Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Hi all,

I cancelled my original booking to SIN in March 2020, got an FTV.

Used the FTV for a booking to GIG in January 2021. Considering cancelling this now to go somewhere else.
​​​​​
Can i cancel a booking made with a FTV and get a new FTV issued for the value?

Thanks,
​​​​​​FC
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
Hi all,

I cancelled my original booking to SIN in March 2020, got an FTV.

Used the FTV for a booking to GIG in January 2021. Considering cancelling this now to go somewhere else.
​​​​​
Can i cancel a booking made with a FTV and get a new FTV issued for the value?

Thanks,
​​​​​​FC
Yes that works. Your new booking was also covered by book with confidence.
flyingcrazy likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

There are also no change fees at the moment. So the other option is to move a June 2021 flight to another date and if there is no extra fare to pay, it could too be free, or only have a small cost difference. But tickets are only valid for 12 months from the date of issue, so that doesn't currently help your plan to buy now.
Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:06 am

I probably have to change my travel plans and return sooner to UK from Miami. Can I get voucher for the return half of my ticket Miami to Brusssels? Planning on holding off as long as I can to see if they cancel Brussels flight on February 11th.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by glen01
I probably have to change my travel plans and return sooner to UK from Miami. Can I get voucher for the return half of my ticket Miami to Brusssels? Planning on holding off as long as I can to see if they cancel Brussels flight on February 11th.
yes that’s fine. You can get a FTV for a part flown booking. It definitely will be an offline voucher you have to call to use.

I presume you are planning to book a separate one way back to the UK? As there are no change fees atm, would it be worth checking the cost to simply move your return flights to the date you now want to return?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
BWC extension?

Hi All, any news if BWC will be extended beyond Aug 2021?

TIA.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:48 pm

Thanks for reply I bought the 1000 euro business class seat from Brussels to MIA so it was pretty cheap. Planning on possibly travelling January 9th which looks expensive atm. Might try use points
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:10 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Hi All, any news if BWC will be extended beyond Aug 2021?

TIA.
Wondering this too. Holding off booking anything post 31/8/21 until it is (or we're clearly out of this mess).
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by A13
Wondering this too. Holding off booking anything post 31/8/21 until it is (or we're clearly out of this mess).
I suspect many are and I would imagine the current sale is to try and get people to book, or at least test the water.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tom139
I suspect many are and I would imagine the current sale is to try and get people to book, or at least test the water.
Speaking of the sale, the prices are not as good as they’ve been in the past. This is perhaps, on certain routes at least, is explained by the reduced service.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:26 am

Apologies if answered elsewhere, I have tried to search. Until what point before departure is it possible to claim on the book with confidence policy. For example if I have a departure at 16:00 hours, am I able to change my plans right up until departure?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Apologies if answered elsewhere, I have tried to search. Until what point before departure is it possible to claim on the book with confidence policy. For example if I have a departure at 16:00 hours, am I able to change my plans right up until departure?
do you want to change the booking or just claim a future travel voucher? For the latter you would need to request it before check in closes, although I would recommend no later than an hour before departure to be safe. I suspect the timeframe is the same for juts changing since otherwise you would be marked as a no show.
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I'm in a predicament that I need to cancel January flights to UVF but BA has not cancelled the flight as of yet. If I want to rebook, I want to head there in November but my understanding is that even if I get a voucher now, use it to travel in November 2021, then I cannot claim a voucher again and the new ticket fare rules apply? Despite the voucher relating to a BWC eligible booking initially? Is that right?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by tom139
I'm in a predicament that I need to cancel January flights to UVF but BA has not cancelled the flight as of yet. If I want to rebook, I want to head there in November but my understanding is that even if I get a voucher now, use it to travel in November 2021, then I cannot claim a voucher again and the new ticket fare rules apply? Despite the voucher relating to a BWC eligible booking initially? Is that right?
yes that’s right. Currently for new bookings BWC/FTV only covers where travel is by the end of august 2021. It may be extended in the further to cover travel beyond that date or it may not.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Just double checking my position...

I have a BAH booking to JFK in J 3 March upgraded with avios one way to F.

Am I right is thinking I must either cancel or move the dates a minimum of 3 weeks before? This is assuming they do not change the flights (this has already happened once).

If I move the dates can I retain the upgraded cabin?

Thanks in advance....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.