Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
So many posts I will have missed this, obviously!
If I book now with an extended Lloyds Upgrade Voucher and cancel in a few months what happens to the voucher?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:22 pm

I see that the Book with Confidence dates were extended from 31st August to 30th September on the 7th August. As it's now the 19th September will BA extend it again?
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ted51
I see that the Book with Confidence dates were extended from 31st August to 30th September on the 7th August. As it's now the 19th September will BA extend it again?
I suppose we’ll soon find out. I notice they haven’t extended the FTV option for October flights for bookings made prior to 3 March 2020. Seems very unfair to me given the continuing and expanding travel restrictions.
esledo and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a Sale on until 30 September, so that may explain why they are making any such announcement late in the day - they want to get the cash in now. As soon as they extend then cashflow would be paused. On the other hand if they don't offer something in this area they won't get many reservations made in October.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:31 am

Hi everyone,

I’ve read and re-read the BA holidays t and c’s and only succeeded in confusing myself.

I’m looking to book a holiday to Cyprus for Christmas. Am I right in thinking if I do so, I can cancel completely and receive a voucher for the £350 deposit up until 3 weeks before? I could also change the dates and/or destination up until 3 weeks before?

After that time (and once full payment has been made) the only way to cancel or change would be if either countries government announce further restrictions such as quarantine etc. In this instance I would receive a credit voucher for the full balance.

I am getting confused as this is how I interpreted it and it all seemed straight forward, then further on the t and c’s it speaks about non refundable hotels etc and I would have a hotel included in the booking.

All of this makes me not want to bother but I would really love a trip away this year even with all the changes.

TIA.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NEMMIE
I’m looking to book a holiday to Cyprus for Christmas. Am I right in thinking if I do so, I can cancel completely and receive a voucher for the £350 deposit up until 3 weeks before? I could also change the dates and/or destination up until 3 weeks before?
When you look at a particular hotel within the BA Holidays options, there is usually a cancellation panel on section 2: Add transfers, experiences and more. Now this gives you some clue about what would happen if you just didn't want to travel. A typical scenario is the flight would have an FTV, but you may have lose £100 on the hotel component. These vary from hotel to hotel, hence the note about inflexible hotels to which you refer. But two things sit on top of this: BAH have said they will allow a full FTV if a self isolation requirement is introduced upon return from Cyprus, so long as you give 7 days notice (it can be less than 7 days if it happens just before flying). Secondly there is a broad set of customer protection for package holidays if they are not viable as holidays (e.g. you book a city break in Paris and the city goes into full lockdown).

The risk of self isolation is there, whatever you do and there is no clear end in sight for that. So you have to take that on since it could easily change after you arrive in Cyprus. I've also been advising against "maybe" bookings, due to all the uncertainties, with one exception, namely using Avios, since these have a lot of flexibility anyway. So if you were keen to get something in the diary, what I would suggest is an Avios booking to Cyprus and book your own hotel directly, whilst being very careful with the hotel in terms of what notice they need if you want to cancel. Many hotels are OK to take a cancellation even on the day of arrival.
CaroFos likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:52 am

Thanks so much corporate-wage-slave Sound advice and great info as always.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: Excecutive Club Bronze
Hoping that someone can give advice?
I have a BA Holiday booking to Cancun in Nov, so far I've paid the deposit only. I looked at the prices now (I know you're not supposed to) and they are about $150 lower right now. How can I best take advantage of the lower price? If I call them and make a date change (my time is very flexible) I get a lower price, and I'm assuming a new date to pay in full? What happens to the money I "save" so to speak, will they come in a voucher or just be deducted from the final payment? The latter is what I want.
OR should I cancel altogether and then rebook right away?

Last but not least, what are the UK flyertalkers best guess if Cancun flights will really be back up in Nov? I've seen the map where it says from 17th Oct, 3 times a week. But can't find which 3 days a week? My flight will include ARN-LHR and then get to Gatwick for the Cancun flight. No quarantine for me, is that correct? Since I'm not staying in the UK only transiting (between airports but still).
Old Sep 28, 2020, 5:17 pm

Claiming voucher for inbound flight only

Hello all! I am planning on escaping the UK for my birthday. The plan is to fly EDI-LHR-GOT on 13/10, spend a few days there, then fly to Italy to be with my family, and then fly back to the UK via GOT on 23/10. It's possible/likely Sweden will lose its quarantine exemption (or that Scotland will be put into a second strict lockdown). In this case, I'd simply remain in Italy or fly back to the UK via somewhere else.

Would I be eligible to claim a voucher on the inbound GOT-LHR-EDI segment on 23/10 after having flown the outbound already? I can't seem to find any answer about it on ba.com.

Thank you!
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by boxlion

Last but not least, what are the UK flyertalkers best guess if Cancun flights will really be back up in Nov? I've seen the map where it says from 17th Oct, 3 times a week. But can't find which 3 days a week? My flight will include ARN-LHR and then get to Gatwick for the Cancun flight. No quarantine for me, is that correct? Since I'm not staying in the UK only transiting (between airports but still).
October is scheduled for M, W, Sa. November for M, Tu, W, F. No idea on the chances of these flights operating yet.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Hello all! I am planning on escaping the UK for my birthday. The plan is to fly EDI-LHR-GOT on 13/10, spend a few days there, then fly to Italy to be with my family, and then fly back to the UK via GOT on 23/10. It's possible/likely Sweden will lose its quarantine exemption (or that Scotland will be put into a second strict lockdown). In this case, I'd simply remain in Italy or fly back to the UK via somewhere else.

Would I be eligible to claim a voucher on the inbound GOT-LHR-EDI segment on 23/10 after having flown the outbound already? I can't seem to find any answer about it on ba.com.

Thank you!
Future travel vouchers are not available for part flown itineraries (although a very few have reported that they have received one).
Old Sep 29, 2020, 12:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For those of you in a similar situation to me with October flights booked prior to March 2020 there may be good news coming if you do not wish to travel. I have noticed this morning that the change fees have been removed from my October flights but not November so let's hope the policy will shortly be extended at least until 31st October.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
That would be very useful, I have flights booked Friday that predate the pandemic and no ability to use them (Finland not currently interested in UK nationals..)
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
For those of you in a similar situation to me with October flights booked prior to March 2020 there may be good news coming if you do not wish to travel. I have noticed this morning that the change fees have been removed from my October flights but not November so let's hope the policy will shortly be extended at least until 31st October.
I have tried to cancel a MAD flight for 1/10 this afternoon. It was booked last November. It still would not let me cancel and on checking a change to late October it wanted £140 change fee. I also tried changing to a later date beyond the 12 month booking period but received an error message. So as at this afternoon I do not see any extension to the BWC policy yet.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: Excecutive Club Bronze
Originally Posted by dylanks
October is scheduled for M, W, Sa. November for M, Tu, W, F. No idea on the chances of these flights operating yet.
Wow! Thank you so much! May I ask where you find this info, so that I can keep track of it myself if it changes?
That ruins my trip, I have a flight on a Sat, it's the only one that matches a flight a from ARN. Now I have to alter it and spend a night at a Gatwick hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.