Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
If it makes anyone feel better, Air France has been a mess all day too. At the moment cannot log into anything … BA - we do not recognise those details, AF - sorry an unexpected technical error has occurred. Also, unsurprisingly, KLM with the same issue. Guess I should book a train
BA or bust, adrianlondon and DaveS like this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
This is a major disaster of BA. Not an issue, Bug or Glitch! Just a total @uck up!

An absolute failure. Can they not even have a RED FLAG Banner on BA.COM indicating they are having major IT Issues! Is that too much to ask.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Were flying as bronze in 7 days. Unable to select seats from IOS app, but eventually managed via Android app in case that helps anyone.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
OLCI failing for flights tomorrow - but ticketed
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Radtel
Google flights does not have all of BA availability on it.
helpful to know. Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Managed to OLCI for flight back although going to load BP then loads an incorrect mishmash of the two outbound flight BPs (EDI-LHR and LHR-PHX - seat numbers right but destinations mixed up) that I have to scroll past to get to the PHX-LHR one. EDI then not loading at all. You'd really have thought they've have sussed how to run OLCI by now...
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Is it impossible to book AA awards on BA.com anymore?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Yesterday's screen after online check in .....

So you know exactly what to expect....

At what time
At which location
To use what

It is interesting to see the standard template.......

But it feels like a Dungeons & Dragons role playing game manual instruction .....
With touches of Cluedo the boardgame ....

Please go to the....,,,
Closes ..... minutes before departure
Please collect your boarding pass from a .....
Check in kiosk where available, alternatively use a ......
Closes .... minutes before departure

You could fill in the blanks to make a funny story like we used to do when we were still kids ....
or out of boredom waiting at Prt a Manger at LCY for 3 hours with a hint stupidity .....
EDIflyer, ExpatExp and DaveS like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
After maybe 20-30 attempts using my phone, my laptop differing IP addresses and browsers etc. managed to finally check in late last night for my flight this morning.

landed and now trying to do the same for my flight back tonight and back to square one.

So, were up to date 3 of continued IT issues?!
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by GuyWMD
So, were up to date 3 of continued IT issues?!
You're making OnBusiness users cry.
alexwuk and EDIflyer like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
ba.com completely down yet again for the third day on the trot.

Had a schedule change and the app doesnt even show its changed, just the new time as if Ive confirmed it (when I havent).

Absolute joke IT management!
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Yesterday, Mrs Tafflyer was unable to travel with me on our LGW-FAO. 2 Separate bookings. I wanted to cancel her flight 2 hours before to at least get the taxes returned but could not get through to the Gold line, my App was timing out and ba.com was giving an error. Check-in, lounge and gate agents could (or would) not help. And now I can join the hoards of displaced passengers calling the depleted service numbers to fight for the refund I am entitled but which most certainly all systems will refuse without override. Another shambles.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
You're making OnBusiness users cry.
Don't worry, I'm one of those as well...
EDIflyer and adrianlondon like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:07 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Not sure if this a BA.com issue or a Companion Voucher issue: but there are a couple of destinations where attempting to book two passengers in Business with avios & the premium companion voucher BA.com returns regular U class availability (I've checked Expertflyer with a UK Point of Sale and there are plenty of I class seats on BA operated services). The destinations I've seen this issue for are PHX and LAS, but selecting LAX works fine to access I class.

Is this a BA.com issue and if I call BA the phone agents will be able to book me into UK PoS I class seats, or is this an known but unpublished limitation of the Premium Amex companion voucher's ability to access I class?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Yesterday, Mrs Tafflyer was unable to travel with me on our LGW-FAO. 2 Separate bookings. I wanted to cancel her flight 2 hours before to at least get the taxes returned but could not get through to the Gold line, my App was timing out and ba.com was giving an error. Check-in, lounge and gate agents could (or would) not help. And now I can join the hoards of displaced passengers calling the depleted service numbers to fight for the refund I am entitled but which most certainly all systems will refuse without override. Another shambles.
I think you will still get the tax back if you call now but without them deducting a cancellation fee that they do before departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.