Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For weeks I’ve been trying to update my Advanced Passenger Information or at least clear it because I got a new passport.

Every time, regardless of browser or device, I just get an error “Sorry something went wrong”.

Call centre also tried to update and clear the data and it also failed.

Raised a contact form and not heard back.

It’s a pain, every time I book a flight I need to remember my old passport number to update the API.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:09 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Trying to purchase flights but I can't seem to get past a screen I've never seen before: "Give us a moment, we're calculating your price".

It then changes to "Your payment is in progress. Please don't refresh the page or press the back button".

A bit strange since I haven't been able to enter any payment details yet...

edit: finally got it to load properly, tried to apply an eVoucher but can't get that to work... the button just turns into an endless spinning circle.

BA's IT is seriously so bad they must lose money for how many people would give up and go book with someone else.

Last edited by LondonAussie; Jan 17, 2024 at 3:23 am
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BAEC account - IT update

Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue.
I am trying to retrieve the BAEC numbers for my household family members to book flight through another oneworld airline, however I am unable to log in my ba.com app and website. I have tried call the BAEC team and they too are unable to log into the system. The IT system has gone downhill in recent months.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:00 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by taz22456
Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue.
I am trying to retrieve the BAEC numbers for my household family members to book flight through another oneworld airline, however I am unable to log in my ba.com app and website. I have tried call the BAEC team and they too are unable to log into the system. The IT system has gone downhill in recent months.
BA’s IT is woeful at the moment. If the flights you want are likely to disappear then I would book straight away and then add the BAEC account numbers later (either on the BA site, the airline you book the tickets with, or on Finnair’s MMB function).
Even if for some reason none of those work you can add them at check in at the airport.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Online checkin unavailable RTM-LCY

Just a heads up as data point

Tried online check in on IPAD 4 with IOS 17.2
For flight RTM-LCY
Within the 24 hour mark, as travelling tomorrow...

And yielded as return

Also did not receive any email in advance mentioning the usual " online check in is now available"
Temperamental BA IT strikes again ?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
I also can't check in for a LHR-EDI tomorrow (same message on the app, BA.com just says 'online check-in is not available').
Also didn't receive the normal 'check in open' email, nor the one reminding me to take photo ID!
I'll try again later / tomorrow morning.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It was on the front page of BA.com that due to an IT update that OLCI would be out of service for a few hours. I noticed this late last night. That message appears now to have gone from BA.com
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thank you both for letting me know, very assuring!

After dinner i had a try again,
Can report that online check in is now working again.

Mods: the thread can be closed

Thanks again for your help
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:15 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Amateur hour...

So, flight tomorrow. Check in online and get an email confirmation that I'm all set.

4 hours later I get an email from BA asking "Are you ready to go" and suggesting I should check in online, with a handy embedded button to take me there. Okay.

Out of morbid curiosity, I clicked the button, and it took me to a German language page - presumably because I'm in Austria, and it can't figure out that it was a link from an English email. It also wants my PNR again. The one quoted in the email. Because God forbid that it could carry that over either.

Now all of this is no doubt small beans in BA IT terms, but I do have to wonder sometimes if there is any self-awareness in the organisation around how amateurish this all looks...

Never mind, off to bed.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ratechaser
So, flight tomorrow. Check in online and get an email confirmation that I'm all set.

4 hours later I get an email from BA asking "Are you ready to go" and suggesting I should check in online, with a handy embedded button to take me there. Okay.

Out of morbid curiosity, I clicked the button, and it took me to a German language page - presumably because I'm in Austria, and it can't figure out that it was a link from an English email. It also wants my PNR again. The one quoted in the email. Because God forbid that it could carry that over either.

Now all of this is no doubt small beans in BA IT terms, but I do have to wonder sometimes if there is any self-awareness in the organisation around how amateurish this all looks...

Never mind, off to bed.

I received a survey on Thursday morning from BA with the title "Tell us how you're feeling".

I told them how I was feeling about their ropey website! I missed a trick though. I should have included a link to the Issues and Bugs thread.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd guess the vast majority of their customers won't give such things a second thought.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:35 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'd guess the vast majority of their customers won't give such things a second thought.
Ok, well that's alright then.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:59 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
BA's IT is seriously so bad they must lose money for how many people would give up and go book with someone else.
Well it seems that it is bad enough for Sean Doyle to announce that he is spending a lot of money to fix it. However I don’t think it is SO bad that they are losing that much money. My theory (which is my theory wot is ) is that for the majority of simple straightforward purchases (e.g. non-BAEC members of the public) it works OK… but as soon as someone is logged into the BAEC is goes very pear-shaped. Though I have (in my past working life) directed some very large IT centric programmes I am by no means an IT expert. But I do think that, from a) past experience of IT, b) experience of using BAEC myself and c) feedback from this board, that as soon as you get more than two or three of BA’s systems needing to work together… it all falls over.

So yes they must be losing money, probably not enough that they are panicking, but enough that they have put a lot of money behind it.

I am also not sure how they really compare to other airlines. We all extol the virtues (for example) of Finnair MMB, but what is the rest of Finnair like? And I read some good stuff about AA, but also read about some glitches.

So yes BA is (FINALLY) spending a lot of money on IT, but like most organisations, against many other priorities, the budget (albeit large) is not infinite. And that budget will be set according to the return they expect to get in solving the most pressing issues.
EDIflyer and adrianlondon like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well, this is a new one for me. I got it after getting the "page timeout" message and clicking Home to go back to the home page.

On a positive note, this morning I was able to click through from my list of forthcoming bookings to the booking itself without getting an error and having to enter the booking reference again. It's the first time I've managed to do that in quite a while.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Seem unable to log in to the BA app and the website just doesn’t load.

I was able to book a flight on my app, and the money has gone but then no booking showed up and the app then logged me out. No email has arrived either.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ba.com suggests it’s an outage for all not just me.

I just wish BA would sort their IT out sometimes…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.