FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book with confidence policy
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:49 am
blindman

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If your flight isn't cancelled by BA, then you can apply for an FTV which lasts until April 2022, all travel completed by the end of April 2022. However this current booking has to be booked so that the trip ends before the end of August 2021 as things stand. If you keep it at June for now, as you are proposing, but apply for an FTV that would allow you to move it for the fare difference until April 2022.

Proceed wih caution - are you completely sure you can travel in June 2021? If it's London to Frankfurt then that's probably going to work. If it's London to Sydney it almost certainly will not work.
Thanks for the reply.

I understand how the FTV works, but that is for a cancellation surely?
THE FTV is of no use to me as if my plans get cancelled in June 2021 I want to travel back to the same place in June 2022.

I'm trying to hedge my bets that travel to Canada will be OK in June 21 and if not I can change the dates of travel to June 2022.

If the 355 time starts from booking date then it will not work for me, hence why I need clarifiaction of how far forward I can change the ticket under the BWC

Thanks