Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, but be wary of "maybe" bookings, at some point you will run out of bandwidth.
Thank you. I've thankfully got none of the things myself yet, but I will be passing this onto my friend.

My belief is come August I will acquire my first one, as we have a 'maybe' booking with Iberia to Portugal. However, I did factor in that it might not happen, so am ok with the risk, Especially as I will have to travel to Madrid and to UK at some point for work/study, so I have a way to use it.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
As I understand it, it is one FTV per person, and the FTV has to be in the same name as the person on the original flight and the same person on the rebooked flight. That's for Flight Only bookings, BAH is a bit more complex. There is a mega voucher option for getting the FTV if it was originally a group of travellers. Occasionally we get asked this, but to the best of my recollection no-one has yet clearly stated that they have used multiple FTVs on one new Flight Only booking.

[However for eVouchers there can be 4 to a booking maximum].
I used 3 'original' FTVs solely in my name towards 1 new booking also solely in my name so that's doable. I have 1 remaining FTV that I believe I can put towards my part of this new family booking.

What I'm unsure about is come August 22nd if I cancel and ask for a voucher, it it will still be individual PX FTVs x 6 or 1 'megavoucher' that's essentially just a bucket of money to use.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
would i be able to get a FTV for this:

booked flight jan 2020 (ie pre mar 3 2020). once covid started i moved the flight many times and eventually cashed in this flight for a more expensive flight in march 2021.

is the policy for a new FTV based on the original jan 2020 purchase date or the most recent re-issuance of the ticket for the march 2021 flight (which was december)?

basically i want to know if i can change my march flight again with no change fee--and if the policy applies to the very first booking made under this record locator despite it having been reissued a number of times since.

thanks
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
What I'm unsure about is come August 22nd if I cancel and ask for a voucher, it it will still be individual PX FTVs x 6 or 1 'megavoucher' that's essentially just a bucket of money to use.
It could be either, however megavouchers seem to be possible for simple bookings only, and that's not something we allow in this forum. So I would assume of 6 x FTVs. There may be a small merit in breaking up groups around possible cancellation scenarios but in any event breaking up a PNR is relatively simple.
tuonopepper likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
Cancelled BAH Flight

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone will be able to help with this....

I have a BAH booking, flight and car hire to Orlando:
13 feb LHR - MCO BA0205
20 Feb MCO - LHR BA0204

I obviously won’t be able to travel, and I’ve been keeping my eye on the flights to see if they get cancelled. Yesterday, there was an aircraft change, and today, the flights no longer seem to be bookable on The website (no direct flights until April now).

I would like to change the dates of these if they have indeed been cancelled, and I understand that you can change to a future date within 12 months of the ticket issue date.

However, these were initially booked as economy, then after several route changes I upgraded to club for a very good price. My question is, is the 12 month period from the initial BAH booking, the route change date, or when we upgraded to club?

If anyone is also able to confirm of the flights have been cancelled, that would be great.

Thanks everyone - just want to make sure so know the options before calling tonight/tomorrow
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by VSLover
booked flight jan 2020 (ie pre mar 3 2020). once covid started i moved the flight many times and eventually cashed in this flight for a more expensive flight in march 2021.
What do you mean by "cashed in"? Did you apply for a refund and then rebook? Use an FTV? Or just kept paying the change fees?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
What do you mean by "cashed in"? Did you apply for a refund and then rebook? Use an FTV? Or just kept paying the change fees?
just kept paying the change fees because at the time i was making the changes, the pre mar 3 flights were not eligible for changes w no change fee. the last FTV i was issued under this locator was aug 2020 if that matters. when i changed flights at the time they cancelled out the flight, issued the FTV which was immediately used for the new mar 2021 booking.

Last edited by VSLover; Jan 13, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Chrisnichols
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone will be able to help with this....

