Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Question - if midway through a trip, can one request a FTV for the remaining segments? Cash booking but upgraded with Avios, assume if this is possible the cash and Avios would all be on the FTV?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you can get an FTV for a part flown booking. You will get an offline one and it won’t show a value on the email. You will have to call to book and it will be sent off to calculate the exact value.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:03 am

Question - have just booked a flight for myself and a colleague through our organisations travel agent. My colleague has indicated that due to health issues, they may have to pull out at short notice The booking confirmation says the ticket is not cancellable or refundable. However am I right in thinking Book with Confidence applies?
Does this need to be done by BA or by the agent? The voucher can be used for another trip we are planning next month, so even if it stays in colleagues name, it is still valuable to us.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Question - have just booked a flight for myself and a colleague through our organisations travel agent. My colleague has indicated that due to health issues, they may have to pull out at short notice The booking confirmation says the ticket is not cancellable or refundable. However am I right in thinking Book with Confidence applies?
Does this need to be done by BA or by the agent? The voucher can be used for another trip we are planning next month, so even if it stays in colleagues name, it is still valuable to us.
BWC does apply to TA tickets, though you need to be sure the TA understands what they are doing. Usually the TA will issue their own equivalent of an FTV which then has to be processed via the same TA, but some TAs provide BA endorsed FTVs which can be used more widely.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
BWC does apply to TA tickets, though you need to be sure the TA understands what they are doing. Usually the TA will issue their own equivalent of an FTV which then has to be processed via the same TA, but some TAs provide BA endorsed FTVs which can be used more widely.
This may be a question for one of our resident lawyers here, but if you've booked through a TA who says that tickets are non-refundable; even if BWC does allow for it, is the TA in any way obliged to pass that voucher (in whatever form) back to you?

Unless there is some form of consumer protection law that overrides things, I'd have thought the terms of the TA apply?

None of which is to say that the TA won't oblige here, just that perhaps they couldn't be made to if push came to shove...
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:06 am

I’m looking to book LHR-IAD for November a long awaited trip that was originally booked March 2020 and cancelled last minute! What is holding me back at the moment is that the book with confidence policy is only for flights up until August 22. I’ve booked quite a few short haul flights in the last 2 years ( in between travel bans) and have had confidence to book with BA knowing that if I had to cancel I could just get a voucher as I know I’ll always use it at some point in the future but I’m now a bit hesitant, I'm wondering if we are heading towards the end of this very generous voucher policy this year? I want to book to get it planned but am holding out to see if they extend it, anyone have any idea on this?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bluesky30
'm wondering if we are heading towards the end of this very generous voucher policy this year? I want to book to get it planned but am holding out to see if they extend it, anyone have any idea on this?
I suspect we are very close to the end on BWC. My hunch is that it will likely be watered down first (perhaps applying only if you catch covid yourself, or entry restrictions change after booking?), before being removed completely. Not sure when but it can’t be far off, it’s not like BA to be so generous.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Confus
I suspect we are very close to the end on BWC. My hunch is that it will likely be watered down first (perhaps applying only if you catch covid yourself, or entry restrictions change after booking?), before being removed completely. Not sure when but it can’t be far off, it’s not like BA to be so generous.
It's not generosity, but business necessity. When bookings have picked up sufficiently and the need ends, the policy will also end.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Yes, but who in their right minds would pay a few thousand pounds today for a trip after September given how much things may change in the next six months?

I have a horse in this race, as I would like to book a family holiday for the October half term to somewhere hot but there is no way I am doing that until, say, three weeks before if I don’t have flexibility to change the dates, even if I have to pay a higher fare. And if BA is too expensive at three weeks out, I’ll go with someone else.

Come to think of it, do other airlines offer flexibility in six months time for tickets booked now?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Yes, but who in their right minds would pay a few thousand pounds today for a trip after September given how much things may change in the next six months?

I have a horse in this race, as I would like to book a family holiday for the October half term to somewhere hot but there is no way I am doing that until, say, three weeks before if I don’t have flexibility to change the dates, even if I have to pay a higher fare. And if BA is too expensive at three weeks out, I’ll go with someone else.

Come to think of it, do other airlines offer flexibility in six months time for tickets booked now?
I like you have little interest in committing financially to anything non-flexible post September so have burned a pile of Avios on cancellable trips to Singapore, Las Vegas and Barbados post the end of BA's BWC.

I am hoping to visit Australia to see family (hence the Singapore booking) if things open and will be booking Singapore airlines onto Melbourne before their BWC policy expires on the 31st of March.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...ary-rebooking/
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I'm looking to book for December and my thought is that if it everything comes roaring back again, BA will extend the policy and it will cover existing bookings that are already in place.

I really don't think there is anything to lose.

That all being said, it would be lovely if Book With Confidence was permanent, but that would be some change to the business model. Hopefully they're analysing how things go during periods of stability when it comes to people swapping for vouchers. I think that would be very interesting data.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I have a horse in this race, as I would like to book a family holiday for the October half term to somewhere hot but there is no way I am doing that until, say, three weeks before if I don’t have flexibility to change the dates, even if I have to pay a higher fare.
Even if BA were to decline to extend BWC any more, we are not going back to a situation in which you book something, and then you either use it or lose it. ISTR that every BA ticket now is essentially semi-flex - you can change it for change fee plus fare difference. So isn't the the change the extent of the difference between BWC and what you're prepared to do anyway?

The part of BWC that I think has been more valuable, and doesn't normally exist, is cancelling to a voucher instead of having to rebook immediately.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Even if BA were to decline to extend BWC any more, we are not going back to a situation in which you book something, and then you either use it or lose it. ISTR that every BA ticket now is essentially semi-flex - you can change it for change fee plus fare difference. So isn't the the change the extent of the difference between BWC and what you're prepared to do anyway?

The part of BWC that I think has been more valuable, and doesn't normally exist, is cancelling to a voucher instead of having to rebook immediately.
is that correct? I’ve been looking at South Africa, and I can get Star Alliance semi flexible tickets for about the same as BA. I’d prefer BA direct, but the ticket conditions are fiendishly difficult to understand
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
is that correct? I’ve been looking at South Africa, and I can get Star Alliance semi flexible tickets for about the same as BA. I’d prefer BA direct, but the ticket conditions are fiendishly difficult to understand
On BA, long-haul I class was the last bastion of "use it or lose it", but even that is now changeable for change fee plus fare difference. I looked at a random LHR-JNB-LHR BA I class fare, and it says the normal change fee is £300.

ba.com says this about the conditions, which isn't exactly gobbledy-gook:
Your ticket conditions

Changes to your ticket
Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of £300.00 or an upgrade fee of £300.00 plus any difference in fare. All sectors may be repriced. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket

Refunds
There are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I like you have little interest in committing financially to anything non-flexible post September so have burned a pile of Avios on cancellable trips ...
Ditto our bookings beyond 31st August. { We had a couple of 241s to burn anyhow. }

For everything else from September onward we probably wont be booking until 4-6 weeks out unless there is a silly sale fare to where we want to go. Other then the Putin variant gaining traction though, it looks to me at this juncture that things should be getting more back to normal this year.

Last edited by The Geek; Feb 19, 2022 at 7:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.