Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zonoza
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn't find it in the thread..

I'm looking to book economy flights LHR to Rovaneimi (connecting in HEL) for late December, returning early Jan 2022. They're operated by Finnair but bookable under BA flight numbers on ba.com. By my reckoning Book with Confidence (option to change or cancel for voucher) should apply but on the booking page you don't get the 'book now, change later' drop down. Instead, only the Finnair rules are quoted (which is free changes but not the option to cancel).

Interestingly if I try a dummy booking for the same flights as late as July, the 'book now, change later' drop down does appear. I'm assuming it's an IT glitch related to the recent extension to the policy.

Am I right that Book with Confidence applies to all the legs of these Finnair connecting flights for December?

Many thanks
​​​​​​
If booked on ba.com on a BA ticket I don't seem why BWC wouldn't apply. BWC/FTV now applies for:

• Existing bookings ticketed before 3 March 2020, for travel commencing up to and including 28 February 2021
  • New ticketed bookings made from 3 March 2020 for travel (outbound and inbound) up to 30 April 2022
  • These conditions apply to tickets issued on British Airways (125), for any carrier routing
alex67500 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
I am sorry if this was addressed in the 700+ replies on this thread:

For cash tickets booked under "Book with Confidence Policy", are there any disadvantages of me doing the dates changes online under Manage My Booking? On a dummy run, I noticed the price is roughly the same (no change fees, as expected).

I am thinking of proactively changing my Tokyo flight from May to mid June. Will the changed flight still be covered under the Book with Confidence if I change date on line myself now, and then if I want to do further changes in the future? Or are there some benefits of doing the change on the phone?

I'd rather not wait till May to see if the flight is cancelled (unlikely in May I think) and want to preserve my preferred seats where I shelled out additional £300+ and worry will be gone in June if I wait.

I do not care about cash refund because we will go to Japan either, the questing is when, not if.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
For cash tickets booked under "Book with Confidence Policy", are there any disadvantages of me doing the dates changes online under Manage My Booking? On a dummy run, I noticed the price is roughly the same (no change fees, as expected).
There is no advantage of using MMB's facility in and of itself, though it may fall over at the last stage anyway. However there is a huge disadvantage in making maybe bookings, we get daily tales of woe in this area (and it's frustrating to read when this is the advice that has been in this forum since August last year). The seat issue is unlikely to be a factor, there are so few bookings at the moment, unless you are incredibly picky. I can't see any point in paying for seat selection at the moment even if you are Blue. My guess is your flight may operate, but the restrictions on arriving passengers may still be in place at both ends so if you rebook, the flight may go ahead but it may be infeasible for you to travel. So if you go ahead and do this, expect to end up with an FTV for the flight, and an FTV for the seat cost. That is by far the most likely scenario, even taking last night's managed leaks from Downing Street into account. So leave it until a few days before travel to maximise your flexibility. But your new service would be covered with BWC, just make sure you understand it's not quite as open ended as some people think.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Thank you very much for your advice CWS, appreciate🙏. I am going to sleep on it and perhaps leave as is then, at least until we get more clarity.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is no advantage of using MMB's facility in and of itself, though it may fall over at the last stage anyway. However there is a huge disadvantage in making maybe bookings, we get daily tales of woe in this area (and it's frustrating to read when this is the advice that has been in this forum since August last year). The seat issue is unlikely to be a factor, there are so few bookings at the moment, unless you are incredibly picky. I can't see any point in paying for seat selection at the moment even if you are Blue. My guess is your flight may operate, but the restrictions on arriving passengers may still be in place at both ends so if you rebook, the flight may go ahead but it may be infeasible for you to travel. So if you go ahead and do this, expect to end up with an FTV for the flight, and an FTV for the seat cost. That is by far the most likely scenario, even taking last night's managed leaks from Downing Street into account. So leave it until a few days before travel to maximise your flexibility. But your new service would be covered with BWC, just make sure you understand it's not quite as open ended as some people think.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:15 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I have a BA Holiday booking (Club Europe flights + Avis car rental). Flights are still scheduled (for September). However, since I may need to move an earlier flight booking to the same time period I may need to cancel the BA Holiday booking. All I have paid so far is the £75 per person depost.

