Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 11:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All, how does BA determine if you get an e-voucher or FTV? I just requested a voucher (using the form I have used at least 7-8 times this year), and I got a FTV instead of an e-voucher (it was also for a booking that I made online as well). This is really frustrating because the call centre is only open 8 - 8pm and if I find a flight outside of these times, I can literally do nothing - is there a way to hold a price for 12 hours or so?

Is there any way to ensure you get an e-voucher instead of a FTV?
not really. Depends on the type of booking and whether changes have been made to it before.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Travel to be completed by 31st August 2022

I am assuming that if I book a flight where the return leg leaves on 31st August 2022 than lands back in UK on 1st Sept 2022 then strictly I will be outside this policy since travel completes on 1st Sept or do you reckon there will be some flexibility since it’s just at FTV I would get so revenue stays within BA?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Waggy
I am assuming that if I book a flight where the return leg leaves on 31st August 2022 than lands back in UK on 1st Sept 2022 then strictly I will be outside this policy since travel completes on 1st Sept or do you reckon there will be some flexibility since it’s just at FTV I would get so revenue stays within BA?
Yes you would be outside the policy so you would have to assume BWC and FTVs do not apply at all to that booking. You will have to assume that any changes or voluntary refunds will be as per fare rules.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Waggy
Hi! I assumed this. I also got it confirmed by BA Twitter. And by posting on here. I applied for a FTV for my deposit for my holiday that started on 27th April and ended 16th May and I got a voucher a few days later. So definitely apply for an FTV and see what happens.

Edit to say this was when the final BWC date was 30th April 2022. 😊
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
This is so confusing. I have an Avios booking using a Chase 2-4-1 certificate. It's for travel starting Dec 7th. I booked the reservation in February. If I cancel this reservation can I get an FTV that will extend the 2-4-1 voucher until April 2023 ?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
This is so confusing. I have an Avios booking using a Chase 2-4-1 certificate. It's for travel starting Dec 7th. I booked the reservation in February. If I cancel this reservation can I get an FTV that will extend the 2-4-1 voucher until April 2023 ?
Yes
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes
Thanks !! What are the comments about travel having to start before Sept. 1 in order to qualify for some waiver?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:11 am

So BWC/FTV covers all new bookings for travel completed up to the end of August 2022 - previously it was up to the end of March 2022 - i.e. a new booking which involved some travel on 1 September 2022 or beyond would not be within scope.

Also all FTVs (new and existing) now extended and available to use for new trips where all travel is completed by end of September 2023 - previously this was April 2023.

Any vouchers such as 241s or GUFs held within a FTV would be available for use towards a new booking for the same period so for travel completed by end of September 2023, therefore having a 241 in a FTV would effectively extend it and keep it alive for the term of the FTV.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 11, 2021 at 9:20 am
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:31 pm

I just cancelled an avios booking but didn't go through the process I expected, I was directed to the evoucher form and have ended up with a future travel voucher
Where has my avios gone? Also there's no value at all noted on the FTV
What do I do now to get my avios back?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Earthman
I just cancelled an avios booking but didn't go through the process I expected, I was directed to the evoucher form and have ended up with a future travel voucher
Where has my avios gone? Also there's no value at all noted on the FTV
What do I do now to get my avios back?

Hi,

I believe tthat the FTV will have the value of the avios included in it but you will need to call up in order to use it.

Also , currently, if you wanted to cancel the avios booking you would have needed to call in as if you do it online, you will get the voucher.

Regards

TBS
Earthman likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I believe tthat the FTV will have the value of the avios included in it but you will need to call up in order to use it.

Also , currently, if you wanted to cancel the avios booking you would have needed to call in as if you do it online, you will get the voucher.

Regards

TBS
That's a Pita, so avios bookings cannot be cancelled online now, when did this happen?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Quick question that I hope can be answered by the collective wisdom on here (couldn’t find answer elsewhere):

Four of us due to fly on Saturday. Now looking like it might only be me travelling. Is it possible to claim a voucher for the three non-travellers and leave my booking intact?

Prices have increased significantly since I booked meaning that the price of one new return would be about the same as a voucher for the cost of the original entire booking.

Looking at the BWC form, doesn’t look like there’s the option to split the booking or is it something I could sort at LHR?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Topdeck
Quick question that I hope can be answered by the collective wisdom on here (couldn’t find answer elsewhere):

Four of us due to fly on Saturday. Now looking like it might only be me travelling. Is it possible to claim a voucher for the three non-travellers and leave my booking intact?

Prices have increased significantly since I booked meaning that the price of one new return would be about the same as a voucher for the cost of the original entire booking.

Looking at the BWC form, doesn’t look like there’s the option to split the booking or is it something I could sort at LHR?
You cant do this online you would need to call and have the booking split. You can then claim the voucher for the booking with those people that arent going to travel.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Anonba
You cant do this online you would need to call and have the booking split. You can then claim the voucher for the booking with those people that arent going to travel.
thanks so much for the insight - good to know that I have that option
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:47 pm

Can book with confidence be used for a BA (125) ticketed itinerary with all BA flight numbers but where some legs are operated by QR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.