Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by polochick
Can book with confidence be used for a BA (125) ticketed itinerary with all BA flight numbers but where some legs are operated by QR?
Yes, you could do that.
polochick likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I believe tthat the FTV will have the value of the avios included in it but you will need to call up in order to use it.

Also , currently, if you wanted to cancel the avios booking you would have needed to call in as if you do it online, you will get the voucher.

Regards

TBS
Originally Posted by Earthman
That's a Pita, so avios bookings cannot be cancelled online now, when did this happen?
Same thing just happened to me (before I saw this entry). I thought maybe I was losing my mind or that I clicked the wrong things but sure enough, I cannot find a way to cancel my Avios booking in any way other than a FTV. So now I have to waste an agent's time (and mine) to do something that should be a few clicks? So dumb.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I couldn't see an answer.

Is there a way to calculate what the voucher value would be on a part flown ticket? We had a return from the UK to YVR which we have already flown out on with the return next April but would prefer to get back into the cycle of ex-Canada returns Trying to work out the most economical way of doing this given the high cost of one way flights and taking a voucher and booking a new return starting from YVR is one option.

Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:12 am

I seem to recall reading on the forum a while back that the rules for rebooking a BA cancelled flight had changed from 'up to 12 months from original booking date' to 'up to 12 months from flight departure date'. However, I can't find any confirmation of this either here or on the BA site. Is anyone able to confirm/deny this for certain? And if yes, is there a link available?
TIA
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If I use a FTV (valid until Sep 2023) to book flights in Sep 2022, what happens if I want to change or cancel those flights? Do I get a new FTV or do change/cancellation fees now apply? I'm guessing it's the latter but at least to me, it's not obvious!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gpp1
If I use a FTV (valid until Sep 2023) to book flights in Sep 2022, what happens if I want to change or cancel those flights? Do I get a new FTV or do change/cancellation fees now apply? I'm guessing it's the latter but at least to me, it's not obvious!
FTVs are only available for new bookings where travel is due to be completed by 31 August 2022. So for a new booking for travel in September 2022 you would not be covered by BWC/FTV currently - although it is possible that may change.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
It's the latter. Your new flights will be under standard cancellation fees as they are after the deadline.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
FTVs are only available for new bookings where travel is due to be completed by 31 August 2022. So for a new booking for travel in September 2022 you would not be covered by BWC/FTV currently - although it is possible that may change.
Thanks. Do you think the answer is different if I use a FTV to make the Sep 2022 booking? In other words, is the Sep 2022 booking still classified as a new booking?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
It's the latter. Your new flights will be under standard cancellation fees as they are after the deadline.
Got it - that makes sense.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:35 pm

Thanks. Do you think the answer is different if I use a FTV to make the Sep 2022 booking? In other words, is the Sep 2022 booking still classified as a new booking?
no difference
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:27 pm

I scanned but couldnt find the answer here (so many posts in this forum!).
My brother in-law purchased quite a spendy Cash +Avios ticket for 2 pax - FAO to LHR @ EUR 552.60 + 36,500 in WT (ive told him never to lower the price of a tix with avios again)
We got him to purchase 2 x tix for EUR 50 + 30K avios In Club Europe, quite the saving, plus lounge access.
We now need to get an FTV for his original tix, but i wanst sure how his Cash + Avios FTV could be used. EG can he only use it on Cash + Avios fares in the future, is there a smart way to "release" the avios?
Can it be used by just him, or do both PAX need to be booked again?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:31 pm

no difference
thanks
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Sorry if already answered, but on Avios bookings, does the 24 hr rule currently apply to voluntary changes and/or voluntary cancellations where an FTV (rather than a refund) is requested ?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Sorry if already answered, but on Avios bookings, does the 24 hr rule currently apply to voluntary changes and/or voluntary cancellations where an FTV (rather than a refund) is requested ?
Do you mean the cooling off period? Are you trying to reverse your decision to request a FTV?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Do you mean the cooling off period? Are you trying to reverse your decision to request a FTV?
Sorry, I appreciate the ambiguity. Not the cooling off rule. The rule requiring changes / cancellations 24 hrs pre-departure. Just want to understand the options if a shorter notice change is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.