Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:44 am

If I have an FTV from a flight can I use it for a hotel booking?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by James91
If I have an FTV from a flight can I use it for a hotel booking?
I believe that's already been confirmed to be OK, not that I have personal experience.
James91 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:32 pm

I am planning to book flights for early next year. The BA app (under Luxury sale now) suggests that if I book flights by 28th March they will be covered by 'travel with confidence policy'. Does this mean the flights can be changed without a fee and cancelled with a full refund or am I missing something?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by JonP
I am planning to book flights for early next year. The BA app (under Luxury sale now) suggests that if I book flights by 28th March they will be covered by 'travel with confidence policy'. Does this mean the flights can be changed without a fee and cancelled with a full refund or am I missing something?

Book with confidence means extra flexibility but not full refunds and not ‘free’ changes.

It means you can claim a voucher or if changing no change fees but you still pay fare and tax difference.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:10 pm

Thank you. If cancelled will I get a voucher for the full amount?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BWC/FTV only covers new bookings which are due to be completed by 30 September 2022. Bookings for travel in 2023 are not covered by BWC/FTVs currently.
Anonba likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Is BWC still in place if I book an Avios flight on BA.com with Iberia? Is for this April.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTmex
Is BWC still in place if I book an Avios flight on BA.com with Iberia? Is for this April.
yes
TTmex likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by KARFA
BWC/FTV only covers new bookings which are due to be completed by 30 September 2022. Bookings for travel in 2023 are not covered by BWC/FTVs currently.
I really, really would like an extension... I would probably make more bookings knowing in case of trouble I'm not losing out everything. I also think BA would get more money if they were to keep the BWC...
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Seems to have been a change to the BWC policy this week. Travel up to the end of September 22 is now covered - was 31 August 22.

BWC Policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...exible-booking

Also, seems to be a change to the FTV for reward bookings saying that companion vouchers and upgrade vouchers will be returned rather than embedded in a FTV until Sep 23.

FTV request form: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

and note: If you have an Avios Reward Flight Saver, Reward Flight, Companion or Gold Upgrade Voucher booking, please note that by submitting this form you will be given a refund and your Companion or Gold Upgrade Voucher will revert back to the original expiry date.
Am I right in thinking that this change now means that GUFs & Amex 2-for-1 vouchers can no longer be de-facto extended by making a booking with them within their validity, then later applying for at FTV, and using the FTV for dates after the voucher's expiry date?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Am I right in thinking that this change now means that GUFs & Amex 2-for-1 vouchers can no longer be de-facto extended by making a booking with them within their validity, then later applying for at FTV, and using the FTV for dates after the voucher's expiry date?
Yes,vouchers can't readily be extended. GUF extension by the Loyalty Team is possible so long as they aren't pre-historic.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
I really, really would like an extension... I would probably make more bookings knowing in case of trouble I'm not losing out everything. I also think BA would get more money if they were to keep the BWC...
Agreed! I am planning a trip to North America in October, but with work commitments I won't know until later in the summer if I'll be able to actually go in October or if I'll have to postpone, yet I also don't want to miss some pretty good deals. Thinking of booking on AA.com because it still seems that they offer a cancel-for-credit option, but it is frustrating, and certainly not feasible if you need to travel elsewhere.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Does anyone know when BA announced that 30 September 2022 was the end of the BWC travel window? Just trying to figure out if this might be extended by a month (to 31 October 2022) at the end of March.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Saint4805
Does anyone know when BA announced that 30 September 2022 was the end of the BWC travel window? Just trying to figure out if this might be extended by a month (to 31 October 2022) at the end of March.
vintagepilot reported the last date change on the 1st March post #1032
Saint4805 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The NHS documentation is being accepted by BAH, no problem there. If neither of you goes then it's straight forward, so it may be best to go for that option, then do a simple booking and hotel booking, maybe not using BAH, to cover your travel. I guess you can just delete the wife's side of the BAH booking, I can't see why not, but that's just for the flight and I suspect that's not an expensive component, whereas the hotel won't provide any saving if one of you stays there. Unfortunately for this you are going to need a conversation with BAH.
Just as a data point, I submitted the vocuher request & my NHS PCR test result email to BAH early on saturday morning after my wife & I also tested positive, and the email confirming cancellation and conversion to a voucher came through just after 830 this morning (Monday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.