Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The one thing i have found is often the booking made with an FTV has been reticketed, but I never receive a new e-ticket email. You can check whether it is done though as the new ticket number will appear on the flight in the app, and if you go in to MMB and click to display the e-ticket it will show in the pop up box.
Vasto1M likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
The one thing i have found is often the booking made with an FTV has been reticketed, but I never receive a new e-ticket email. You can check whether it is done though as the new ticket number will appear on the flight in the app, and if you go in to MMB and click to display the e-ticket it will show in the pop up box.
Agree, used an FTV to book flights in May and was ticketed within days.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, same here despite the agent advising the new e-ticket would be emailed once ticketed. All tickets have been reissued in a mater of an hour or so.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Usually simple tickets issued via Self Serve get eVouchers, so not altered by vouchers, codeshares, surface sectors, POUGs, Companion Vouchers, post event seating fees, GUFs and all the other wonderful things that FTers know and love. If you booked it in one fell swoop on BA.com without altering it thereafter, then you get the eVoucher.
I have a revenue booking for 2 people, done 'self-serve' online, using a GUF2 as part of the booking process, booked in September for travel in June.

If I want to 'move' it what voucher would I get and with what restrictions? If it is an FTV would that be limited to future travel for the named travellers or can I dip into it a couple of times for multiple future trips for me as a solo traveller. What happens to the GUF?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I have a revenue booking for 2 people, done 'self-serve' online, using a GUF2 as part of the booking process, booked in September for travel in June.

If I want to 'move' it what voucher would I get and with what restrictions? If it is an FTV would that be limited to future travel for the named travellers or can I dip into it a couple of times for multiple future trips for me as a solo traveller. What happens to the GUF?
You would normally get two FTVs, not eVoucher, with the GUF attached to the lead booker. These would then be usable only by the named two passengers, but you can dip into it several times. The GUF2 can be used on the FTV rebooking, I think you can swap in a third invidual for that GUF but they would either need their own FTV or pay straight cash for a ticket.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Ok, thanks - simplest to keep it as a new trip for the same 2 pax then I guess.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:53 am

Can I just check, how does the flexibility for changes work for itineraries already begun?

If someone is already travelling but wishes to change their return flight, is there any flexibility on that or no?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Can I just check, how does the flexibility for changes work for itineraries already begun?

If someone is already travelling but wishes to change their return flight, is there any flexibility on that or no?
I'm assuming BA will run the return flight as advertised. In that scenario you can only move to another flight by paying any fare difference, but would benefit from not paying the change fee.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:20 am

I'm assuming BA will run the return flight as advertised. In that scenario you can only move to another flight by paying any fare difference, but would benefit from not paying the change fee.
By which point that flight may be very expensive, I guess (we are talking what would be a last minute change).

I am mostly wanting to think of this in case I need to change a return flight to "beat" quarantine, in which case what I am likely best doing is simply booking a (cheap) alternative return flight now, and then taking the voucher (as a future little bit of credit if that flight isn't needed)? Secure the cheap price now rather than risk a very expensive last minute change.
Will100 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:34 am

By which point that flight may be very expensive, I guess (we are talking what would be a last minute change).
Not necessarily. Usually changes to returns are done on a historic fare basis and so long as the replacement flight isn't too full then moving flights may be free, given the absence of change fees. It would need a forensic check of the tickets and buckets to reach a firm view on that.

The obvious way around this, assuming Avios availability, is to book this with a redemption, as a single ticket out, and say two single tickets back, and cancel the one you don't want (or FTV it) at least 24 hours before the return. Or if it's a cheap commercial booking, particularly to somewhere you could use way in the future, then use historic pricing to push the return way out and replace the return with an Avios ticket if commecial was too expensive.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:27 am

Sorry not quite sure I understand - historic fare basis, as in, the price when I booked the original ticket? Though I guess the risk is that if it is a change due to a quarantine policy (ie changing only on Thurs evening next week), there would be a huge rush for tickets for the Friday so they might all fill very quickly.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:33 am

Sorry not quite sure I understand - historic fare basis, as in, the price when I booked the original ticket? Though I guess the risk is that if it is a change due to a quarantine policy (ie changing only on Thurs evening next week), there would be a huge rush for tickets for the Friday so they might all fill very quickly.
Yes, that is possible, so the Avios idea would work if that scenario applied. But when Portugal mainland was excluded, and Poland too, this didn't happen. Historic fares are indeed the fare structure that would have applied at the time of booking, rather the any recent fare changes. This is all about appetite to risk, but so is all travel now, even travel within the UK is now restricted to some degree.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:09 am

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP

Related question, if it works out that the fare difference is lower to change the date of a return flight on a part flown booking, will BA issue a voucher for the fare difference or is nothing due in that case? I know under BWC if the entire journey is rebooked at a lower fare BA will issue another voucher for the difference but I'm not sure how this works if the booking is part flown?

Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Bflotraveler
Related question, if it works out that the fare difference is lower to change the date of a return flight on a part flown booking, will BA issue a voucher for the fare difference or is nothing due in that case? I know under BWC if the entire journey is rebooked at a lower fare BA will issue another voucher for the difference but I'm not sure how this works if the booking is part flown?
Again this depends a lot on specific ticketing details. But as a general rule, if the rebooking works out cheaper on the replacement sector you get nothing back. If it works out more expensive you are liable for the fare difference on a historic basis (usually) but there isn't a change fee. You can't have a voucher after you have started the first flight on the booking, though some people have said they have got this. If BA cancel the service then you can have an Involuntary Refund, which is calculated (broadly speaking) by ticketing construct, with taxes levied against actual flown flights, usually it's better value to rebook rather than take an Involuntary Refund, but that's a very general point which won't always apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.