Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Sorry, I appreciate the ambiguity. Not the cooling off rule. The rule requiring changes / cancellations 24 hrs pre-departure. Just want to understand the options if a shorter notice change is required.
well you need to do any voluntary changes to a reward booking by 24 hours before the flight. Beyond that you need to get a FTV which you can do until check in closes. You can call to use the FTV straight away if you wish. Is that what you mean?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by KARFA
well you need to do any voluntary changes to a reward booking by 24 hours before the flight. Beyond that you need to get a FTV which you can do until check in closes. You can call to use the FTV straight away if you wish. Is that what you mean?
Yes, exactly that. So, Avios bookings 100% flexible up to close of check-in, if willing to accept an FTV.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:03 am

Quick follow up on a different point. How does book with confidence work if one chooses to cancel a BA booking that involves a BA flight and a connection on another OW carrier ?

EDITED: The ba.com booking page suggests that the usual (non-BWC) rules for change / cancel are the same as for a normal BA only. Not clear whether BWC rules that one cancel less than 24 hrs for departure for an FTV apply. So that is the question to which I am looking for an answer.

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Oct 16, 2021 at 7:11 am
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC
I have a deposit on a BA holiday I want to cancel, The holiday was booked in August with a £250.00 deposit, I then had a FTV for £400.00 applied to the balance of the holiday (the FTV transaction does not show up in MMB but £400 was reduced from the balance). I've tried calling to cancel, can't even get in the queue, tried the web chat (agent said he couldn't deal with a BA holiday query) so does anybody know if I apply for a voucher using the webform, will i get it to the value of £650.00 or am i best persisting with the call centre until I get through.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:44 am

My question yesterday got a little garbled in the editing, so just re-posting as I did not get a response.

I am looking at how BWC applies on a BA 125- ticketed Avios bookings which is exclusively on another OW carrier (in my case AGP-MAD-LHR with both legs on IB).

The flights I am thinking about booking are flights that I may need to cancel at short notice, and what I want to ascertain is whether the current BWC rule that Avios bookings can be cancelled right up to close of check-in (if I am happy to take an FTV rather than asking for a refund) would apply to a non-BA flight. I can't see why it wouldn't, but would like to be sure. I fear that if I call up and ask the question as a general question of principle, there is only a limited chance of getting an accurate answer.

Does anyone know the answer to this for sure ?

BTW, we really don't know how lucky we are. The IB BWC policy effectively only applies if someone is prevented by external forces from flying. Voluntary changes and cancellation are not covered. A pretty harsh set of rules in the current climate.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:54 am

Yes you can get an FTV up until check in closes. You just request it as normal using the FTV form.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:28 pm

Yes you can get an FTV up until check in closes. You just request it as normal using the FTV form.
Thanks !
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by LBA_flyer
I have a deposit on a BA holiday I want to cancel, The holiday was booked in August with a £250.00 deposit, I then had a FTV for £400.00 applied to the balance of the holiday (the FTV transaction does not show up in MMB but £400 was reduced from the balance). I've tried calling to cancel, can't even get in the queue, tried the web chat (agent said he couldn't deal with a BA holiday query) so does anybody know if I apply for a voucher using the webform, will i get it to the value of £650.00 or am i best persisting with the call centre until I get through.
Have you managed to resolve this?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
validity confusion again….

oops, wrong thread ….

Last edited by IAN-UK; Oct 18, 2021 at 9:27 am
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jamestg
Have you managed to resolve this?
Yes, I took a plunge and applied for cancellation/voucher online yesterday. Received an email today saying the full amount amount had been converted to a FTV. need to call up to use it or pay a deposit on another BA holiday and reply to the email with the new booking reference and will be applied to the balance.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm looking to book LHR-ZAG-SKP (first leg on BA, second leg on Croatia Airlines with OU flight number). Booking via the BA website (so should be a 125- ticket). Does BWC still apply to the whole booking?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by barneyb
I'm looking to book LHR-ZAG-SKP (first leg on BA, second leg on Croatia Airlines with OU flight number). Booking via the BA website (so should be a 125- ticket). Does BWC still apply to the whole booking?
Yes, BWC will still apply
Old Oct 26, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
I am booking a ticket for next April / May from Europe to LAX (via LHR). This will be on BA flights, with some domestic AA connections. If the ticket is used by BA as 125 stock will the full BWC apply? So I could cancel the ticket for a full voucher if I don't travel?

I ask because I am booking through an agent (AMEX travel) and they are not sure! I am thinking as long as they issue with BA then BWC should apply - even if it's messy to apply with the agent involved. Correct?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by justin1123
I am booking a ticket for next April / May from Europe to LAX (via LHR). This will be on BA flights, with some domestic AA connections. If the ticket is used by BA as 125 stock will the full BWC apply? So I could cancel the ticket for a full voucher if I don't travel?

I ask because I am booking through an agent (AMEX travel) and they are not sure! I am thinking as long as they issue with BA then BWC should apply - even if it's messy to apply with the agent involved. Correct?
I am really baffled that Amex are unsure, it is entirely clear on the BA trade support site that BWC will apply. Bear in mind any FTV would be requested by a TA and you would need to rebook with the TA.

When does this apply?
• Existing bookings ticketed before 03 March 2020, for travel commencing up to and including 28 February 2021
• New ticketed bookings made from 3 March 2020 for travel (outbound and inbound) up to 31 August 2022
These conditions apply to tickets issued on British Airways (125), for any carrier routing
• Rebooking with credit valid for travel (outbound & inbound) by 30 September 2023 or EMD (RSVT) for future travel valid on:
o BA through fares and/or marketed routes
o Combined BA routing with SJB, AJB, Qatar JB
o IAG partner fares
o SJB, AJB, Qatar JB and IAG partner routes/fares
o BA*MN (Comair) operated flights, either domestic within Africa or in connection with a BA operated mainline flight
o BA routings which includes Sunair, only if the routing is in connection to/from a BA mainline flight
• Other carriers issued tickets may have different rules
I would very strongly recommend you book direct with BA as any changes, FTVs, cancellations etc will be significantly easier to do than with a TA - see above as they can't even work out something as basic as whether BWC applies.
Anonba likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:55 am

I am really baffled that Amex are unsure, it is entirely clear on the BA trade support site that BWC will apply. Bear in mind any FTV would be requested by a TA and you would need to rebook with the TA.

I would very strongly recommend you book direct with BA as any changes, FTVs, cancellations etc will be significantly easier to do than with a TA - see above as they can't even work out something as basic as whether BWC applies.
I'm guessing they're trying to use the AMEX travel credit offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.