Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Part of the reissue process is to put your BAEC number back in - when a FTV is issued it is taken out. Usually if you know the booking reference you can go in to it before the ticket is issued, enter your BAEC number, and pick seats.
Worked a treat thank you ! Strange that they still showed up on my EC page as booked flights, even though my EC number was not in them. All very strange, but at least your workaround worked.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba
Commercial bookings that are part pay with Avios can be converted to E vouchers.
Correct, but in this circumstance aren’t they put back into £ first? So the EMD voucher won’t contain any reference to points, only the original cash price before CAAV was used. I was talking about Avios used as payment for redemption inventory. Apologies if that wasn’t clear.
Anonba likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: OW
Advice needed - have an confirmed ticketed 241 (expiry July 21) Avios booking for Sep 21 which is awarding full TPs and Avios (voucher has gone through 2 iterations of FTVs in mixed classes and OJ destinations - so I suspect this is what has given rise to the anomaly vs MMB showing TPs and Avios being awarded for an unticketed booking as is normally the case).

Unfortunately the outbound (TYO) will in all likelihood not fly - other than waiting for the inevitable cancellation and requesting a further FTV (to preserve the 241 assuming no further general extension) - is there anything clever I can do to also preserve the TPs (I no longer want to fly to the destinations in the current booking).

Thanks very much in advance.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not really. I think as you note you have ended up with a booking in revenue selling classes due to previous involuntary changes to your reward booking. Reward bookings don't earn any TPs and avios normally. If you go with a new FTV, then you will just have your avios and cash on a FTV for use towards a new booking, and you need reward availability for your new flights. You should expect your new booking will book in to reward selling classes and not earn as normal.

Easy come, easy go I guess
eh220160 likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:54 am

I've quoted Globaliser from the 2-4-1 thread, as I think this comes under "Book with Confidence":

Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA has already given up to a year's formal extension for companion vouchers that would otherwise have expired unused because of the pandemic. Informally, every voucher can be extended so that it can be used for travel completed by 30 April 2023, so long as you're prepared to fix the identity of the companion you would travel with.
I may be in a position where I have to avail myself of this possibility, as one of my vouchers expires in early March next year and I know for certain I won't be able to use it in 2020 - leaving only a couple of months which are difficult work-wise for my travelling companion.

What is the current 'best practice' for this? To avoid tying up too much money and Avios in the FTV, I assume it is
1) Book somewhere that has lower taxes/isn't so far away
2) Cancel at some point before travel to tie the 2-4-1, Avios and taxes into an FTV (logically, the further in the future you book the reward flight and subsequently cancel, the further in future dates would have opened up by that point). At this point the voucher would be extended to April 2023 - regardless of actual expiry?
3) Ring up to rebook (to the desired destination on the desired dates dates), paying difference in Avios and TFC - the only restriction being that the two named people on the original booking have to be the same.

Is there anything I'm missing with this? I assume that under BWC, you don't pay the £35 per person handling fee?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
We have LHR - ALC rtn flights booked in September, upgraded to Club via a gold upgrade voucher which expires in October. I assume if we want to change the dates we have up until checkin closes to rebook the dates .. the three week rule doesn’t apply?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by squawk
2) Cancel at some point before travel to tie the 2-4-1, Avios and taxes into an FTV (logically, the further in the future you book the reward flight and subsequently cancel, the further in future dates would have opened up by that point). At this point the voucher would be extended to April 2023 - regardless of actual expiry?

Is there anything I'm missing with this? I assume that under BWC, you don't pay the £35 per person handling fee?
Yes, I think that is all correct. In practice, I don't think it matters when you book for or when you choose to cancel. I have cancelled (for FTV) and rebooked in the same call. Or, you can get the FTV (with no £35 charge) and then sit on it until you know what you want to do - but it has to be rebooked on the phone. You can however rebook in stages, ie outbound initially and then add the return when its comes into range.

If you retrospectively decide that you want to cancel outright, you can do so, even it the booking is held in a FTV, and at that stage you would lose the £35pp but the voucher will retain its original expiry date - unless there is another raft of extensions.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
We have LHR - ALC rtn flights booked in September, upgraded to Club via a gold upgrade voucher which expires in October. I assume if we want to change the dates we have up until checkin closes to rebook the dates .. the three week rule doesn’t apply?
The three week rule relates to BA Holiday bookings, and not necessarily in all circumstances either. You can get an FTV up to a few hours before departure, but don't leave it to the last moment in case there are IT outages.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The three week rule relates to BA Holiday bookings, and not necessarily in all circumstances either. You can get an FTV up to a few hours before departure, but don't leave it to the last moment in case there are IT outages.
thanks for the advice - that gives me flexibility in case of late changes by the government
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Yes, I think that is all correct. In practice, I don't think it matters when you book for or when you choose to cancel. I have cancelled (for FTV) and rebooked in the same call. Or, you can get the FTV (with no £35 charge) and then sit on it until you know what you want to do - but it has to be rebooked on the phone. You can however rebook in stages, ie outbound initially and then add the return when its comes into range.

If you retrospectively decide that you want to cancel outright, you can do so, even it the booking is held in a FTV, and at that stage you would lose the £35pp but the voucher will retain its original expiry date - unless there is another raft of extensions.
Thanks vintagepilot - that's really helpful. Much appreciated!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Crystal ball time I know, but what are people's thoughts about the likelihood that BWC will be extended further to cover bookings into next Summer (rather than the current cut off at the end of April)
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I predict either they will be extended or they won’t be.

I am confident of being proved right in a few months time! I am not called Nostradamus for nothing
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I predict either they will be extended or they won’t be.

I am confident of being proved right in a few months time! I am not called Nostradamus for nothing
Mods, you need to watch this one, looks like a classic case of post count building as there is no useful content whatsoever
efincomputer, KARFA and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Crystal ball time I know, but what are people's thoughts about the likelihood that BWC will be extended further to cover bookings into next Summer (rather than the current cut off at the end of April)
I personally think that it would be extended as still border restrictions to some countries would still remain in place. ( Eastern Asian Countries, Australia, etc... )
ratechaser and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Vouchers - time to process

Does anyone know how long it is currently taking for voucher requests to be processed? I submitted the online form to cancel/request vouchers for 2 bookings on Friday. I have had an email acknowledgment for one (BAH) but not the other (flight only) but no actual vouchers yet.

Many thanks, Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.