If I request cancellation/FTV, is the car rental component deemed to be fully flexible? In other words, should I expect to receive the deposit back in full to a FTV?
Old May 6, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Through the app, I just cancelled an Avios booking for myself and wife, and was given the option of an e-voucher, which I took, planning to use it for a different trip with myself and daughter. However, what I received was a pair of FTVs, which I obviously can't use for my daughter. I know I can pay something to cancel and re-book, but what i don't understand is why I was given an FTV rather than the promised e-voucher. Can anyone clarify ?

Apologies if already answered in the many many posts above !
Old May 6, 2021, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Through the app, I just cancelled an Avios booking for myself and wife, and was given the option of an e-voucher, which I took, planning to use it for a different trip with myself and daughter. However, what I received was a pair of FTVs, which I obviously can't use for my daughter. I know I can pay something to cancel and re-book, but what i don't understand is why I was given an FTV rather than the promised e-voucher. Can anyone clarify ?

Avios bookings are only able to be converted to FTVs.
Old May 6, 2021, 2:29 am

Just to expand a bit further on Anonba's post, reward bookings are always issued as offline FTVs and will be for the original passenger, so you can't use them for someone different. You would not get an online evoucher for a reward booking.

The only way you can end up using that value for someone else is by cancelling and redepositing the value to your avios account and the taxes/fees/charges to your card, minus the £35 per person cancellation fee if it is a voluntary cancellation.
Anonba likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 2:45 am

There is no ‘promise’ of an e-voucher, only an offer to provide one where possible... the wording is very clever here because there are some bookings that can’t be converted, including anything using Avios as currency (as this is not accepted by IATA in the technical standards for EMDs).
Old May 6, 2021, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Confus
There is no ‘promise’ of an e-voucher, only an offer to provide one where possible... the wording is very clever here because there are some bookings that can’t be converted, including anything using Avios as currency (as this is not accepted by IATA in the technical standards for EMDs).
Commercial bookings that are part pay with Avios can be converted to E vouchers.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Anonba
Commercial bookings that are part pay with Avios can be converted to E vouchers.
Is that for the value of the total original cash price of the ticket before the Avios were used to discount the cash amount actually payable? So that the Avios are effectively converted back into a cash equivalent?
Anonba likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I have just re-booked a couple of Avios bookings for which I had FTV's. The re-booking through the Gold line was straightforward, and I was fold the tickets would take some time to be re-issued as travel is not imminent and there is a backlog.

Now in MB I get a message saying that seat selection is only available at check-in. This seems odd. Even f the e-tickets have not been re-issued surely I would normally be able to choose my seats. Before I call up, is this a known glitch ?

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; May 6, 2021 at 9:44 am
Old May 6, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
You can only pick seats when reissued. I’ve had this a few times.
Old May 6, 2021, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
You can only pick seats when reissued. I’ve had this a few times.
Part of the reissue process is to put your BAEC number back in - when a FTV is issued it is taken out. Usually if you know the booking reference you can go in to it before the ticket is issued, enter your BAEC number, and pick seats.
Old May 6, 2021, 9:58 am

I have just re-booked a couple of Avios bookings for which I had FTV's. The re-booking through the Gold line was straightforward, and I was fold the tickets would take some time to be re-issued as travel is not imminent and there is a backlog.

Now in MB I get a message saying that seat selection is only available at check-in. This seems odd. Even f the e-tickets have not been re-issued surely I would normally be able to choose my seats. Before I call up, is this a known glitch ?
it shouldn’t be an issue normally for ba reward flights. Leave it a few hours and try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.