I have a BAH booking, flight and car hire to Orlando:
13 feb LHR - MCO BA0205
20 Feb MCO - LHR BA0204
BAH is different to Flight Only bookings, if your trip is non viable then you will get a full refund even if the flight goes ahead. In terms of rebooking, the flight sector should be changeable for a new date and in the current (CW) cabin, but then it depends a bit on your car hire conditions as to how this gets repriced. I suspect Florida car hire is going to be reasonably flexible. Now I have been preaching the gospel of "no maybe bookings" for over 6 months now (no-one is listening but that's ok) and you can hopefully see the problem here: if you allow a refund, which I think you will be given at 3 weeks to departure or thereabouts, you have cash in your pocket, which is a better idea than an interest-free loan to BA, on BA's terms, when they could go theoretically go bankrupt (etc) if this pandemic has yet another ugly turn. If you really want this "maybe booking" then the flights can be changed without extra cost, but it then depends on your car package what the cost implications are, and whether that is a sensible thing to do given all the uncertainties. On the other hand, if you do nothing, there's a good chance that BA will pro-actively cancel and refund your booking.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
just kept paying the change fees because at the time i was making the changes, the pre mar 3 flights were not eligible for changes w no change fee. the last FTV i was issued under this locator was aug 2020 if that matters. when i changed flights at the time they cancelled out the flight, issued the FTV which was immediately used for the new mar 2021 booking.
I'm still somewhat confused given the mention of FTVs, but let me come up with a simplistic scenario:
- you have a flight in March 2021. You paid for this with an FTV when you made a new booking in August 2020.
You therefore can FTV again or wait for a cancellation. A cancellation will give you a refund, losing all the change fees, but it's cash. If cancelled you can rebook to new dates. Beware of.....
VSLover likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
BAH is different to Flight Only bookings, if your trip is non viable then you will get a full refund even if the flight goes ahead. In terms of rebooking, the flight sector should be changeable for a new date and in the current (CW) cabin, but then it depends a bit on your car hire conditions as to how this gets repriced. I suspect Florida car hire is going to be reasonably flexible. Now I have been preaching the gospel of "no maybe bookings" for over 6 months now (no-one is listening but that's ok) and you can hopefully see the problem here: if you allow a refund, which I think you will be given at 3 weeks to departure or thereabouts, you have cash in your pocket, which is a better idea than an interest-free loan to BA, on BA's terms, when they could go theoretically go bankrupt (etc) if this pandemic has yet another ugly turn. If you really want this "maybe booking" then the flights can be changed without extra cost, but it then depends on your car package what the cost implications are, and whether that is a sensible thing to do given all the uncertainties. On the other hand, if you do nothing, there's a good chance that BA will pro-actively cancel and refund your booking.
Thanks CWS, really appreciate your advice and comments about the risk of keeping the booking rather than just getting a refund (as you say, definitely the lowest risk option).

If we were to move the flights and car hire, and it was priced attractively, do you know if the 12 month period be:

July 21 (12m from the original booking)
Oct 21 (12m from when I upgraded to CW)

This will decide how we proceed, as the earliest I’d want to book anything for would be the summer
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Chrisnichols
July 21 (12m from the original booking)
Oct 21 (12m from when I upgraded to CW)
If it was Flight Only then July 2021. But you are not Flight Only.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:02 am

Back in October 2020 I booked one of the special £999 Club fares and packaged this with car hire to turn into a BAH booking, and duly paid £350 deposit.

The flights booked were cancelled and I rebooked them for September this year.

I note this date is outwith the BWC dates of travel by 31st August.

If I decide not to travel, will I lose the deposit? The route is LHR/LAX.

Tks
Old Jan 19, 2021, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by LucyK1806
If I decide not to travel, will I lose the deposit? The route is LHR/LAX.
Correct, at the moment. It may change nearer the time, but I'm advocating people do not move bookings if there is cancel/refund option.
LucyK1806 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Has anyone heard about whether the book with confidence travel dates will be extended after Aug 2021? I would like to book flights into the Autumn but a bit wary....
Old Jan 21, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by brithk
Has anyone heard about whether the book with confidence travel dates will be extended after Aug 2021? I would like to book flights into the Autumn but a bit wary....
Im sure they will, there are many other wary bookers out there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.