Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I assume somewhat irrelevant since BA doesn't issue vouchers under Californian law? Also I think it just applies where a gift card is sold to a purchaser.
I'll take that under advisement. I was under the impression that, in this particular example, theses laws applied to anything "sold" in California (i.e. prevents "jurisdiction selection" by the seller/provider!) And that it applied to credits with monetary value, which an FTV undoubtedly is. I could be wrong!

rb211.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RB211
I'll take that under advisement. I was under the impression that, in this particular example, theses laws applied to anything "sold" in California (i.e. prevents "jurisdiction selection" by the seller/provider!) And that it applied to credits with monetary value, which an FTV undoubtedly is. I could be wrong!

rb211.
Has anyone been "sold" an FTV in California?
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:53 pm

Has anyone been "sold" an FTV in California?
No - but someone has been sold a flight (while that someone was in California, and that someone being a technically legal resident of California) which has subsequently been converted into an FTV, effectively a "store credit" with a $ value.

I'm not trying to be difficult here; am I failing?

rb211.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 1:11 pm

No - but someone has been sold a flight (while that someone was in California, and that someone being a technically legal resident of California) which has subsequently been converted into an FTV, effectively a "store credit" with a $ value.

rb211.
Not at all, I don't think you are being difficult

I am not seeing it I am afraid. Sorry.
RB211 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 1:33 pm

Not at all, I don't think you are being difficult

I am not seeing it I am afraid. Sorry.
Thanks and OK. I'll drop it for now - it will be a while before it could even be considered an issue on the horizon! I probably have more important things to be thinking/worrying about.

rb211.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

rb211.
The T&Cs most likely have a legal jurisdiction under which disputes can be brought, and here I believe it is England and Wales. I don't know if they are different if the ticket is sold with a US POS.

It depends how much money you have stored in FTVs but it might not be very economical to prove that point in US courts.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like the BA email bot is working overtime, I seem to be getting multiple emails telling me of extensions to FTVs I have already redeemed.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by alex67500
The T&Cs most likely have a legal jurisdiction under which disputes can be brought, and here I believe it is England and Wales. I don't know if they are different if the ticket is sold with a US POS.
Yes, that's an interesting point, and I wonder how that would work (or rather not work) in this case. It maybe that conditions of doing business in, for example, California, require CA specific infractions to be pursuable only in CA (which would make a lot of sense, and go along with the "anti-jurisdiction picking" legislation that I mentioned up-thread!) CA has many unusual/strange/unique requirements of doing business in their state.

Originally Posted by alex67500
It depends how much money you have stored in FTVs but it might not be very economical to prove that point in US courts.
I think in this case one would need to get a California District or State attorney interested in the case. I do not see them being interested, personally. It was more of a "what if" question, rather than a situation I intend or am expecting to run into!

rb211.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 4:32 am

I have what might be a stupid qustion, but here goes:

I have a BA holiday booking for May which is probably unlikely to go ahead so I am looking at moving dates to later on in the year or early next year. This trip was booked under the book with confidence policy, so I should be able to change dates without fees, just paying any price difference. I have however used a FTV on this booking. This has not been recorded on the booking as an additional payment, rather it has just reduced the initial price. As there doesn’t seem to be any record on the booking of the price adjustment, I am concerned that any price difference I will have to pay will be based on this new lower price rather than the original price I paid.

My question is have I misunderstood how the system works?
Old Feb 5, 2021, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I have what might be a stupid qustion, but here goes:

I have a BA holiday booking for May which is probably unlikely to go ahead so I am looking at moving dates to later on in the year or early next year. This trip was booked under the book with confidence policy, so I should be able to change dates without fees, just paying any price difference. I have however used a FTV on this booking. This has not been recorded on the booking as an additional payment, rather it has just reduced the initial price. As there doesn’t seem to be any record on the booking of the price adjustment, I am concerned that any price difference I will have to pay will be based on this new lower price rather than the original price I paid.

My question is have I misunderstood how the system works?
Yes, so if you do a change via BWC the total value of what you paid would be used, including the value of any FTVs. Any change and fare difference will be based on the original price, this is all readily viewable for a BA agent on their system.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 4:59 am

Yes, so if you do a change via BWC the total value of what you paid would be used, including the value of any FTVs. Any change and fare difference will be based on the original price, this is all readily viewable for a BA agent on their system.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up KARFA.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:28 pm

Does anybody happen to know what BA's definition of the "trade outlet" listed in the T&Cs on their book with confidence policy is?

Looking to book a flight through the Chase Ultimate Reward portal so I can part pay w/ points, but wanted to be sure i was still covered before I did.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 11:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This isn't an exact answer, but largely trade means travel agents such as Chase. They are covered by BWC, but it is the agent that have to implement it, with a few exceptions you have to work with the agent rather than BA. Some agents have not covered themselves in glory, but I can't recall anyone having a bad experience with Chase, in fact there are one or two stories of going above and beyond.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:57 pm

Book with Confidence on BA codeshare on Finnair metal

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn't find it in the thread..

I'm looking to book economy flights LHR to Rovaneimi (connecting in HEL) for late December, returning early Jan 2022. They're operated by Finnair but bookable under BA flight numbers on ba.com. By my reckoning Book with Confidence (option to change or cancel for voucher) should apply but on the booking page you don't get the 'book now, change later' drop down. Instead, only the Finnair rules are quoted (which is free changes but not the option to cancel).

Interestingly if I try a dummy booking for the same flights as late as July, the 'book now, change later' drop down does appear. I'm assuming it's an IT glitch related to the recent extension to the policy.

Am I right that Book with Confidence applies to all the legs of these Finnair connecting flights for December?

Many thanks
​​​​​​
Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by zonoza
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn't find it in the thread..

I'm looking to book economy flights LHR to Rovaneimi (connecting in HEL) for late December, returning early Jan 2022. They're operated by Finnair but bookable under BA flight numbers on ba.com. By my reckoning Book with Confidence (option to change or cancel for voucher) should apply but on the booking page you don't get the 'book now, change later' drop down. Instead, only the Finnair rules are quoted (which is free changes but not the option to cancel).

Interestingly if I try a dummy booking for the same flights as late as July, the 'book now, change later' drop down does appear. I'm assuming it's an IT glitch related to the recent extension to the policy.

Am I right that Book with Confidence applies to all the legs of these Finnair connecting flights for December?

Many thanks
​​​​​​
I’m not sure BWC extends out that far, yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.