenage nephews not vaxed, and subsequent need to test out there too onerous.

One question I can't find an answer to, on Wiki or BA FAQs is in whose name is each voucher made out to? For various reasons unlikely I will be taking this trip with nephews again, however my brother and I plan to have another BA holiday before September 23. Many thanks for answer or any other advice.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I made 2 bookings last year for a holiday to Orlando for myself, brother and nephews. Flights and a hotel room on each. I paid, deposit only for both bookings. Travelling June. Brother and nephews one booking, myself on other. We shall likely cancel as teenage nephews not vaxed, and subsequent need to test out there too onerous.

One question I can't find an answer to, on Wiki or BA FAQs is in whose name is each voucher made out to? For various reasons unlikely I will be taking this trip with nephews again, however my brother and I plan to have another BA holiday before September 23. Many thanks for answer or any other advice.
As this is a BAH package when rebooking it would just need one of the original
passengers to be travelling on the new booking. Also note that you wont get an E-voucher. The BAH holidays team remove the flights and hotel and then add notes to your booking to state the value held as a voucher.

This means that to use the voucher you either need to call up or you can make a new booking (fullpayment or deposit) and then email [email protected] to have them apply this to a booking and either reduce the balance or refund you if you paid in full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.